Nugget Shooter Forums

Knee Pads

Goldbill

I use McGuire-Nicholas, They cover your knees and only have one wide Neoprene stap, that hookswith Velcro, I have use many others, and have these for about 3 years now, most comfortable I have had. Grubstake

Thanks for an info. I will try them out soon when i get back to AZ next month.

Verlin Bill

I use McGuire-Nicholas, They cover your knees and only have one wide Neoprene stap, that hookswith Velcro, I have use many others, and have these for about 3 years now, most comfortable I have had. Grubstake

Goldbill and all others, whatever brand you decide on, don't put them on too tight, I had a strap break and as usual, using my handy electrical tape (always in my pocket), I taped it on for the day. Not good, I guess I pinched my perineal nerve at my knee! Been out of service and detecting, for over two months. Feelngs are starting to come back which is very good.

Shep

many thanks for your advice.

GoldBill

Goldbill and all others, whatever brand you decide on, don't put them on too tight, I had a strap break and as usual, using my handy electrical tape (always in my pocket), I taped it on for the day. Not good, I guess I pinched my perineal nerve at my knee! Been out of service and detecting, for over two months. Feelngs are starting to come back which is very good.

Shep

DANG Shep!

I am glad you posted this, I just bought a fancy set from Black & Decker with two sets of pads and the first time I used them was putting down some flooring. I had trouble keeping them up and a couple of days later my left leg gave me some trouble not locking good at the knee!! The right one has had this trouble before but not the left. I wonder now if the pads caused it? I will wear long pants and pin them from now on!

Thanks

Shep

OK Johnno!

Spill it! What brand are they??????????? :icon_mrgreen:

G'Day Everyone

NOT good shep I have at least 5 pairs in the shed but the ones I most enjoy and now use only is what Jason handed out at the last gold basin outing 2007. They are really great. Thanks again Jason.

Cheers

Johnno

OK Johnno!

Spill it! What brand are they??????????? :icon_mrgreen:

G'Day Gilaoro

I wish I knew. I will check them today for some brand names, but I doubt there's anything on them, they are military knee pads. Maybe Jason can throw some light on the make.

Cheers

Johnno

GoldBill,

Here is a link to where I get my knee pads and elbow pads. They work great.

http://www.kneepro.com/

Ol'29er

The correct name for knee pads here in Good old Calif. is{San Francisco tennis shoe's} :laught16::laught16::laught16: Grubstake

Grub,

It's good to see your sense of humor is in good shape :laught16::laught16:

29er

There is another option...try the neoprene knee braces that pull on like your ol'mothers girdle...I have worn them all day long when my knees were bothering me. they are a little hot but you will adjust...just enough padding for digging a target in rocks and gravel...and they give your knees extra support.

29er...what are you doing with elbow pads, sneaking up on those nuggies?

fred

There is another option...try the neoprene knee braces that pull on like your ol'mothers girdle...I have worn them all day long when my knees were bothering me. they are a little hot but you will adjust...just enough padding for digging a target in rocks and gravel...and they give your knees extra support.

29er...what are you doing with elbow pads, sneaking up on those nuggies?

fred

Fred,

Old habits die hard. I wore them while working in stopes. Sometimes you got to brace yourself with one knee and elbow while hammering out the ore.

I tried to sneak up on the nuggets but that didn't work to good, mwtal detector made to much noise and scared them off :laught16::laught16::laught16:

29er

[quote

I tried to sneak up on the nuggets but that didn't work to good, mwtal detector made to much noise and scared them off :laught16::laught16::laught16:

29er

NOW I know what is wrong :headphones: .

You guys are too much :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Yo All...Below are the one's I use, but only use one on my left knee since that's the one I mainly kneal on...It was very hot, though, so I drill about 30 - 40 3/8" holes in the upper section so it isn't so bad anymore....Really a great kneepad...I had developed what the Doc called "contact dermatitis" on my left knee from getting down on 140 degree sand and since I've been using the pad it's pretty much healed...I bought it at the local hardware store and actually talked them into selling me only one for half the price of the set...They said that it is pretty common for folks to only need one pad so they accomodate their customers...Cheers, Unc

post-9-1224729602_thumb.jpg