Nugget Shooter Forums

Whites TDI

Digger Bob

It has been quite a week for my TDI. Last week I found 3 nuggets all about 1.5 dwt.

Saturday I took out some newbies and loaned them my detector to hunt my "secret spot". Each of them had half a day to use it and neither had ever found a nugget or used a detector before.

With only about 5 minutes of instruction and follow up observation, off they went. By the end of the day I had 2 VERY happy new friends.

The lady found 3 nuggets, the largest of which was 2.5 dwt.

The fellow found only one, but it was a beauty, 3.5 dwt!

There's more to the story, but the pictures speak for them selves.

Digger Bob

post-413-1227567785_thumb.jpg

post-413-1227567800_thumb.jpg

post-413-1227567822_thumb.jpg

post-413-1227567848_thumb.jpg

Bob, Those are great. Do you know if they came in as low tone or high tone......Thanks Rick

Rick, all but one came in as a high tone. They were hunting in Low Conductivity due to the large amount of iron trash and up till then no "large" nuggets had been found there, just little melon seeds.

Interestingly enough, the 2.5 dwter gave a mixed tone but she dug it anyway. But the larger one, the 3.5 gave a nice high tone. Depth may have had something to do with it. The smaller one was just barely covered with dirt while the larger one was about 3 inches deep wedged down in the bedrock. All the gold from this area is very pure and solid, very dense. Who knows? One was a smooth slug the other more angular and rough. And we were using the new 9x5 eliptical loop. The nuggets were shallow, none deeper than 3 or 4 inches in the bedrock.

Digger Bob

post-413-1227642707_thumb.jpg

Digger Bob, just a question... battery length? can you detect over

one day w/o needing to recharge? By one day, I guess I'm

referring to about 4-hrs. And if you are out overnight, you have

a car-charger which can refresh a battery for morning.

Digger Bob, just a question... battery length? can you detect over

one day w/o needing to recharge? By one day, I guess I'm

referring to about 4-hrs. And if you are out overnight, you have

a car-charger which can refresh a battery for morning.

Jim,

The battery life here is long, 8 - 10- hours, beleive it or not. I have hunted all day, 6-7 hours and still had power left. I too wanted to see just how long they would last. I used the same battery the next day and it finally died about 10 in the morning. And that's without headphones too. I popped the other one in ( the TDI comes with 2 Li-ion batteries) and continued to hunt the rest of the day.

When they do die, they die rather quickly. Once the first light goes out, you only have about 5 minutes before it dies completly.

As I said, the machine comes with 2 batteries and a wall charger. However, they do not have yet a car charger due to the odd voltage of this machine. They are working on it and I expect one to be out by next spring. But right now, that's a downside. You can't go out bush for a week unless you have a generator to recharge the batteries. Or a solar charger or something along those lines.

Hope this helps,

Digger Bob