Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azdigger

Franconia in Dec.

I am looking forwardto this outing, I am well prepared for this one, I get to try out my new toy.

You can see it at the OUTING..... :laught16:

I still got to figure how to set the GM4B as I have not hunted in the field with it yet , just my yard.

i got faith you'll pick it up fast enuff.......just do a lot of this :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: and some of this :coffeetime: and more of this :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: and soon you'll like this :confused0013:

:laught16::laught16::laught16:

glad to see you out there we haveing a Saturday pot luck ?

Sorry guys, couldn't wait. Made a run out there and found a nice 167g piece.

Hugn thign, Hugn thign see you all out there in Dec.

SD530741.jpg

Mike

Nice Mike, I was planing on finding that one .....but I guess it is ok......... :laught16:

I guess as far as a pot luck that is up to everyone as to what they want to do.....

Lets see if that is what everyone wants....................

Sheesh Mike, hope you saved some for me!

Hugn thign man! :laught16:

Del

Aloha,

Nice find Mike! Looks almost complete with just a small piece missing.

And everyone thought the field was cleaned out?

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

is like gb it still has a lot to be found just wate i plan on pulling otu a at lest a .02 gramer :laught16:

Hi all

Hey Mike!!

Sweet specimen!! Good find. :icon_mrgreen: :whoopie: Should we turn tthe lights out or is the big one around the next turn.!!

Congrats!!

Wayne

Wayne , is there any chance you might make it out to the outing.

Hi Rick

I sure would like to be there. Looks like I have a family thing going on in Prescott. Maybe things will change. Sounds like you are doing well. :icon_mrgreen:

Wayne

You can never turn the lights out on Franconia, it keeps on given and given.

Stan, it was a full stone just some little chips off of it.

I will try to remember to bring my (maybe not franconia) franconia 212g piece to get all of your opinions on it.

Picture029.jpg

Mike

Mike, that is a sweat stone!!! :wubu: :Huh_anim]: I hunted the south side, last weekend with John Wolfe, but came up empty handed from there. And only one stone, and one iron from the north side. Nice job! Jason :;):

Mike,

That is one nice chunk of extra-terrestral space debris........ Does that rolled lip go all the way around?

Jayray,

Do not feel bad about coming up empty handed hunting for the L-chondrites on the South side. John W. has pretty much cleaned them out. Between him and Howard W., that L field has had a real spanking.

Jim

Hey Jim, are ya gonna make it out there for the outing, would love to have ya.....

Who all is going to make it and for what days are you going to make it.

I will arriving early as I can Friday Morning and staying untill Sunday afternoon.

Jayray, I hunted the south side for about 4 hrs last weekend too. Same thing as you SKUNKED :grrr01: .

Jim, the lip goes almost all the way around, right to where a chip came off. Where the chip came off I think it came off before

it hit the ground because it as a little lip on it too. The more I look at it the more I think its not a run of the mill Franconia.

Fred, I guess its some what oriented. I can make out some flow lines on it. It looks like to me, that it started to tumble, but what the

heck do I know :confused0013: . Would really like to get all of your guys thoughts on it.

Paul and I will be out there Friday night and leave on Sunday.

Mike

Jayray, I hunted the south side for about 4 hrs last weekend too. Same thing as you SKUNKED :grrr01: .

Jim, the lip goes almost all the way around, right to where a chip came off. Where the chip came off I think it came off before

it hit the ground because it as a little lip on it too. The more I look at it the more I think its not a run of the mill Franconia.

Fred, I guess its some what oriented. I can make out some flow lines on it. It looks like to me, that it started to tumble, but what the

heck do I know :confused0013: . Would really like to get all of your guys thoughts on it.

Paul and I will be out there Friday night and leave on Sunday.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your reply, I hope to get a gander at that beautiful specimen at the outing.

The lipping and flow lines are the 2 most prominent features on an oriented meteorite.

Here is a link that makes mention of oriented meteorites. Scroll down to the paragraph on Oriented meteorites.....

http://reviews.ebay.com/METEORITE-COLLECTI...000000003170213

Jim

Hey guys, I may come out there again and do some hunting. I want to look for more unexploded artillery. I have only been out there once, with no experience using a kids cheapo metal detector and the first thing I find is highly explosive. So either, I hit the lottery or others are finding them and not saying anything/keeping them? Anybody interested in checking the wash I found it in?

Com on Out, I am sure one of us will give it a look.

Sure wish I could go..............

But it's too far to walk!!

:sadwalk:

Bwolv. maybe next year.....we have one of these outings every year, also one for hunting gold too.

Might want to plan for next year :laught16:

To anyone else thinking of making it to the outing,.....COME ON DOWN..... :icon_mrgreen: :laught16:

Mike:

That's a sweet find. Goes to show there are still nice ones to find.

All:

I'll try and get out there early Sat.

I have not been hunting in a while.

Look forward to it.

Greg Stanley

Sounds good, will do...

I guess I'll have to wait for spring to dig for treasure in the yard..(again)

Bwolv. maybe next year.....we have one of these outings every year, also one for hunting gold too.

Might want to plan for next year :laught16:

To anyone else thinking of making it to the outing,.....COME ON DOWN..... :icon_mrgreen: :laught16:

Hey Jim, are ya gonna make it out there for the outing, would love to have ya.....

Who all is going to make it and for what days are you going to make it.

I will arriving early as I can Friday Morning and staying untill Sunday afternoon.

Rick,

I hope to make it down on Saturday, looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully a few new faces.

Jim

Jim I will be there on Friday and maybe even as early as Thursday......Looking forward to getting out some and getting back together with old friends......I will make some Chili for Friday if anyone is interested or should I make it for Sat .

Well guys we plan on coming down, I just picked up a new TDI machine so this wil be the first time I will get to try it out.

See you all on Sat. morning

Rick & Connie