Nugget Shooter Forums

Whiteout on Rich Hill

Uncle Ron

Rich Hill is getting hammered with snow right now. Looks neat, but I sure wouldn't want to be in it.....I was just talking with Les Bender of Weaver Mining District and he said Stanton is getting snowed on real hard...Cheers, Unc

It's not as impressive as John B.'s action shot of his bordello inspection, but here's Rich Hill getting snowed on right now.......Cheers, Unc

post-9-1230337219_thumb.jpg

Hi Ron,

That's a heck of system that has moved in. Probably gonna get a little chilly tonight too. I think the news said that the low temp there in Wickleberg is sposed to be in the mid-twenties! Brrrrrrrrrrr. Ron, could you post a morning shot with the snow on top tomorrow?

Ben

Hi Mike...As I said above, I had just talked with Les Bender who told me that he had talked with his employee in Stanton who said it was snowing like hell there...I think that might freeze me out of the push tomorrow...I got out to LSD for a couple hours this afternoon and froze my cajones off...Took me a couple hours and several shots of Jose Cuervo to thaw out........Cheers, Ron

Hi Ron Duhhhhhhhh on me :tisc-tisc: I was at a push years ago up there and it was total fog you could'nt see 5 feet in front of your self and muddy as hell--should be interesting tomorrow :icon_mrgreen: -Don't worry I'll take care of the nugs that HAD your name on them :headphones: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Holy Cow, Greg...There ain't enough fish in the world to get me into that kind of country....I have a question--Why do you have a roach holder on a fish... :laught16::laught16::laught16: ...Kinda hard to keep lit aren't they? :laught16: ...Cheers, Unc

Ron why would you notice the roach clip?

Actually I use 1 barb-less hook on my lures and use them to remove the hook while the fish is still in the hole.

Occasionally I bring 1 or 2 home for dinner.

That ice was 20 inches thick and about 15 degrees.

It is 9 up there right now and should be -4 for the low.

Hey JB isn't that a nice looking truck up there?

It was cold up there for this Vegas boy.

JB looks like our truck temp display reads in the negative numbers.

Caught close to 100 pan size rainbows at cave lake thru the ice, had the whole lake to myself.

Sunday went to Ilipah and ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in a while. Only 3 of us there.

I caught and released about 50 there and kept 2 that were 3 pounds apiece.

Howdy Greg,Thats a nice Brown. i used to do alot of ice fishing but the cold weather takes it toll on my arthuritic ole bones. i spent all summer and fall fly fishing in Montana. My best day was 56 rainbow16 to 24'' on a fly rod kicking around in a float tube. didn't find much gold during the summer months but I'm making up for it this winter.

Keep a tight line. Harry