Nugget Shooter Forums

Converse Boots $39.99

richs

I have been wearing that boot for about 6 months or so and it is extremely comfortable and light.....At that price, I may buy another pair...Size-wise they seem right on...They do not give the firm support you need for very long hikes....I bought a pair of Rocky desert boots on eBay for $80 that retail for around $250 ... They give excellent support and I wear them when I anticipate more strenuous climbing or lengthy hikeing...However, the Converse boots are the one's I prefer in general because of lightness and comfort.. :twocents: ..Cheers, Unc

Rich, the key is to break them in. I have had several pair of various brands (being in the military) and find that it's all in the break in. Most blisters occur, at least for me, where the seams join together, on the back of the boot. Some guys have used the slow method of break in, wear them a few hours, each day, some have taken a shower with them on and then let 'em dry, and others just wear them till the cows come home. But never think you can break them in on the first day, walking around Franconia for 7 miles or so, and think there good to go...Jason :;):

striderites.jpg

I brought a pair of these to Brazil. They were by far the most comfortable high boots I have worn to date. They did start to de-laminate right at the lower part of the back but a bit of glue and they have been good to go since........... I was lucky, they fit me perfect right out of the box.

Where are they available for that price, I will get a second pair

I brought a pair of these to Brazil. They were by far the most comfortable high boots I have worn to date. They did start to de-laminate right at the lower part of the back but a bit of glue and they have been good to go since........... I was lucky, they fit me perfect right out of the box.

Where are they available for that price, I will get a second pair

Steve, click on the link that richs posted. I have 2 pair of these boots and mine fit perfect right out of the box. I have the high top prospecting and hiking low top for every day wear.

Richs, You can not go wrong with these boots.

Bob

I have done a lot of hiking in my Brahma boots. They have held up all over Colorado and now AZ. They are a bit heavier than I like, but They are comfortable too, which is important on these old tired feet. One thing though, I hate driving in them. So I usually take them off when I get in the truck, to go home.

lol...besides driving home barefooted reminds me of my old Hippy days in the early 70's :ROFL: ......God how we become our parents when we get old! :hmmmmmm:

PS My Brahma's cost 60 bucks

Don't know what it is about LAGear, I get their advertising, but not their closeouts! I was just on LAGear's site about a month ago. I'm wearing a pair of these boots right now, and have for work and detecting. Support is marginal, but they make pads to correct that. Thanks for the heads up on the closeout. $39 for comfortable size 14's is good! Ordered two pair!

Shep

PS- and they weren't that bad in the heat of the summer! warm, but not bad-

Don't know what it is about LAGear, I get their advertising, but not their closeouts! I was just on LAGear's site about a month ago. I'm wearing a pair of these boots right now, and have for work and detecting. Support is marginal, but they make pads to correct that. Thanks for the heads up on the closeout. $39 for comfortable size 14's is good! Ordered two pair!

Shep

PS- and they weren't that bad in the heat of the summer! warm, but not bad-

UM....er......UM.....Did you just say size 14? Holy Moly!! you got someone else in there with you? :laught16:

• 4 weeks later...

Yo Slim...I tried to buy myself and Dodacious each another pair but LA Police Gear said they were out of stock!!! Where'd you get yours?...Great Boots for comfort...Cheers, Unc

These are different than last pair I ordered. Very comfortable, but no arch and toe cover had to be reglued back together after 3 days wear. These lace much easier than last pair.

They are comfortable enough to keep the second pair, but don't think I'll buy two pair at a time, till I try the first for awhile.

Shep

Hello Everyone, Ron they shipped my other pair but my wifes size was sold out. Sure wish I could get out there in AZ but we are still taking care of Mom, She had a bout with pneumonia and was in the hospital for 48 days. She is back home with us now and slowly gaining strength. That generation is tough for sure as she will be 100 yr in July. Still mentaly sharp too. Ya'll keep posting and maybe I can at least get in a short trip or two over in NM this year.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how these hold up? I tried another model on and it was very comfortable so I am

going to assume that these are too. Converse seems to run big on there sizes.

Converse

Rich

Hi, I ordered two pair last night . I ordered the Desert color. Is this the right boot? Thanks in advance Doug