Nugget Shooter Forums

Holbrook Trip

Hi all,

Del called me last night and told me that he's heading out here to hunt Holbrook over the xmas holiday. I told him that I'd school him on the ins and outs of rabbit turd hunting and decided that others may wanna join us... Not exactly sure when we're gonna be there but if anyone wants to join us for a day or two PM me it might be fun.

I'll make sure that anyone who joins us won't leave without a meteorite... It may be micro but it'll be a piece of a Holbrook chondrite!

P.S. We're also probably gonna tour Meteor Crater

Hi Ruben,

I'd be very interested but not sure of the time... I was planing on going up that way after the first depending if it snowed or not. :icon_mrgreen:

I just returned from driving back to Georgia. I stopped along the way at the Odessa Crater, TCU (O. Monnig Collection) and had a great time chatting with Dr. Art Ehlmann. While in Georgia I stopped over at Dave Gheesling home and visited, he showed me his Collection, very nice.

I wish you and your's a wonderful Christmas Holliday. jim "bones" :coffeetime:

Hey Ruben, I'll figure out the exact dates in the next day or two. I've just got so much crap to do before I take off it's a little overwhelming... looks like the Metallica concerts might have to wait until they make their trip around the world and end it here in Cali like they always do. I'll talk to you tonight.

Del

Aloha guys,

Have a safe and fruitful trip everyone. Wish I could join you but this year I am spending the holidays with family. Seems as one gets older these special times mean a little more to me.

Be safe and have fun.

Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka and a Hauoli Makahiki Hou!

Stan aka Kaimi

Thanks Stan,

You are right, I've received a lot of emails and calls but not too many can break away on those dates. It was a very spur-of-the-moment thing that Del and I were gonna do. We thought it would be a nice gesture to tell everyone just incase others wanted to join. Anyone can come and learn the ways of a meteorite hunter if they wish. I'm sure we'll find a few, but can almost certainly guarantee they will be very small!

Aloha,

To Del and Rueben and whoever is brave enough to brave the elements out there. Weather reports a record breaking cold blast coming from the north so bundle up and good luck out there.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Nate,

I'd be fun to see you there! So far there should be a few of us dumb enough to brave the cold on the 27-28. A few guys are bringing their kids since they know my little-meteor-rock-hounds will be there! Here's my number in case anyone else needs info or wants to come... 602 423-3570

Hi all, I wanted to go to Holbrook this weekend but I'm having a hard time shaking a sore throat and congested head. I just keep blowing my nose over and over. I just don't know were all that "beluga" comes from. :coffeetime: I could fill a 55 gal drum with it all. :angry-smiley-010:

I wish you all a great trip but please save some pieces out there for me.

Merry Christmas to all and a very safe new years..... hug's, jimbo "bones" :outtahere:

hi guys i been looking at the forcast and it says snow showers for like 2 days don't know how long snow stays on the ground there but if its fora week or so we wont be able to hunt just a id let me know if you know more about there area.

Hi Ruben and All, after talking to Ruben the weather doesn't sound to bad so far. I guess it's not the horrific forecast that's being projected on the weather websites.

I'm outta here, I'm gonna leave from Cali in a few hours head to Kingman stay the night. Ruben, I'll talk to you sometime today.

Del