Nugget Shooter Forums

29'ers Doctor Report

The wife and I went to the doctor Wednesday to find out when I would be going back into surgery to repair the loose screws. The MRI showed that the fusions took well, spinal canal was clear and open. The X-Rays's showed that the screws, nuts, bolts and metal bracing was in place and sealed up. The good news, no surgery and he wants to see me in May 1009. He said that it should be pretty much healed up. I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Ol'29er

Good news BOB, no fling! You will never make it through the metaldetectors, theywill strip you down, and xray your butt! No kidding, my mother-in-law has a pacemaker, and when she fly's they really do that, even though she has a letter from her DR. saying she has a pacemaker. :Huh_anim]: :Huh_anim]: Grubstake

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. The doctor wants me walking as much as possible now. He said no rough roads and to make sure I have my walker if I go to the hills. The bad part which at this point is OK with me is that my lifting restriction is 8-10 pounds max and not more than 4 times daily. The fact that I will not have to go back in for another surgery is the big blessing. With Denny and Micro-Nugget as partners, I'm not going to get away with much. This has been weighing heavy on me now for almost 3 months so my story writting has suffered. Now that I can relax, I'll be posting very soon.

Chris, I hope to make the SB show and will look you up for sure.

Ol'29er

Aloha Bob,

Great to hear you will once again be posting stories on this forum. Sure missed them!

Looks like everything will be okay if you just go slow and listen to them doctors orders.

Aloha and take care of yourself,

Stan aka Kaimi

Bob,

That is some great news, take it slow and easy though, until it is completely healed.

By now, you should have received the package that I sent, you can now decorate your walking stick and make it look ceremonial... Let me know......

Jim