Nugget Shooter Forums

As Christmas Approaches

29 Prospector

We have but 4 days till Christmas and as I sit here wondering what I have left to do, a thought came to mind. After all the hurrying around to get the last minute items for dinner or the last of the gifts, let's not lose track of our big family. We all know what Christmas is about and we each honor it in our own way.

So I would like to take this moment to say to all my family here on the forum: I wish you all a Happy Christmas and safe New Year.

The Old 29 Prospector

Same to you and your family Bob....since Christmas is about giving here´s how I spend my Christmas....

since so many of the farm kids here in Brazil live in absolute poverty....the owner of the ranch where I´ve hunted

for the last 12 years gives a Christmas party for the neighboring ranch kids.....lots of food....games....and presents...

I show up at his ranch early on the morning of the 24th and me and Tony the owner start going to the ranches to

get the kids in our pickups since nearly all of the parents don´t have a car of any kind...my wife and the other grand=

mother of my grand-son organizes the games for the 50 or so kids and help pass out the food....Tony usually milks

about 16 cows every morning for his income but two years ago some kind of disease wiped out the herd...also his

neighbors cows.....so I´ve been helping with the expenses for the presents and food...just so happened this year

that my two gringo amigos from the states also made a great cash contribution....a big thanks to Ken \snowflake....and

Steve/ El Dorado.....I´ll be leaving here on the 23rd for the 600 mile drive so I´ll be there for the party.....when you

see the faces of those little kids with the only present they´ll receive it really gets to a fellow....

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.....

G'Day Everyone

I need to chime in here as the days are ticking... Kat and I have had the pleasure of meeting several members of this forum personally and have never been disappointed with the character of each one. Then there's several that we haven't met, but have the pleasure of corresponding to on this forum and someday we both hope we get to meet you all.

It's been a crazy year, there's been fun, sadness, seriousness and the odd debate, but I couldn't ask for a better family. You have all been great and I want to wish you all a very, very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and please be safe out there.

One last thing, I want to thank Bill Southern, this year for him has been a little tough, but he has forged on and kept this campfire going so that all of us could warm our toes, have a coffee and throw back a couple of frosties and gather around and BS. So Bill, a BIG WELL DONE MATE.

Cheers

Johnno and Kat

Same to you and your family Bob....since Christmas is about giving here´s how I spend my Christmas....

since so many of the farm kids here in Brazil live in absolute poverty....the owner of the ranch where I´ve hunted

for the last 12 years gives a Christmas party for the neighboring ranch kids.....lots of food....games....and presents...

I show up at his ranch early on the morning of the 24th and me and Tony the owner start going to the ranches to

get the kids in our pickups since nearly all of the parents don´t have a car of any kind...my wife and the other grand=

mother of my grand-son organizes the games for the 50 or so kids and help pass out the food....Tony usually milks

about 16 cows every morning for his income but two years ago some kind of disease wiped out the herd...also his

neighbors cows.....so I´ve been helping with the expenses for the presents and food...just so happened this year

that my two gringo amigos from the states also made a great cash contribution....a big thanks to Ken \snowflake....and

Steve/ El Dorado.....I´ll be leaving here on the 23rd for the 600 mile drive so I´ll be there for the party.....when you

see the faces of those little kids with the only present they´ll receive it really gets to a fellow....

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.....

G'Day Don

I knew there was a reason why I liked you. E-Nuff Said.

Cheers

Johnno

You know, 3 months ago I didnt know if I was going to see another Christmas. But I am getting healthier everyday. I am most happy to talk with, argue with and learn from all of you. Most of you have probably realized this already, but for those of you that havent, try to live each day like its your last. Enjoy the small things right along with the big ones. Kiss your wife (if you have one) before you leave and when you get home, everyday! :woohoo:

Above all, dont let the crap we all face everyday, get to you. Yeah it might piss you off for a minute, but dont harbor it. Shrug and say "whatever". If you know your right, then your right. :whoopie:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. I look forward to enjoying the banter and learning more from you all.

Merry Xmas to all and may everyone be blessed with good health and golden finds in the New Year.

( and please..please powers that be, may I lose my nugget virginity...)

HH - Johnny

:bowdown:

darn....I forgot to add that...me too me too!!!

Sonny & Johnny,

I wish for both of you to experience the joy of the first one. In my introduction to one of my stories I wrote the following: “If you’ve never seen gold come out of the ground in its natural state, than you have yet to experience the joy, the speechlessness and thrill of finding your first Nugget”.

Not only speechless, but probably a few tears of joy also.

Merry Christmas to all and too all a safe new year.

OL'29er

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.....

Here is Tony and Don where the kids Christmas party will happen

IMG_3969.jpg