Nugget Shooter Forums

replacement power cord

Carl

I have a sd2000 with a voltage regulator modification. I lost the power cord that was also modified with a 6v/12v switch on the headphone jack block. Wondering what difference it makes whether 6v or 12v? Are any of the minelab 4 pin cords specifically designed for 12v output?

thanks, Carl

Wondering what difference it makes whether 6v or 12v?

thanks, Carl

The switch was for charging 6v batteries, that's all. In case I confused anybody.

So I'm looking for an old sd power cord, if somebody has one laying around that they would like to get rid of. let me know

redzuk at qwest.net

Carl

Carl

Any of the 4 prong SD power cords will work with your with your 2000. Bill has them here on this web site. I have a 6 frequency 12v 2000 that I bought off Ismael Jones a few years ago. The unit I have is one of the first 200 units made by Minelab and was Jone's own unit. He was using it on a sled with a huge coil. It arrived with the outback red dust intact. Is your unit set up with a frequency mod? The 2000 mod units are hell on big deep gold. Don't tell anyone or they will all want one.

Frank

I think Ismael said the 6 frequency machine he sent to the USA was a one of a kind, cool that you have it.

My detector has the voltage regulator and audio enhancer.

As long as i need to buy a new cable i thought about trying speakers. Did you ever try an external amp and speaker with your machine?

Carl

Carl

I use Troy Shadow headphones with my unit. Have not tried the speakers. Yes I have that one of a kind unit. I'm happy my friend Ismael passed that unit on to me. Right now I use the unit with a 25" coil treasure hunting. The unit picks up DEEEEEP things! A lot of the controls and settings on the 6 frequency 2000 are now on the new 4500 that Minelab brought out. I wonder where they got the idea? For deep large targets the 2000 mod with a big coil is the way to go. :innocent0009: