Nugget Shooter Forums

Silver Find @ LSD

Uncle Ron

Yo All...After a week of overeating up in the San Francisco Bay Area I got back home late Sat. night and got out to LSD today to check out what the flooding had done in some of the washes...I was quite amazed at the flushing action of this past week's storms...Lots of new bedrock exposed and in several washes the ground was washed down by 12 to 18 inches...So I beeped up my old Ringtail Cat Patch wash and got a bunch of new targets, all ferrous or lead except for one...Not a nugget, but an unusual button about the size of a dime...When I got it home I cleaned it up and it seems to be a silver button with a ferrous back...Not gold, but cool anyhow...Here it is...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

post-9-1228100024_thumb.jpg

Yo All...After a week of overeating up in the San Francisco Bay Area I got back home late Sat. night and got out to LSD today to check out what the flooding had done in some of the washes...I was quite amazed at the flushing action of this past week's storms...Lots of new bedrock exposed and in several washes the ground was washed down by 12 to 18 inches...So I beeped up my old Ringtail Cat Patch wash and got a bunch of new targets, all ferrous or lead except for one...Not a nugget, but an unusual button about the size of a dime...When I got it home I cleaned it up and it seems to be a silver button with a ferrous back...Not gold, but cool anyhow...Here it is...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

A little different from your normal gold finds Ron but it's still a pretty cool find.

I just got back from the Bay area myself today. I've got three sisters that live up there and the family spent Thanksgiving up there. Did you have any Boudins bread or what (I love the Clam Chowder Bowl!)? How did ya like that fog up there? Had a lot of it heading home today and it's always a pain to deal with if your not used to it.

Congrats on the find!

Del

Yeah, Del, the SF area is always fun..Lived there for about 10 years back in the day.....I got out with Dodacious, my Daughter, Kyleigh and my Granddaughter, Ava, to the Cliff House...What a ball!!! ... Oysters on the half shell, some clam chowder, martini's , crab & avacado omlets, irish coffee's, awesome salids, etc. ... We watched surfers hitting some very big waves and even saw some VERY BIG shark fins cutting the surface as the tide was going out...That was amazing....Anyhow, a great visit with my Daughter and Grand Baby...Cheers, Unc

OK....really showing my "Greenhorn" status hear at this point, but when I punch up LSD in a websearch, I get all kinds of wierd things coming up from my past!....lol...not really. But I have to ask, obviously LSD is a place, but what the heck does LSD stand for? :laught16:

OK hold on.....it takes me a bit ok? Yeah I went to Uncle Ron's sight...Hey very nice picks!....but I also figured it out. Little Santo Domingo.......geeesh, wife is right I am a bit thick.

Hey LizardChaser....I think you're right....I found the Carhartt website and they have a slightly similar logo on their history page...This must be pretty old....late 1800's or early 1900's ... I'd never heard of Carhartt...Thanks for the info...Cheers, Unc

Yeah, Del, the SF area is always fun..Lived there for about 10 years back in the day.....I got out with Dodacious, my Daughter, Kyleigh and my Granddaughter, Ava, to the Cliff House...What a ball!!! ... Oysters on the half shell, some clam chowder, martini's , crab & avacado omlets, irish coffee's, awesome salids, etc. ... We watched surfers hitting some very big waves and even saw some VERY BIG shark fins cutting the surface as the tide was going out...That was amazing....Anyhow, a great visit with my Daughter and Grand Baby...Cheers, Unc

Hi Ron, yeah Frisco is a great to visit but I couldn't live up there because it's literally a "concrete jungle" and a little to crowded for me. Funny thing is, the people up there are completely opposite of the people down here in So Cal. One of my sisters lives at the end of Judah right across the street from Ocean Beach (good coin beeping there if you can get away with it! Just watch out for hypodermic needles... yeck!).

The surfers up there have to have big balls and nerves of steel to surf in that water! Not only is the water extremely cold, right outside the bay is the most heavily infested shark waters in California. I'm not talking small Sand Sharks or anything like that, I'm talking about the BIG BOY Jaws type Great Whites that will eat a full grown man like their a little snack. I've actually seen video of a couple guys who took a wood sillouette of a surfer and dragged it behind a boat outside the bay and a HUGE Great White snapped it in two like it was a little twig. I think I understand why the Sea Lions like to stay inside the bay! :laught16:

If your into seafood Frisco is definately the place to go. I've ate in places there where the processing plant is right next door and it doesn't get any fresher than that! I'm not huge on seafood though I do like a little bit of it. I have to admit it's kind of hard to eat seafood thats 20+ miles away from the shore after eating it up there.

It sounds like you had a good time with your family and thats what the holidays are all about.

Del

Lizard Chaser & All...I contacted Carhartt company today and they indicated these buttons are fairly rare...They are brass, not silver (bummer), and they think the button was from a coat in the early 1930's....Cheers, Unc