Nugget Shooter Forums

My favorite time of the year

Allen in MT

This is my favorite time of the year as the colors change, was a good day to go for a ride and just take it all in. Made a run over to Idaho and back to do the final winterization of our summer camp. Didn't do any detecting but the scenery was gold in itself.

enjoy and hagd

Allen in MT

post-227-1224465189_thumb.jpg

Allen

I could be wrong,but a lot of the gold color on the hill sides

appears to be dead beetle killed trees. :hmmmmmm:

Still some real beautiful country though.

The golden yellow you see is the Tamarack trees turning and loosing their needles as they do each year.

We do have beetle kill here but this is not.

Allen in MT

Hi Allen,

Your Tamerack must be like our Hackmatack. Same conifer looking tree with deciduous actions of dropping the leaves(needles in this case). Great looking country.

Mike F

Bill

Ain't that the truth. It's in the mid 80's here in Bullhead City, and I love it.

Time to get out and find some Gold and other things :woohoo: in the hills around here. AZ

Here is a shot from my front step on 10/21

kinda getting down low.

Allen in MT

Allen,

Those are beautiful pictures, a true sign that it is almost ski time. My wife was up in Eagle Colorado for 3 weeks, she came back with some of the most beautiful pictures of the fall landscape in the high rockies, that I have ever witnessed. Several pictures of the town that I was born in,(Gilman, Colo.) show only aspen trees with a glimpse of an abandoned house here and there. Mother nature has reclaimed the town.

Hope to see you at Franconia this winter.........

Jim

Great Pics Allen! If I could stand the winters I would live there the year around, I found a lot of gold and crystals in MT & ID, still a lot of untouched places.