Nugget Shooter Forums

new guy

hag

ok ok ok , if it is electronic, i can instantly throw it into complete disaray. but, i have paid close attention silently to my superiors in an effort to glean knowledge on metal detecting. bill s. has been very helpful, and i go out and stumble around in the desert, which i love, good thing i do, very tranquil for me. heres the pitch, i have found one nugget and one meteorite, little over a year lookin. i have dug 2-3 foot holes in response to a signal, and following the dictum of dig all signals, have found a variety of bullets bottle caps nails etc ad nauseum, i do not want to assume anything, but i am thinkin that my settings must be close to right to find the small pieces of lead etc at depth. any comments on the last part would be welcome. i am thinkin that if the 4500 goes over gold, i am gonna find it, duhhh, with the settings i generally use. the validity of my settings is the issue. oh yeah shallower targets register also. thats enough, thanx hag

My Friend, I am doing the same things you are doing and already you are 1 nugget ahead of me. But I go out anyway and look. Its all about persevering and I have to believe that I will eventually start find the gold. As I live in the AZ crack of the gold country, the gold that is already found in my area, doesnt amount to a fly speck comapred to where these guys are living and finding it. What does that tell me?

It tells me exactly what these pro's have been saying. If you want to find gold....go to where it has already been found.

I used up all my sick days and vacation days during my heart attack this year.....but a new year is coming baby!

In the mean time I think I have my detector set correctly as I too am finding all kinds of things. Everything but the elusive nugget. But I keep diggin' :grrr01:

Be happy, Hag. Don't worry. The nuggies will come. Meanwhile, it's just another day in paradise. Not at all unusual to find 50 - 60 bullets, lead shards or other desert detritus in a day's work. Hang in there! One day glory will come when you hit a patch and pack out with a dozen or more in your poke. A positive attitude is a must!!

thanx to all who reply and others who have shared thier hard won experience. am making efforts to get on territory where gold has been consistently found over period of time, love the dessert, and that helps to keep on truckin.

Hag it sounds like you are on the right track.Listen to Mr Southern He knows his detectors and does not push the extras on any one,One thing i do when teaching in the field is upon finding a good target { Oh the sweet sound of gold}.I like to get everyone to swing over it and hear it.Many times they will say they can not hear it.I say listen to the slight bump it repeats it self.Most seem to listen for the hard targets Never realizing what they are missing,Be low Be slow,And listen for the slightest sound upon those simple rules gold will be found.