Nugget Shooter Forums

More "new" gun laws............

wyldkatt7

This may have you think over some things, if you rent in Los Angeles...

L.A. panel backs tough rules on guns

By Rick Orlov, Staff Writer

Updated: 12/08/2008 09:33:57 PM PST

A City Council committee recommended a comprehensive set of proposals designed to toughen penalties and impose new restrictions on guns and ammunition Monday.

Final action on the package is expected from the full council this week and is expected to be part of the debate in the upcoming race for city attorney.

"This is a package that covers everything from soup to nuts," said Councilman Jack Weiss, Public Safety Committee chairman, who developed the package with Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and other council members.

Among the proposals are giving landlords the power to evict tenants who illegally possess firearms; banning the sale of .50-caliber ammunition and cartridges; registering ammunition vendors; seizing vehicles used by gang members in crimes; requiring that ammunition sales be done in person and that records be kept on sales; and requiring gun dealers to maintain inventories of weapons.

Weiss, who is running for city attorney in the March 3 election against four opponents, has planned to use the package as part of his campaign and to point out differences with one of his opponents, Carmen Trutanich.

Trutanich, a private attorney, has represented the National Rifle Association and has said he believes enforcement of current gun laws is all that is needed.

rick.orlov@dailynews.com 213-978-0390

http://www.dailynews.com/

Just HOW WILL my landlord know????.......makes ya go hmmmmm!!

Thats ok, I don't mind getting rid of the people who illegally own firearms anyway. A lot of those types of laws are usually aimed at the gang members which is a good thing. I only have a problem if it affects the good law abiding citizens who legally own them.

I know my landlord won't be going through my stuff (he's a nice guy) because if he did, he and the apartment owner would get their asses sued off.

Just my :twocents: