Nugget Shooter Forums

HEY AL C

frank c

I'm goin in for surgery on both knees the 23rd. My ins runs out the 1st Jan.

I've been hurtin out in the field for the past year. It ain't just kneelin down its all the time.

I know I would have found some better gold the latter part of this year if I was'nt hurtin as much.

Any way this spring I'll be kickin azz for gold an space rocks I hope. Kinda sucks bein laid up for Christmas but its better than goin on like this.

I'm goin in for surgery on both knees the 23rd. My ins runs out the 1st Jan.

I've been hurtin out in the field for the past year. It ain't just kneelin down its all the time.

I know I would have found some better gold the latter part of this year if I was'nt hurtin as much.

Any way this spring I'll be kickin azz for gold an space rocks I hope. Kinda sucks bein laid up for Christmas but its better than goin on like this.

Frank,

Best of luck on the recovery. It is a long painful road to recovery, but you absolutely must get as much flex back as soon as possible! I have had my left kneee done once and my right knee done twice. Don't be a he man and try to avoid the pain pills, they will be your friend and listen to the DR and therapist to a tee!

I feel for ya getting both done at the same time. But once healed and strong modern bionic knees are great!

Frank,

Listen to ElDorado. I had both of my knees done 03. Rehab, Rehab, and Rehab some more. You will be glad that you had it done. Remember, the pain pills when used the right way are truly your friend. You will need them for a week or two or three.

Ol'29er

Good luck on the knees It seems to be different for everyone. :confused0013: I had #1 doctor in US work on mine the first time got 2 yrs out of one and one year off the left knee,Know they want me to do titanium in both :Huh_anim]: .The pain is non stop { boy you can feel the storms come in}and has made me a stay at home kind of guy :grrr01: , Also a bit grouchy :innocent0009: .They say 10 years out of a total replacement. :outtahere: Guess i need to wait 5 more yrs :WOW: ,Well that is what a good doctor told me :twocents: .Good luck with yours and keep up the slow stretching. :innocent0002: Only goes as far as the pain will let you on the Physical toture PT

POsmiley01.gif.Do not let them push you to there agenda it is all numbers for them :grrr01: .On my avitar that is 2nd month out in the field after surgery :woohoo: ,Still wrapped up.Old Flack thought i was nuts, :laught16:

Good luck on the surgery Frank and get back out there. I'm sure the first few days will be ugly but it will get better real soon. You picked a good time to do it, hell who wants to dig in the snow. By spring you'll be running around like a kid.

Good diggin' to you.

AL. C

Frank C,

My wife has had both knees, one ankle done, latest knee in June. Now her back is gone. They will put you in a machine called a passive motion machine that will work your knee back and forth as far and as long as you can stand. It is very important to get as many hours in it as you can so the muscles do not get stiff.

Titanium is supposed to last 15 years with the new ones they are using, longer if you are careful and do not abuse your new knee by kneeling on it or squating or of course falling and twisting it, kneeling and squating takes months or years away from your continued use of it.

Gook Luck

The knees they installed on me are made out of zirconium. Special sports knees that athletes get. Not that I am one, but my docs though since they knew I would be rough on them, that is what I should have. They say it polishes much better than stainless or titanium therefor will not wear the nylon nearly as fast. The told me that even with moderate to hard use, I should get 15 years out of these. Good enough for me. Best of luck. Morphine will be your good friend for a week or so

Hello Frank...I wish you Luck on your knee surgeries...It's not fun but it sure does take the pain away!..I had my left one done in 2001...after 30+years of bone against bone and three prior operations it took me out of 90% of my pain...it works better now than the other one does....Old Age and War is Hell!!...Just a Note that helped me alot on getting my Flex back to normal before the scar tissue forms was to get on a stationary bicycle and adjust the seat height to where you'll be alil shy of the Up-Side Peddle and force the knee to flex (as much as possible) with the other side on the Down-Peddle...When the degree of Flex gets comfortible with that seat adjustment drop the seat level down a notch and go for more Flex...I know it hurts..but I made great gains with this method...When my therapist started hurting me I wanted to swing down on him :tisc-tisc: He actually left the room...Merry Christmas to you and yours Frank and Get well soon...See ya again on the Gold Fields.........jerry

Ps..Sorry about the 52 Emails?....I only sent it once...you were not the only one to get 52 emails