Nugget Shooter Forums

Shaker Table Plans

Hello all,

I am looking for plans to build a shaker table. I saw one on Chris Ralphs web site, but there are no actual plans posted, just a general description. I would like to build one that is smaller in size. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Nuggetshooter,

I'll dig through my files and see if I can find the plans we used to build our table back in the late 70's. It may be to big for what your looking for, it was 6 foot by 12 foot.

Also you might want to check out this website and look at his equipment. http://www.angusmackirk.com/

OL'29er

Nuggetshooter,

I'll dig through my files and see if I can find the plans we used to build our table back in the late 70's. It may be to big for what your looking for, it was 6 foot by 12 foot.

Also you might want to check out this website and look at his equipment. http://www.angusmackirk.com/

OL'29er

That would be great if you can find the plans. Do you think we could down size it without changing its effectiveness? Also thanks for the link - some interesting looking equipment!. Thanks.

Down sizing it would not be a problem as long as we keep the size proportions in order. I've checked my files and I am having my hard rock partner check his for the plans. There are a couple companies that make a small lab table, 2 foot by 4 foot, that might be right for you. I'll check the Mining Journal for their phone numbers.

OL'29er

OL'29er

Thanks for your help. We have a claim in AZ that produces well, but it is very fine gold and a shaker table would be very helpful in our recovery process. Looking forward to heraring from you. Thank you again and have a great new year.

Nuggetshooter,

I'm new to this forum. I have Built small tables before but it was a long time ago. The only way I can explain how to go about it is to give you some pointers.

1. The base must be heavy in relation to size.

2. Float the table using 2 s.s. rods with sealed linear bearings, one rod close to the top underside of table,the other, close to the bottom.

3.The motor is mounted to the end of the frame,on a hinge assy.

4.The cam I would use for such a small table would be nothing more than a good quality pulley. Drill a hole close to the outside of the pully, that way you can use different size weights to control the amount of bounce you want. Simple bolt with lead weights will work. When you get the right bounce you wont be changing it all the time anyway. The pulley is fastened to the underside of the table.

5.Use good quality springs, one on each corner of the table which will eliminate any slop you might get, that is why the linear bearings are so exellent.

6.You must figure out the proper table speed either using a variable speed motor or a pulley setup that is used on drill presses.

I do know one thing for sure!! there not that easy to build. I had a hell of a time trying to figure it all out. If you break it down into each assy. and use quality stuff you will find that it is a great project for the guy who likes to tinker. The little tables dont sell for a grand because there easy!!If you start one and have a question, give me a call 253-299-6423 SteveT

Steve T,

Very well put. Small or Large, they are not easy to build. Quality parts and material are very important. A shaker table takes one hellva of a beating, especially, if your running it 6-8 hours a day.

Nuggetshooter,

My partner could not find our plans either. They may have gotten lost in moving not sure. Try the following companies:

1. globalminingsolutions.com

2. Silver Springs Mining Equipment (775-577-2192) We also used 2 of their tables and they worked great.

Both companies make small tables from lab size to double-deckers. Primary cut tables to finish cut tables.

OL'29er

Nuggetshooter,

Action mining services builds small tables with linear bearings EMAIL-Actionmining@worldnet.att.net

SteveT

Thank you all for your efforts and information. I will look into the premade ones and see if I can get one for a good price. I see them from time to time on the internet, I will keep my eyes open for used ones as well. Thanks again and Happy New Year to all!

Send a pm I have a pdf of a man portable table top unit devoleped by the british geological society.

Hi !!

I've been searching for the plans that the British Geological Society said they have for the shaker table. They do not have it on their site anymore and I noticed you have them. Would you share them with me? I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Dave

Nuggetshooter,

I'm new to this forum. I have Built small tables before but it was a long time ago. The only way I can explain how to go about it is to give you some pointers.

1. The base must be heavy in relation to size.

2. Float the table using 2 s.s. rods with sealed linear bearings, one rod close to the top underside of table,the other, close to the bottom.

3.The motor is mounted to the end of the frame,on a hinge assy.

4.The cam I would use for such a small table would be nothing more than a good quality pulley. Drill a hole close to the outside of the pully, that way you can use different size weights to control the amount of bounce you want. Simple bolt with lead weights will work. When you get the right bounce you wont be changing it all the time anyway. The pulley is fastened to the underside of the table.

5.Use good quality springs, one on each corner of the table which will eliminate any slop you might get, that is why the linear bearings are so exellent.

6.You must figure out the proper table speed either using a variable speed motor or a pulley setup that is used on drill presses.

I do know one thing for sure!! there not that easy to build. I had a hell of a time trying to figure it all out. If you break it down into each assy. and use quality stuff you will find that it is a great project for the guy who likes to tinker. The little tables dont sell for a grand because there easy!!If you start one and have a question, give me a call 253-299-6423 SteveT

Hi Steve,

I noticed you have experience with making a shaker table. Detailed info is so hard to find. I'm curious to know what works for you. The table layout, riffle details, angles, depth, shape, location, length, etc. are all somewhat mysterious. I'm a machinist and can do it all nicely but want to get it done right the first time.

I sure would appreciate any help you could give, drawings, pictures, etc. I collect alot of concentrates from my mining claim in the gold country of California.

Thank you,

Dave

sparkysixsix@yahoo.com