Nugget Shooter Forums

NS GOLD Basin outing finds :)

Aloha guys,

Nate: That is so awesome finding them pieces. Especially since you havn't hunted Gold Basin as much as some of the other guys. Good Job.

Greg: Guess you killed that skunk at the last minute. Better late than never I always say. Good job. Juswt keep on practicing with that GMT and you will be finding more pieces for sure.

Del: What can I say since you are a seasoned hunter. I guess I just expected you to find as much. Nice job.

Erik: Enjoy your youth NOW as you only get one chance at it. Looks like you had a great time from the smile on your face. Hope to see you and your dad out in the field soon.

Aloha guys and be sure to be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha guys,

Nate: That is so awesome finding them pieces. Especially since you havn't hunted Gold Basin as much as some of the other guys. Good Job.

Greg: Guess you killed that skunk at the last minute. Better late than never I always say. Good job. Juswt keep on practicing with that GMT and you will be finding more pieces for sure.

Del: What can I say since you are a seasoned hunter. I guess I just expected you to find as much. Nice job.

Erik: Enjoy your youth NOW as you only get one chance at it. Looks like you had a great time from the smile on your face. Hope to see you and your dad out in the field soon.

Aloha guys and be sure to be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Thanks Stan hope to see you out in the fild soon man

Well Del, my dad bought the GMT at the gold show the year before it came out and they actually had to send him a chip to fix one of the bugs they worked out before they were for sale by most dealers.

but the lower the gain the better.

when you put it on 7 or 10 you're cutting back on the basalt you hear but you are also

cutting back on you finds. i would rather hear basalt as a nulled signal and hear meteorites as sharp crisp zips or screams. i love that GMT.

[Erik]

Del,

It really does not matter if you start at the bottem and work up or at 10/10 and work down, or just start at the RIS settings. The object of doing this is to fine tune to your throw down or whatever that you are looking for. I have a 9 gram GB that I use, you can surface tune or bury the object to the max depth that you can hear it. I usually do the SAT first and then the Gain, it really does not make much difference because you should always do a 1-2-1 to make sure that 2 did not change 1 to any degree. In real hot ground, you will find that there will not be much of a gain variance. I have found that at GB and Franconia, if I get the coil over it, it goes in my pocket. Hot rocks are there, but most all of them do not match the sound created by your throw down, and if you use the throw down now and then, you keep your mind in tune with your detector......

Even the manual tells you to run the gain as high as possible, taking into consideration erratic behavior.

As L. Sallee put it, high gain, silent threshold and high SAT may break a few rules, but the GMT also breaks the rules and is full of surprises.

I have no idea why Ben's GMT with the Gold Max on it was only giving out a whisper on the throw downs, both of my GMT's as well as Greg's, were screaming at the top of their lungs with the settings that I showed Greg.

Like Erik, I love my GMT, but have a soft spot in my heart for my GP3000 and NF 14" E-Mono.........

Jim

Guys I don't know a lot about the GMT but as far as the GM3 goes full vsat and i run my gain at 4 but thee 2 deferent machines some people heard my gm 3 over it it was load so yea GMT why def than gm3

thats just my :twocents: :twocents: woth

Hi All,

Nate, way to go! What a bunch of nice finds. Your the man! It was sure nice talking to and meeting everyone at the outing. We were sitting in front of Rogers trailer when this new hunter walked up and asked if anyone could tell if this hot rock was a meteorite. I could tell 5' away it that was a Gold Basin, he handed it to Roger and Roger's reply was yes it is a Gold Basin. You should have seen the look on the guys face and the scream he let out, it was worth a million dollars! As he was walking back to his truck, he would stop every couple of feet and look at his new find in disbelief and let out a scream! I had a chance to see Roger's and John's new meteorites. I would say the meteorites are the best I HAVE EVER SEEN! I can't say how hard it was to say that! Just teasing, way to go. A special thanks to Bill for putting on the event.

Sonny

Jim and Erik- hey guys I think we could sit here and type away untill we all turn blue in the face. What I really need to do is go out and spend more time with my GMT in the field to really get the hang of it. Thanks for the tips guys!

Hey Sonny it was a pleasure meeting you, those sure were some gorgeuous meteorites Roger found.

Everyone else- thanks for the posts!

My weekend is starting in about five minutes hereand I'm outta here to go look for some more gold.

Del

Hi Gentlemen :icon_mrgreen: (loosley speaking)

I came home on Saturday afternoon. Although I didn't spend much time meteorite hunting I still picked up 3 pieces that weighed 180 grams, which was just about the same amount I gave away to new meteorite hunters that showed up at the outing.

Sonny: It was great to finally spend time talking meteorites with you and getting to actually see your R-Chondrite. That was the highlight for my 9 days.

The Outing was another success. Many new faces and a lot of old familiar ones were on hand to enjoy the stories and BS sessions we had till 1:AM each night. And as usual there was a lot of great food Saturday night. A big thank you to everyone who attended.

There never seems to be enough time to spend time talking with everyone as I would like, but enjoy everyones company.

Thank :coffeetime: :icon_mrgreen: s again to Bill for pulling off another successful Outing.