Nugget Shooter Forums

Canadian Fireball / Hunt pictures

Hi All,

Here are a couple of pictures from Canada . After hearing all the news about the Canadian fireball and reports about some material being found I decided to check it out. McCartney Taylor and I spent one week looking for pieces. This was a big change form hunting in the Southwest . All of the land is private with no public lands. We did find a few land owners that gave us permission to hunt. The temperature was around - 22 C . I will post more picture of the finds next coupe of days.

P.S. Thanks Jason for the cold weather gear! :bowdown:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20227815@N06/...57610818541399/

Sonny

www.nevadameteorites.com

Sonny-

Been reading about the fall. Looks like a rather large one. Any idea how long it will take before they can be legally imported into the USA and how much they will cost per gram?

Steve

Hi Steve,

We have been told 6 months to a year or longer. With the proper paper work up to $ 40-50 per gram. It also depends on how much is found.

Sonny

G'Day Sonny

Thanks for that post. It will be interesting at what name they give this meteorite and also the classification. I would like to crack a joke about it, but it seems like the jokes I am cracking are getting me into trouble, so I will refrain from being jovial. But you guys went through a hell of alot to obtain what you did. I don't know when it will be classified, let alone when it will be given permission through Canadian laws to be exported. But if it does, let me know because I'd be interested in acquiring a small portion, if the price is right. You guys did an outstanding job and I commend you for it.

Cheers

Johnno

P.S. Ruben, great to see you posting again. I was starting to get worried that you were either lost or found something that you wanted to keep secret. Good to see you back. I really enjoy your comments and videos.

Thanks Johnno!

For the nice comments!

I do agree with you that Sonny did a great job finding pieces of that meteorite! I'm worried that not enough credit was given for such an outstanding effort from such an under rated meteorite hunter! He's quitely been one of the best for years and doesn't seem to get the recognition he deserves.

Yo, All...That's an awesome find, and I agree he should received all the cudos and then some...But why is he using such a wimpy internet site to display his awesome sucesses????????? Maybe you guys who know him and can help, suggest a better way to show the world this amazing find? Anyhow just my :twocents: Cheers, Unc

Hey Ruben, thanks for the compliment. I hope to have more pictures and information at a later date. Hey Uncle Ron, thanks for the reply. I really do need to upgrade my webpage but right now I am having too much fun hunting meteorites to bother with it.

Thanks,

Sonny

Hey Sonny, that looks like cold and windy work...from Nevada clear to ? Canada I hope it pays for you...aside from the thrill of the search, of course.

By the way, I assume you are the same Sonny that wrote the cool article in the Meteorite magazine...search and find stories are my favorites!!!

Thanks

fred

Hey Sonny, that looks like cold and windy work...from Nevada clear to ? Canada I hope it pays for you...aside from the thrill of the search, of course.

By the way, I assume you are the same Sonny that wrote the cool article in the Meteorite magazine...search and find stories are my favorites!!!

Thanks

fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks, glad you liked the story. I have the video from Chicago Valley that shows the area and find location. I hope to have the video up soon.

Thanks,

Sonny