Nugget Shooter Forums

Forum Status

Boorx4

Greetings everyone,

Does anyone out there know how to change one's forum status??? Some are listed as greenhorns, prospectors, over the hill etc.

I am listed as greenhorn but with 20+ years of prospecting, :icon_mrgreen: I believe a promotion in status is in order. :ROFL:

Thanks for your indulgence.

Boorx4

BoorX4, you do it yourself, by making posts, the more post the father up the ladder you go. Has nothing to do with your pospecting expertis. Well in away it does. but the more posts you make on the forum. Grubstake

Boorx4

I have been on this forum since 03 and I'am just

an upcoming prospector. When you watch and listen :innocent0009:

you learn a lot but you don't move up the latter :laught16::laught16: . AZ

If you have 20 years behind you in prospecting, I am sure many of us would like to hear about past and presents prospecting activities, probably have some interesting things to share. lay it on us and move up to SGT. :headphones:

Boorx4

Some guys just need the rank ... some to justify the ego ... and some just earn it! :innocent0002: :innocent0009: :laught16:

Seriously, I don't have near the experience you have and they call me "Prospector" ... after all I am from NH ... where do you get much gold prospecting experience in New England? ... but I try to contribute where and when I can ... as a result I have moved steadily up the ladder over time.

You will too! Now lets hear a few stories from your past experience. We are a learning fools group here! And BTW ... welcome to the forum. One caution: Don't wear to thin a skin around here ... it can be a rough sounding bunch on occasion but but with all have heart of gold ... well ... except John B. and his "Basketball Sized Steel Balls" (sorry John that post just hit me funny!)... He has a bit of a twisted sense of humor ... but I have been told he also has a heart ... where I don't know ... but so I have been told as I have never met the man personally! :tisc-tisc: :laught16:

Mike F

Yeeeaaah..... so now I'm wondering if maybe having a low status might help get more dumbed down answers... lol. I might need a demotion!

Kidding aside don't worry about the status too much. Try to gauge people by their helpfulness and have fun.

Guest bedrock bob

I for one want status. Status is very important. How do we know when to kiss ass and when to get our asses kissed? Our whole society is based on the Borgeoulais way of looking at wealth and power, and this forum should reflect that.

My rating system has always been;

Greenhorn

Mucker

Miner

Engineer

I believe after 35 years that I at least rate as a Mucker. I certainly have done enough of it.

Bedrock Bob

Boorx4,

I personally would not worry to much about the status rating. After 55 years of prospecting and mining I'm not sure where I stand. Greenhorn: been there, sometimes I think I'm still there. Mucker for way to long, oldtimer: yes that I'm sure of. Sometimes I think I got some sense and then my wife reminds me that the proof is in the results. I'm not sure if I'm a miner or not, although I have worked for years underground at depths of 800 feet, sunk shafts, handled powder and still have all my fingers. Yet with all that being said, I still feel like a newbie. There is so much to learn in this hobby that it would probably take 3 lifetimes to begin to understand prospecting.

With amount of time you have in this hobby I'm sure you have alot to share to help all of use, I sure would like to hear some of your adventures.

Bedrock Bob, I enjoy your posts as well as everyone else's. This forum has a hugh wealth of knowledge and is willing to share it. That's what makes this hobby so much fun.

Ol'29er

Guest Potholes Bob-NM

:icon_mrgreen: Same here, but nothing came of it. Seems that somewhere along the line,

Nuggetshooter Archives and records were lost. Hell, I used to be near the top( Big Deal! LOL!

with my post numbers, now I really don't give a rat's ass because the OTs on the different

prospecting webs know better-LOL!

In any case, my "status" on Nuggetshooter isn't going to help me find more nuggets

:laught16:

These days I'm a whole lot more worried about my mutual funds status! :innocent0009:

Potholes Bob

Guest bedrock bob

..." now I really don't give a rat's ass"...

Potholes Bob

I just love this saying Bob. It is one of my favorites. I can see that we are going to have a good time. I believe anyone who can actually sit down at a keyboard and draft a sentence that contains the phrase "rat's ass" must have some kind of a pulse beating somewhere. These two words are special together. They make you feel a little dirty no matter whether you are typing them or reading them. I kind of like that dirty feeling, so I use them often.

I don't give a rats ass about status either. The desert determines a prospectors status on a daily basis. Hot or cold, dead or alive, gold or no gold. All we can do is just be there and hang on for the ride.

Bedrock Bob (Master Mucker)

Greetings all you prospecting friends,

Now I get it. I am not looking for "status." I just thought that we could put up our own rating,( that is the word I really should have used) to let others on the forum know about ones prospecting experience.

I will always be a greenhorn since I'm not one to talk very much. I let my wife do all the talking. :innocent0009: I'm just a man of action, not words.

Thanks for the insight.

Boorx4

WSPA #99

Greetings all you prospecting friends,

Now I get it. I am not looking for "status." I just thought that we could put up our own rating,( that is the word I really should have used) to let others on the forum know about ones prospecting experience.

I will always be a greenhorn since I'm not one to talk very much. I let my wife do all the talking. :innocent0009: I'm just a man of action, not words.

Thanks for the insight.

Boorx4

WSPA #99

Sorry about the double post. Just can't seem to get it right.

Now --- I AM A GREENHORN WHEN IT COMES TO POSTING---- :outtahere:

Boorx4

WSPA #99

LOL you sure said alot about how you don't say alot.... :laught16:

gonna have to meet Bedrock Bob one of these days.. that guy "cracks" me up...

Status is a funny monkey . I heard the best line when I was a young pilot .

After 10 hours I didn't listen to anyone .

After 100 hours I listened to "some" people .

After 1000 hours I listened to EVERYONE .

The less people think you know the more they will try to help you . If you hear 100 things in a day and even one helps you they you're ahead of the game . Rock on Greenhorn !!

Guest Potholes Bob-NM
..." now I really don't give a rat's ass"...

Potholes Bob

I just love this saying Bob. It is one of my favorites. I can see that we are going to have a good time. I believe anyone who can actually sit down at a keyboard and draft a sentence that contains the phrase "rat's ass" must have some kind of a pulse beating somewhere. These two words are special together. They make you feel a little dirty no matter whether you are typing them or reading them. I kind of like that dirty feeling, so I use them often.

I don't give a rats ass about status either. The desert determines a prospectors status on a daily basis. Hot or cold, dead or alive, gold or no gold. All we can do is just be there and hang on for the ride.

Bedrock Bob (Master Mucker)

It's a shame that the old archives were lost Bedrock, lots of "interesting" sentences then! This

forum could really get your blood pressure soaring...LOL! We were always shooting down the

Aussie guys who would come on the board with their anti US/anti war diatribes...Yea, dem wuz da days

Potholes :ph34r2:

Guest bedrock bob

Wow! I just noticed that I have been elevated from "Greenhorn" to "New Guy". I was hoping for something like "Gift to all Females" or "Genetically Superior". Oh well. I can settle for "New Guy".

I suppose I am a lot newer than some of these guys around here. Does that mean that after years of contributiing to the forum I will be known as "Old Guy"? Now there is something to look forward to!

I would think that a "Master Mucker" would be just under a "Mother Mucker". A Master Mucker would have to take direction from a Mother Mucker but could not be reprimanded by them. Mother Muckers are at that level of mid-management that really have no authority, but serve in a quasi-supervisory status. They do not muck, but rather facilitate and direct the mucking. They gather data and graph the process of mucking but do not actually touch the muck nor do they have any experience at it. They are usualy fresh out of college (Mucking Technology) and quite a few years younger than the Muckers, but insist on advising the Muckers on things like process improvement and mucking safety.

This usually results in getting their asses kicked between muckings.

Bedrock Bob

A title and a white hat,don't mean squat :laught16: ......fellows such as Ol 29'er are among just a few handfulls of guys in the know who post in the the states and OZ.......Be nice if someone could run with 29er for a few weeks and tape verbal stories and know how as it's being done.........Dave(one side green,the other half done). :grrr01:

I think the new "status names" sucks....sounds like a CNN cover up....how many years with no

complaints?.....yea I'm old....cranky....and sometimes smell bad but I liked "over the hill and back"...

just my :twocents: :twocents: and all the finesse that I could muster....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bedrock bob

I just noticed that I have been promoted. Thank you Bill! One day I will show up on your doorstep and shake your hand.

Your forum is a hoot. It is as close to an old west mining town as it gets. Not since have so many prospectors come together (or clashed) in a single spot. The politics and personalities were a huge part of those pioneer communities as it is here. The independance and tough spirit of the prospector is alive and well, and unchaged by the years... or in the case of some a result of the years.

There may be a few drunkards, and that loud mouth and his sidekick keep picking on fellers right down on main street, but all in all it is a great place to tie the mule. Heck, a town has to have a little excitement.

There is one little thing though... "Member"? Whyd'nt ya just call me a "Tool" or a "Johnson" or a "dick" for heaven's sake?

Well, I am proud to be a member. A firm upstanding member of this little mining community. Rigidly independant, dragging a great big sack of nuggets in the dirt behind me. Soon, I will have been sufficiently engorged to the point I will evolve from being a member. I really do not expect to explode or erupt though. I suppose I will enter a coccoon and emerge as a beautiful butterfly? I really do not know what I am to be next, but for now I am happy to be a member. I feel there is parity in my title. I am happy with it!

Bedrock Bob, MEMBER