Nugget Shooter Forums

argentina

dirt hound

Hello ,I am going to Argentina for three months and will bring two tesoro nugget shooters, I will be staying in the San Juan region which is the pre andes.It look sort of like arizona but with huge mountains.I know barrick has a gold mine up about 4000 meters that is called veladero,but I dont know if it is micron gold or not.Very few people prospect for gold there.I know of one person who found a nugget enclosed in some sort of rock when he was looking for inca arrow heads.I did not see the nugget but I presume it was enclosed in quartz.When I asked my friend if anyone ever looks for gold or inca artifacts with a metal detector he said a metal what?a I said metal detector aparently they dont know what a metal detector is,all the better for me.The next day I went to a small museum in a town called jachal where they had all these inca artifacts made from gold ,they also had outside the museum these doughnut shaped things about six feet in diameter that looks like they were mad of sand stone.the guy at the museum told that was where the indians put the gold they found and eventually it would go back to Peru.I presume they were putting nuggets in there and the guy at the museum was not very speciffic and my spanish is limited.What I want to ask has anybody ever heard of placer gold down there? And if so what are the indicators to look for? Would it be the same as in the US.Thank You