Nugget Shooter Forums

2 Bodies Found In Wash

Dakota Slim

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Authorities say a hiker has found the bodies of two men in a wash west of Tucson.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department says the bodies showed obvious signs of trauma.

The department's homicide unit is investigating and further details were not immediately released.

Authorities say the hiker called 911 Saturday morning and said two bodies were lying in a wash in Paseo Feliz Park, which is in the Tucson Mountains.

We deal with this all the time down here. Last Year in Rio Rico where I live they popped a semi with a few million in coke.

Guest bedrock bob
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Authorities say a hiker has found the bodies of two men in a wash west of Tucson.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department says the bodies showed obvious signs of trauma.

The department's homicide unit is investigating and further details were not immediately released.

Authorities say the hiker called 911 Saturday morning and said two bodies were lying in a wash in Paseo Feliz Park, which is in the Tucson Mountains.

They found 14 teenagers late last week on the border here. Over the weekend 28 more people were murdered in Juarez... 1,400 since Jan 1, 2008. More died in Juarez this year than U.S. soldiers in Iraq. This has been going on for a long time, but NEVER this much. Many of the stories never get out. Most officials on both sides of the border are on the cartel's payroll. Additionally, there is a mass grave in Juarez with thousands of bodies that no one knows the story. One by one they are digging them up and trying to find out who they are. If the truth be known there have been several thousand souls lost within 10 miles of the U.S. border in the last couple years.

Severall small border towns have no law, and are completely controlled by the cartel. On this side the law still exists, but they are paid well and only serve to keep things out of the media. We have already lost this war fellows. It happened long before New Mexico declared it a disaster and put the National Guard with tanks on the border three years ago.

In the evening along the border the sunset is red. Caused by the dust from the illegals, the border patrol, and the "Vandidos" that wait for an opportunity. It is a freaking circus.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_11167722

A little clip from my hometown nespaper for your reading enjoyment.

My father told me this, "Whne you are on the border the polite talking distance is determined by the rifle. In the days of the 30/30 it was about 100 yards. With the advent of the 30-'06 it went out to about 400. Now with the advent of the 7mm Mag you best just talk on the phone." Good advice from a fellow who took his share of scrap lead.

Keep your head low and your powder dry boys.

Bedrock Bob

Bedrock Bob, Yes...one cannot take propecting in the desert for granted. Coming from L.A ( after moving from New Zealand ) where I had to pull my .45 on a gentleman in our compound, my wife and I realized you cannot be too careful enough.

Now that we spend every weekend in the desert, whether that be hiking, looking for agate or gold ( golds kinda on hold until we can get some pulse detectors... and its too wet to drag the dry washer out ) we both carry full-auto AK47's as well as handguns.

Hopefully, we will appear as not too tasty a meal to anyone with ill intent that may come upon us, and hopefully no-one will try anything stupid.

My wife and I have no worries about opening up on any threat, so I know my backs safe and vice versa. This is after all, the land of spree / serial / drug /opportunistic killers.

Personally, I think all prospectors should carry some sort of weapon, even if its only pepper spray. I mean, imagine 2-3 older gents, with expensive pulse detectors and a nice SUV or any vehicle for that matter, being approached by desperate men who may only have one handgun amongst them, yet they are the only ones armed in this scenario. It could all start because they want just your water, but could escalate to..."Hey, they have a better car than ours..." and before one knows it, theres either a long hot walk, or death?

A gun to me is like a condom.

I'd rather have one, and not use it...than need it, and not have one.

Stay safe everyone and happy hunting.

HH - Johnny

Guest bedrock bob
Bedrock Bob, Yes...one cannot take propecting in the desert for granted. Coming from L.A ( after moving from New Zealand ) where I had to pull my .45 on a gentleman in our compound, my wife and I realized you cannot be too careful enough.

Now that we spend every weekend in the desert, whether that be hiking, looking for agate or gold ( golds kinda on hold until we can get some pulse detectors... and its too wet to drag the dry washer out ) we both carry full-auto AK47's as well as handguns.

Hopefully, we will appear as not too tasty a meal to anyone with ill intent that may come upon us, and hopefully no-one will try anything stupid.

My wife and I have no worries about opening up on any threat, so I know my backs safe and vice versa. This is after all, the land of spree / serial / drug /opportunistic killers.

Personally, I think all prospectors should carry some sort of weapon, even if its only pepper spray. I mean, imagine 2-3 older gents, with expensive pulse detectors and a nice SUV or any vehicle for that matter, being approached by desperate men who may only have one handgun amongst them, yet they are the only ones armed in this scenario. It could all start because they want just your water, but could escalate to..."Hey, they have a better car than ours..." and before one knows it, theres either a long hot walk, or death?

A gun to me is like a condom.

I'd rather have one, and not use it...than need it, and not have one.

Stay safe everyone and happy hunting.

HH - Johnny

The average wetback is no threat. Coyotes (human smugglers) aren't either unless you are in their way. Sadly enough the threat is the HUGE shipments of drugs, and no matter what you are packin you will be outgunned. There is rarely a confrontation...Just a couple of shots and then silence. These guys arent gunslingers or thieves. They are murderers plain and simple and if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time you will never get a chance to realize the need for that AK-47 until it is too late. Not even Al Queda is as financed as these fellows, and they have the same training as our BEST troops. I stopped bullshitting myself about how tough I was a long time ago. No matter how big your gun is you will get it in the back when you least expect it. Preferrably while you are taking a crap. This is their game and they are very good at it.

Then there are the "Vandidos"... Independants, free agents with rifles from both sides of the border that wait for the chance to kill a couple of mules or money men and take the goods. Most die trying to cash in the drugs or spend the money, and all of them are desperate to some extent. Excellent with a rifle, experienced in the desert, know everyone around, well trained and as dangerous as hell.

Beyond about 50 miles from the border there is no threat for the common man. Only those "in the business" and the innocent bystanders that catch a stray projectile. Not a bad idea to carry a gun anywhere, although I have found it does no good to overarm. I would not carry an AK-47 in my neck of the woods for fear someone would mistake me for a player and give me a craniotomy with a 50 cal at a half mile out, or lay in wait for a chance to steal it from me while I was unaware. Most people who live along the border in the back country dont bluff too easy and are not impressed with firepower. They see the best munitions in the hands of the worst kind on a daily basis. Most well armed folks wind up getting a sharp stick in their neck anyway. The last thing you will get is a fair fight, or even a chance to point your weapon.

If they want you, you are dead. If they dont, you will rarely ever know anyone is out there. The good news is that they dont want trouble. Unless they are going to make some good money (lots and lots of it) or do a job for their boss the last thing they want is a fight.

I have found that my weapon gives me a false sense of security. I sure like that feeling and I do carry one religiously, but as time goes by I have to admit that it is more for my piece of mind than for self defense. It is great for the average thug in the city, or a confrontation with a drunk bugger, but the best defense along the border is a good bit of acreage between you and the threat, and a clear retreat route.

Pack the barrel of that AK-47 with rock cocaine and leave it behind as you are running. With any luck they will stop and have a little snort and it will give you time to run to the nearest Sheriff, who will delay you long enough for them to come and kill you in the jail house. Dont pout, it is just business.

Que lastima

Bedrock Bob

Hahahahaha......well put mate. Firefights Im used to, but like you say, one would never hear the sound of the Dragunov .762 or 5.56 round coming down range that kills one. You're right though. It's more the peace of mind, I mean...we don't spend every second in the desert scanning hills and buildings for threats out here. Not condusive to finding anything...

Still...nothing wrong with a little paranoia...*LOL*...habit me thinks. Thanks for the redress. :0)

Oh by the way Bob, brilliant piece on the Quartz and Chalcedony and where gold resides. I've actually been looking for something as descriptive as that for ages. My wife and I have come across the barren quartz and then quartz with different metals running side by side and been totally clueless on whats what and what goes where. As we cannot use our Minelab EXII's due to the heavy mineraliztion, we have decided to just wander along and take note of quartz veins and try to ascertain what the minerals are that buddy up them. Nice learning curve for us.

In retrospect now, I think back to veins in Cali near old workings that we found, and the red "chile" powder flecks we noticed through them etc. So great wite up mate!

HH - Johnny