Nugget Shooter Forums

Just a sliver but it's GOLD!

Paseclipse

Hi all, well this weekend I managed snag myself another little nugget, this time around it was a little 0.16 grammer-

Nug2.jpg

Found it right on the top surface with my SD2100 equiped with an 11" mono coil (again) very close to the area where I found the little 1/2 grammer last weekend. I've been trying to use a 14" mono coil to try and find the deeper stuff, but I keep going back to this combination since it seems to be working so good. This is almost the smallest piece of gold I've found with a detector (0.12 grams found with a VLF) so I'm proud of it. Gold is gold and any bit (no matter what size) is better than none so I'm happy camper.

I've been thinking it might be a good idea to break out my drywasher in the next month or so and run the material I found my last two nuggets in. I estimate it would probably take me a few days of shoveling to run all this material. I figure if the gold is this small there's a good chance there's plenty of pickers to be found. What do you guys think, could it be worth my time?

I will probably be trying a different area this upcoming weekend if the tranny on my truck gets fixed in time. It would be nice to come home with something, but I've learned when you start looking in a new area there's always a learning curve, so if I get skunked it won't hurt that much. Anybody got any tips when heading into a new place? I'll keep the confidence high and my coil on the ground, maybe I'll be lucky to get my coil over a piece of gold.

Enjoy!

Del

Hi GB, yeah I thnk I'll go out and run this material through my drywasher though I will probably do a little bit of sampling to see if it's worht my time before I really get into it. It's been a little while since I fired mine up, but it's still fun to do from time to time. Good luck with your sluicing.

Del

Del,

Big or small, gold is gold. It is a very good idea to section off that area and drywash it. You never know what lurks down 2 or 3 feet.

Want to go to a new area come on out this way and hit the blackjack. Bring your drywasher too. The weather has been nice.

Ol'29er

Del,

Big or small, gold is gold. It is a very good idea to section off that area and drywash it. You never know what lurks down 2 or 3 feet.

Want to go to a new area come on out this way and hit the blackjack. Bring your drywasher too. The weather has been nice.

Ol'29er

Yeah Bob, I'll run it through the drywasher, it will probably take me a few days to run all the material. I figure there has to be something good if I'm finding them this small. As for hitting Blackjack, I'll definately be taking you up on that offer :;): Good luck with your surgery and take it easy because we all want to see you come through this with no complications this time around.

Del