Nugget Shooter Forums

Gun Control?

garimpo

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,

but because of those who look on and do nothing.

It does not matter if you own a gun or not. This applies to YOU !!

A Little Gun History Lesson

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

---------------------------

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 193920to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

----------------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million ' educated ' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australiataxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that whilethe law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess the ir guns!

It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns.. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won ' t see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this inform ation.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it ' s too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of this history lesson.

With Guns...........We Are 'Citizens'.

Without Them........We Are 'Subjects'.

During W.W.II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED !

Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the atta ck on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard U 1919-1921 & was Naval Attaché to the U. S. 1925-28. Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had been deprived of funding & was ill prepared to defend the country.

It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U . S. Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in the U . S. & knew that almost all=2 0households had guns.

If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all your friends!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is one of the best I have seen on gun control. History tells us over and over again, that the weak will be taken advantage of. During the modern era of the good old US, the policy has been walk softly and care not a big stick but the biggest stick.

This works! It is probably the only thing that works. Which is why others can only bring terrorism down upon us as a working tactic. Everyone knows, you mess with the US, you will lose.

Thanks Garimpo, your on it with this post.

G'Day Don

Well that seems to make me a criminal because I still have mine :laught16::laught16:

Some more stats

Doctors vs. Gun owners

Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians

per year are 120,000.

© Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is

(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths

per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

© The number of accidental deaths

per gun owner is 0.000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately

9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT

ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on

lawyers

for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

Cheers

Johnno

It always seems to amaze me, they try to have gun control for who?? :confused0013:

law abiding citizens protecting themselves or their valuables

Criminals will always get guns no matter what

The answere is easy...be a criminal.............. KEEP YOUR GUNS. If they ever make laws that require you to turn them in just don't! The legal system can in no way deal with 80,000,000 cases! There is strength in numbers.

Believe me when I say my guns will stay with me ... in my possession! No bravado or death wish here ... just know that I will always be armed because I can!

Mike F

2nd Amendment folks. Even though I'm a transplant...I agree whole heartedly that we need to retain our arms and the right to bear them.

Australia got sold up the creek and lost their rights bigtime. Then, that stupidity lurked it's way south to New Zealand, and Kiwi's ( New Zealanders are referred to as Kiwi's after the National Bird - not a fruit ) suffered also. Recently there was a major stink down there, as one gun dealer surrepticously sold his guns to gangs while telling the police he was robbed. Out of 150 automatics / semi's they have recovered 6<<<< each which has been used in a crime resulting in death.

Having lived in L.A and seen death and how gang members are better armed than the LAPD, one seriously has to question gun "laws". Seems to be there is a law for the criminals "Thou may keepeth thy stolen handgun, and use it to commit felonies" and a "law" for the average citizen "Thou shalt go to hell and right quicketh if we catch your measly a** with anything"......

I dunno...is it just me or is this bent like a dogs back leg?

HH - Johnny

Aloha,

I seem to remember getting all this info once before several years ago BUT thanks for the reminder.

My form of gun control is using both hands and making sure I hit the correct spot on my "target". :laught16:

Aloha and defiitely be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey All..........

Make sure you got ammo before you go worrying about some of this other stuff....

Once they pass this.........they'll know what caliber you have, how many, and your location...easier to round-up that way...

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?in...lls/hb2833p.htm

~wyld~

oh yeah, HAPPY HOLIDAYS YA'LL...............

P.S.-----here are the other 17 states where this ridiculous legislation is pending also:

* Alabama * Arizona * California * Connecticut * Hawaii * Illinois * Indiana * Kentucky * Maryland * Mississippi * Missouri * New Jersey * New York * Pennsylvania * Rhode Island * South Carolina * Tennessee * Washington

These are the monkeys that started this ball rolling over us.............

http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/

Maybe get a COPY of the Constitution.......cause unfortunately it looks like it's starting to disappear...

Aloha Johnno,

Is this the beginning of "The Planet of the Apes"? Your "friend" is a little young but in the coming years who knows.

Nice one! :laught16:

aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

And a lefty at that! I didn't think the left wanted to have guns! He seems to be enjoying himself! :innocent0009:

Sorry I couldn't resist! ... a little political humor before I've had enough :coffeetime: :coffeetime: !

Mike

This is from the NRA:

**** Alert *** Alert *** Alert ****

Dear Fellow NRA Member,

Because Barack Obama's campaign promise

not to take away our guns is a lie.

He's not even in office, yet he's fired the opening salvos in a war against the future of the Second Amendment, our hunting and shooting traditions, and YOU.

Obama's FIRST attack on YOU: Appointing Illinois Congressman Rahm Emanuel to be White House Chief of Staff. In Congress, Emanuel earned an "F" rating from NRA, and while working in the Clinton Administration, he was known as the "point man on gun control." He is an avowed enemy of the Second Amendment and will wield enormous power in the battle for the future of our firearm freedoms.

Obama's SECOND attack on YOU: If Hillary Clinton is confirmed as Secretary of State, she'll rip the Second Amendment right out of the Bill of Rights. She'll be our nation's top diplomat with the power to determine whether the United Nations will pass, and Obama will sign, a global gun ban treaty that will surrender our Second Amendment rights and our national sovereignty.

Obama's THIRD attack on YOU: Nominating ex-Senator and former Majority Leader Tom Daschle-an avowed enemy of NRA-to be Secretary of Health and Human Services. NRA was responsible for defeating Daschle when he ran in South Dakota for re-election to the Senate. If Daschle is confirmed, he could hold the ultimate power to declare guns a "public health menace" and regulate away our essential liberties.

Obama's FOURTH attack on YOU: Nominating Eric Holder to be Attorney General. As former Assistant Attorney General, Holder was a key architect and vocal advocate for the Clinton era's sweeping gun ban agenda. He supported national handgun licensing, mandatory trigger locks, and ending gun shows as we know them.

Just recently, Holder opposed the District of Columbia's Heller decision that declared the Second Amendment an individual right. Holder also called for reviving the Clinton gun bans and, as Attorney General, would fight in court to prevent the landmark Heller decision from being made applicable to state and local governments. Worst of all, if Holder is confirmed as the nation's top law-enforcement officer, he would control BATFE and wield enormous power to harass gun owners and sue America's arms makers out of existence.

Obama's FIFTH attack on YOU: In the job application for the Obama Administration, he made it clear that gun owners are second-class citizens and told 80 million gun owners not to even bother applying for a job.

In the "White House Personnel Data Questionnaire" he asked:

"Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed?

Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

This chilling notice to gun owners-that they are not welcome to serve in his Administration-shows the deep hostility for Americans' Second Amendment Freedoms that Obama and his Administration have in their hearts. On its face, that question endorses gun registration-a mandate in only five states in our nation-and buys into the anti-gun premise that firearms are inherently dangerous and gun owners are prone to misusing them.

That's an outrageous mindset, especially for the President-elect whose sworn duty will be to uphold the U.S. Constitution, including our right to keep and bear arms.

Obama CLEARLY wants to make gun registration the law of the land.

First for employees under his control...AND THEN FOR YOU.

Working with a Congress dominated by gun haters like Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, John Conyers, Henry Waxman, and Charles Schumer!!!

Rubbing salt in gun owner wounds is the Brady Campaign, which just issued a completely bogus poll claiming that two-thirds of the Americans-including 60% of all gun owners-favor gun registration, licensing of firearm owners, and other sweeping restrictions on our firearm freedoms!

Add it all up and you have the potential for a Second Amendment disaster that's unlike any other NRA members have ever battled.

That's why we need the strongest possible commitment from EVERY NRA member, starting today. That's why I'm hoping you'll validate your new NRA membership card the moment you receive it.

Because our greatest strength is you.

Only by working with you can NRA hold the line against these threats from every quarter. We are the one force that has the strength to keep Americans free and our rights intact for future generations. With you at our side, we will fight and we will prevail against all odds.

Thank you for your loyalty to NRA and the cause of Freedom.

A LADY Educates U.S. Senators On The 2nd Amendment

Even if you usually don't watch video clips, be sure to PLAY this one!

Watch their faces as she speaks. She understands the 2nd Amendment in a way that they never will.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...p;p%20r=goog-sl

Archived