Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin Outing

Jim B

Hi All

Just a note. Everyone seems to be having a good time. The chili last night was great. The potluck tonight was really great. Too much food. Some small gold has been found, and some nice meteorites, also. One of the pics will show Mel and friend with Mel's first meteorite. :whoopie:

post-174-1224386905_thumb.jpg

post-174-1224386981_thumb.jpg

Jim, thats one nice GB meteorite that Mel found. looks like its over a hundred grammer. I,ve never found one that big in Gold Basin yet. Maybe this year. did John B. use his pointy finger :laught16: to head Mel in the right direction. Looks like you all had a great time. Wish I could have been there.

Harry

Hi

Mels' meteorite actually was 123.9 grams, and he found it all by himself. John B wasn't even there yet. Someone else found what Roger was calling a "perfect" specimen. I don't know the weight, but it was complete. No sharp edges that showed any break-offs. I've been skunked so far.

Jim B

Aloha all,

Looks like there will be some great finds at this years outing. May end up going out there next tuesday or wednesday to check out a couple of areas I have been lucky at so far.

Can hardly wait for more pics from others.

Aloha and be safe out there,

Stan aka Kaimi

Was hoping it would snow or something ;-) Just kidding! I missed one of the best outings again this year, of all the outings! It's one of the only outings, one can meet the famous 'Bill' and if your'e lucky, have a conversation with. (hint, hint, Bill).

Hope to see, ol Max find a big 'un in later posts.

Shep

Well Shep, You missed a goodun :happy0045:

I picked up lots of nuggets of knowledge and advice from several prospectors that I went especialy to meet!!

And met some friends I had not seen in years! Friends & information are worth more than nuggets! Thanks to all of you who answered my questions and gave opinions and advice, you know who you are :yourock: .

The chili feed was super :chowtime: much more than I expected, I was unable to stay for the Sat potluck due to my wifes worsening back condition but I am sure it was outstanding too :cool04: .

I am already looking forward to the next one :icon_mrgreen: .

Thanks Bill

Was hoping it would snow or something ;-) Just kidding! I missed one of the best outings again this year, of all the outings! It's one of the only outings, one can meet the famous 'Bill' and if your'e lucky, have a conversation with. (hint, hint, Bill).

Hope to see, ol Max find a big 'un in later posts.

Shep

It was another great time out there for us,we didn't find much but had a great time.

I got to meet up with friends that I know and meet some of the faces behind the tags.

I picked up some wisdom along the way, and that makes this outing stand among the best.

Thanks to bill and all the rest that put up with all us greenies and put on a great time.

Hello all....I just want to say I had a Great time also...Meeting all the "Big Straps" and those that I haven't met ...The Weather...The Food....and The Great People made this a Nice Time....It was a Pleasure to meet you all...I needed the time and it was perfect...see ya next year......jet521

Hey, wanted to say thanks to Bill and everyone. My dad and I had a great time. I picked up a little nugget and my Dad picked up a small meteorite so neither of us were skunked. Can't beat that.

Though I did not meet Bill in person (saw him though) what a great guy for putting this all together and having cool prizes for the coin hunt. We missed the coin hunt but we won't next year after seeing what he was giving away. Very generous!

DigDeep

G'Day Everyone

Seems like all you guys and gals had a great time. You got treated to Fred's great chili :wubu: and it seems like there was alot of finds out there and best of all the weather was cooperative. We are like Shep, had a pretty bummed out year for getting away. :cry2: We were all set for Gold Basin, but a few problems came up and had to wait on a phone call. It came in at 10 to 6 Saturday night so it was just too late to drive for 12 hours. :Huh_anim]: Maybe next year.

I hate having to wait a whole year for the next event. Maybe we can have a 2nd Gold Basin outing? :icon_mrgreen: No coin hunts, no prizes .. just to get together, chew the fat and have a lot of fun. I hope the :bs: flowed around the campfire and Jim got to flaunt his incredible Franconia iron. :bowdown:

Cheers

Johnno and Kat

P.S. Fred, the phone call was positive.

What a hoot and I want to thank all those that came as well as the Southern Nevada GPAA chapter (I think) anyway it was great weather and a great turn out. It sure was good to see you all and the new faces as well. How long till the next one?

Yo All...Bummed I couldn't make it but it sounds like all had a good time...Is anyone going to give a write up with multi-pix so us wannabetheres's can share it? ... Thanks in advance...Cheers, Unc

Hello Bill and all...You ask how long till the next one?...I would say do one every Six Months...October and April...Seems like that would be nice weather...Would allow double the Fun for us and allow those that are to busy another shot at making atleast one :innocent0009: without suffering to much withdraw...Whatta ya Think? :confused0013: .......jet521 aka jerry

Unc,

Tom T,s wife Kay took an attendance list at the fri nite feed that she was going to pass to on Bill, I will check with her and see if she got pics to go with the names, it was a blast!! My pics are not good enought to post.

Yo All...Bummed I couldn't make it but it sounds like all had a good time...Is anyone going to give a write up with multi-pix so us wannabetheres's can share it? ... Thanks in advance...Cheers, Unc

All,

Yes, it was a very good outing, especially for those that wanted to get their first GB meteorite. Quite a few joined the space rock chaser society. :headphones: Several more authentic looking GB iron meteorite pieces were found, they were probably shed out of the abundant GB L4 chondrite as it does have some large NI-veining. There were quite a few small nuggets found, nothing to compare to the one that Harry found last year though.

It was fun rubbing elbows with all you good people. I met quite a number of individuals that had not been to a Nugget Shooter outing before. Gilaoro is an information machine, I sure did enjoy our visit and I thank you very much for the PM and link. Got to meet Ron and Sue, good people for sure, hope to see you at many future outings. DigDeep, glad to see that you and your Dad both beat the skunk. Actually, no one really got skunked, getting to meet so many good people and learning new things is worth far more than a couple little space rocks or a few grams of yellar......

It was nice to see Sonny Clary, he is an encyclopedia of knowledge when it comes to meteorites.

He has a number of finds to his name and is one of the best dry lake meteorite hunters in the country.

Jay-ray, thanks for the Christmas present, was nice to see you and your son show up.

John B. was late and then smashed a finger on his pointy finger hand. I think that he and Roger stayed at Gold Basin, he is plotting strategy for the upcoming coin shoot at Laughlin, this weekend.

Hope his finger heals in time and that he doesn't get dehydrated drooling over the nice assortment of meteorites that Roger was showing around.

Don Poteet showed up for awhile Saturday and then disappeared. He either headed home to the girlfriend or found another gold patch. He is quite a pro when it comes to finding more than his share of gold and now has become a space rock finder as well.

Bunk, always a pleasure to chat with you, those were a couple nice little nuggets that you was showing around.

I have a hard time remembering names, but I will never forget all the good conversation that I had with ones that I have not mentioned, you know who you are. Thanks.........

Bill Southern, special thanks for putting on a great shin-dig every year. May you be rewarded many times over. It is a fine thing that you do.

:twocents:

Jim

Paleface, Bill and all of you that I was looking forward to meeting,

I'm glad that all had fun, found lots of things and had a great time sharing.

Jim, It's probably a good thing I didn't make, we would have kept half the camp up all night.

I'm slowly healing, but still have to go in for one more surgery to repair the loose screws. I just hope that when they tighten them that I don't loose my sense of humor and BS :laught16::laught16:

Ol'29er