Nugget Shooter Forums

Bill in CR....my thinking exactly..... :ziplip:

The bridge...upstream.....downstream....and the "troll" that lives under the bridge.... :Huh_anim]:

post-300-1244295578_thumb.jpg

post-300-1244295595_thumb.jpg

post-300-1244295608_thumb.jpg

post-300-1244295770_thumb.jpg

I knew I wanted to dredge there!

These are also under the bridge and every where else...."dog fish" and "pirana"....

my very good friend...this pic was taken in 2006...he was 92 years old....he died of cancer in

2008......also he and his wife in front of their house.....

post-300-1244388339_thumb.jpg

post-300-1244388364_thumb.jpg

post-300-1244388379_thumb.jpg

Every time I think about dredging down there you come up with a new surprise. Let's see, Crocks, Piranha, electric eels, Stingrays, giant bad ass snakes and now the Dogfish........ Sheesh, what next?

The" Piranha's"are running in schools this time of year....very dangerous and agressive...has

something to do with hormones.....

post-300-1244394517_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of one of the land owners here(in front)....behind him is my amigo Joan Preto or

in English it would be Black Joan....saw him just a couple of hours ago...he's been camped out

in the jungle for days at a large slave dig...he found a pair of hand made pure gold ear rings

shaped like the base of a bell...each on weighed 4 grams....wish I had the money to buy them

their about 200 years old and beautiful....

Several people have asked me for pics of some of the local beauties...especially since the ratio

is 10 women for every man here....I didn't take these pics but they are Brazilian gals....

post-300-1244595081_thumb.jpg

post-300-1244595164_thumb.jpg

When you find these little square stones it could be there's gold in the area...at least that's

what some people say....

She could be looking for you.....

post-300-1244834310_thumb.jpg

post-300-1244834382_thumb.jpg

Was going through my pics and found one I had forgot about taking...this is the

436gram that I found that day before my 62 birthday....most slave digs heaps are

about 2-3 feet high but these were 6-7 feet high....the slaves were following a vein

up a small wash that went into a pretty good sized mountain...they dug the vein out

for about 150 yards...just wonder how much more they got out before they threw this

one out with the rocks....

The coil is a Coiltek 18" mono on a SD2000....the depth of the nugget was around three

feet...not a loud signal but enough to get my attention...

The other pics is well....self explanitory....just think their's 10 of them to every one of

us men....

post-300-1245110731_thumb.jpg

post-300-1245110767_thumb.jpg

Garimpo-

Really nice piece. Anyway you can knock that big, long heap down some? I bet there's more in there.

Steve

Goldfinger...I had a so called "friend" with me at the time...my question to him was

could we get a tractor in there and his reply (as usual) was some excuse for not

being able to get a tractor...I went back a week later and the entire area had been

pushed ....I found out much later it was by my "friend"...he did the same thing in

6 other areas where I had found gold before....he denied it so there's no way of knowing

what he found....

A nice 6 gramer next to one of the plants here locally...

A couple of beauties looking for Mr. Right or without any fuss they'll settle for just

some fun times...

post-300-1245200943_thumb.jpg

post-300-1245200975_thumb.jpg

It's nice when the weight of the nugget you've just found starts with a 3...like this

one...35.8grams....

Other 3's are good too...

post-300-1245543783_thumb.jpg

post-300-1245543811_thumb.jpg

When it gets to hot to beep in the day time you might consider a little night

hunting....

Went to a ranch where the old road into the property has been changed....dirt hard

as concrete and trash targets everywhere....my rule of thumb is "if it beeps ...dig it"...

took my son-in-law...found out he's scared to death of cows...especially these big

Brahmas....

Got a couple of nice little dinks and then a loud trash signal.....96.4 grams of trashy

looking gold....only about 6" down.....GP3000....NF 17" mono Ell coil...

Tried to get a pic of the 100 gramer found just down the road from this nugget but

the gold buyer has already melted it down...

More "gold diggers"....

post-300-1245712336_thumb.jpg

post-300-1245712460_thumb.jpg

Outfrigginstanding! Love that trashy gold

When you find these little square stones it could be there's gold in the area...at least that's

what some people say....

She could be looking for you.....

Don the square stones...were they cut to use for weights?

Oh yeah....please stop posting pics of my wife....its not fair!

darn, Don, that's an incredible 3+ ouncer...Amazing digging crew too!...Cheers, Unc

Sonny...no the stones were not cut at all....just the way nature left them...some

of the folks on here that know about things like that say it's a good indicator of

gold in the area...they come in different sizes and colors...black being the most

predominate color....

Garimpo-

Makes me wonder if these "little square stones" are actually the limonite after pyrite pseudomorph cubes which means they were originally pyrite cubes but were replaced by limonite over time from weathering. I've seen these in Az and Nev and they are common quite common in some gold areas.

Steve

Steve a couple of years ago I posted pics of some of these "cubes" and somebody

that I don't remember who said something similar to what you've said....they also

said their indicators of diamonds....

interesting formation. I'll research the AZ end of it.

Well I found 3 sites that say Quartzite has Limonite cubes. I havent been there, but I know alot of us have. Has anyone found these cubes there?

Find them all the time here in the Northern Mother lode

Steve a couple of years ago I posted pics of some of these "cubes" and somebody

that I don't remember who said something similar to what you've said....they also

said their indicators of diamonds....

It could have been me but limonite cubes are not an indicator of diamonds so someone else must have said it. Certain types of garnets and other similar minerals are indicators of diamonds.

Steve