Nugget Shooter Forums

Southern Az.gold

MT-AZ-HP

Howdy All Last Saturday I was playing in the dirt south of Arivaca and I found a couple nuggetts for a total of 3.8 gms. On sunday I followed John B's pointy finger to a place north of Arivaca. Maureen, Estile Hunt and I hunted the area for about four hrs and I found two more small pieces of yeller metal for a total of 5.4 gms for the two days. Thanks John for the pointy finger and getting me the map of the area.I drove right to the gold and it only took Me 15 min. to find the first nugget. the gold in that area had a rusty coating on them but i can clean them up with Wink.

Harry

post-885-1228341989_thumb.jpg

Nice gold as always Harry, I bet that made the trip well worth it.

I've got my vacation coming up (Dec. 19-Jan. 4) and I'll be out in AZ, any chance we could meet up somewhere? I'll definately be hitting Gold Basin, Franconia and Holbrook to hunt for space rocks. However I'm not sure where I want to go after that. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Del

Hi Harry,

I was hunting with you on Sat. down on the ol' border and made you the map.

I am really impressed by your hunting skills. You certainly have my admiration. :bowdown:

Nice going and congratualtion. :whoopie: Hope we can hunt together again some day.

Boorx4

Great looking gold Harry.

I spend a lot of time down in Arivaca running a recirculating sluice and do okay but I never find anything that big. Maybe I better get John to use that pointy finger my way. Once again, great gold and happy huntin'.

Aloha Harry,

Nice coppery looking gold you got there. that one piece with the quartz should make a nice pendant.

Aloha and keep em coming.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Harry,

I was hunting with you on Sat. down on the ol' border and made you the map.

I am really impressed by your hunting skills. You certainly have my admiration. :bowdown:

Nice going and congratualtion. :whoopie: Hope we can hunt together again some day.

Boorx4

Boorx4, Thanks again for the map. it was easy to find the area from the directions on the map. There is a old road across country from Arivaca that will take you to the same spot. Estile checked it out on his ATV yesterday.Only 5 mi. from Arivaca.I'll be back down in the Arivaca area in a week.Maybe we can get together again soon.

Harry

I've got my vacation coming up (Dec. 19-Jan. 4) and I'll be out in AZ, any chance we could meet up somewhere? I'll definately be hitting Gold Basin, Franconia and Holbrook to hunt for space rocks. However I'm not sure where I want to go after that. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Del

Del,I'll be in the Arivaca area most of the month of Dec. but will let you know when I return to the Dolan Springs area.

Harry

Del

Del,I'll be in the Arivaca area most of the month of Dec. but will let you know when I return to the Dolan Springs area.

Harry

Aloha Harry,

Nice coppery looking gold you got there. that one piece with the quartz should make a nice pendant.

Aloha and keep em coming.

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan,The copper look came from the red soil where the gold was found. Most of it come off with soap and water. the one with quartz in it really cleaned up nice. still some reddish tint left in it. will leave it that way.

Harry

G'Day Harry

How's it going mate? darn, there's no stopping you :Huh_anim]: I remember our first meeting at AZO when you stopped to talk and of course, brag about what you found ;) Yeah, you definitely had bragging rights Those images still stay with Kat and I. Really nice yella, keep up the great work. The big one's just around the corner.

Cheers

Johnno

Harry

Hi Harry, I sent you a PM with my cell phone number, give me a call anytime.

Del

I anyone see's a yellow very old chevy truck in the Arivaca area this weekend, please stop and say Hi........As I live in Rio Rico, Arivaca is sorta my backyard. I strapped on my Gold Bug this morning and I am off to break the membrane..........So stop by and see how an inexperienced tree hugger tries to duplicate Harry's efforts!

Great Job on the Gold Harry. :icon_mrgreen:

Howdy,I'm going to be in the arivaca area for a few days . I might spend a couple days at the wspa claim this weekend. if I see your old yellow truck I'll stop and say hi.maybe we can detect together.

Harry

Hi Harry, I sent you a PM with my cell phone number, give me a call anytime.

Del

Del,Iguess i dont know how to retrieve the PM that you sent Me. call me at 406-471-0268

Harry

Hey MT-AZ-HP are you still around in Southern AZ? I was thinking about heading up around Greaterville way, but I am unfamiliar with the area. Now I will "go where no man has gone before" but I always welcome a partner in crime too. Interested for saturday?

My cell is 719-310-2511

Or anyone else interested in and more familiar with Greaterville than I am............... :icon_mrgreen:

Hey MT-AZ-HP are you still around in Southern AZ? I was thinking about heading up around Greaterville way, but I am unfamiliar with the area. Now I will "go where no man has gone before" but I always welcome a partner in crime too. Interested for saturday?

My cell is 719-310-2511

Or anyone else interested in and more familiar with Greaterville than I am............... :icon_mrgreen:

I may be interesting in heading down that way on Saturday. I have a few parts that I have to replace on my jeep

just not very motivated to work on it after work. The sad thing is it's only about 45 min. worth of work.

Rich

hehe, yea I have gotten that way too. Are you familiar with Greaterville area? Cause I am not. But I have some info on the area as far as what has been found. Thought I would go wandering around the dirt roads and look for a likely spot....which is prolly why I am still a virgin................. :grrr01: