Nugget Shooter Forums

The perfect Crevice Dilemma

OldSalt

I am curious as to what everyone would do if you came across a rare crack/crevice in bedrock that is the perfect width and runs across a tributary or wash, etc at the perfect angle.

Would you just clean out the crack/crevice the best you could or would you break it open and destroy rendering it useless for future gold catching in order to collect all material it contains?

:icon_mrgreen: :headphones: :laught16::laught16:

I guess it all depends on if you're into prospecting for gold and precious minerals OORR if you're into Greenies and the Sierra Club. :laught16: :twocents: :coffeetime:

It seems like such a shame to destroy it when it could catch more gold during the next rains.

oldsalt,

Clean it out.

If it needs some breaking out, do it.

A bird in the hand and all...

I don't think it will take destroying the crevice

to get most of it.

You can sort of judge what you're doing after all.

Good luck.

I sure miss dredging - if that's what you're doing.

If it's dry, don't worry about opening it up at all.

Flak

First of all Old Salt....there's no such thing as a perfect crack(except in Brazil with a string bikini)

but then that's another story....I'm with Flak(who?...Flak?) clean that mother out by any means

necessary...then if you die before the next dredging season die with a golden smile.... :whoopie:

Break it bust it drill it what ever and if you want it to catch gold later push the rubel back in at one spot to dam your destruction.

GIT ER DONE :laught16:

They say the only stupid question is the one not asked,,,,,,,,,I say the same in my mind would apply to the only gold not found is the gold not dug.

I take it that this is a dry wash? I guess to break it or not would depend on how much gold

You have recovered from it . If you recovered a good amount I would bust it open if not I

Would move on. You could get a crevice tool and scrap the crevice then pour

Some water in there then suck up the material with a small hose. Goldtube

Rich

I was definately not thinking of prospecting after reading the title..... :innocent0009:

In reference to your crack.... I can tell you that if gold was comiing out of it I wouldn't be able to keep from doing what I had to to get it out.

Guest bedrock bob
I was definately not thinking of prospecting after reading the title..... :innocent0009:

In reference to your crack.... I can tell you that if gold was comiing out of it I wouldn't be able to keep from doing what I had to to get it out.

Sure, go ahead and bust his crack. Destroy his wondrful crack in the name of gold. Pretty soon he wont have a crack left. Cracks are getting more rare every day. What if we run short of cracks?

You would think that a prospector would have more respect for a man's crack than that. You should be ashamed!

My strategy would be to run my tool through that crack. Yup, go ahead and slide your tool all over that crack but leave it in tact. That way, when you wake up in the middle of the night and have that feeling (and you all know what I am talking about) you can go back and play with that crack again. If you destry the crack on the first go 'round you wont ever have that crack again, and it will be very difficult for you to find another crack (word gets out, believe me). I would definitely fill that crack completely up if I could and discourage anyone else from messing with it. After all, a mans crack should not be shared with anyone.

I think you are all crackheads. Use a feaking vacuum on your crack.

Bedrock Bob

Guest Potholes Bob-NM

When I was heavy into dry washing in the desert, I built my self a copy of a "Dry Vack" and vacuumed up a whole bunch of gold by this great method.

I believe that the commercial Shop Vacs. (which you could run off a small Honda AC generator, can even handle wet material!

Cheers!

Potholes Bob

:rofl2: *crying/laughing* :rofl2:

This is one of the funniest posts, seen in awhile. :laught16: Thanks! Kind of like question put to new canidates into the Clampers- If you found a lost Jackass in the desert, would you mount her? or something like that :outtahere:

Shep

How much gold do you actually think is going to be replenished in that crevice after one season of storms?If it's all that great the crevices in front and below it should also be fairly good,whether the're visable or not.Get it while your able to as one always thinks they can get back to a spot and often that is'nt the case.Mother nature is a very destructive force in itself,so breaking open a crevice isn't going to ruin the universe,and if it does..so be it.........Just say no to CRACK!........Dave

Guest bedrock bob
I'd love to find a crack, :twocents: :innocent0009: :innocent0009: :innocent0009:

You want some crack?

I can hook you up dude! I have both horizontal and vertical crack for sale at the lowest prices. The best quality. Look no further, it is the finest crack in the land! Very pure. Twenty dolla make you holla!

Easy to clean and full of goodies! Get 'em while they are hot! If you dont take 'em somebody else will. Cash only. Tell your friends.

Bedrock Bob

• 2 weeks later...