Nugget Shooter Forums

Nice Speciman Score!

Paseclipse

My streak keeps going, though this weekend I came darn close to ending it before I found this 12.6 dwt (0.63 oz) speciman with my SD2100-

126dwt_nugget.jpg

Here's the hole I dug for it-

126dwt_nugget_dig_hole.jpg

It was 14"-16" deep... don't worry the hole was filled in.

Boy I was happy to get this one!! I came pretty close to going home without one... thats five weekends in a row I've scored gold!

Enjoy!

Del

Wow, Del...WTG!!!!!! I guess the market price on those sd2100 Baboos just keep goin' up, huh???? :whoopie: That's a very nice nugget!!!! That's some weirdass lookin' funky ground...Sure doesn't look "goldish", but you can't argue with that beauty...It actually looks like the funky grey & hot ground I was working and finding very similar gold... Cheers, Unc

Thanks for the responses guys. Ron the ground in this area is pretty mellow with the occasional piece of basalt. Since I've hunted Franconia so much I know exactly what basalt sounds like so it's not a problem. Fred I'm happy hunting both gold and meteorites because the thrill of finding a nice gold nugget is the same as finding a nice meteorite. I just love metal detecting and unfortunately here in California we don't have a strewnfield like Franconia or Gold Basin that you can hunt with a detector so I guess I have to settle for hunting gold instead of meteorites out here. Funny thing is I never thought I would do this decent with gold, but it looks like I'm starting to get the hang of it. :icon_mrgreen:

Del

Del,

That is one nice piece of gold. It was good meeting you Friday night and was glad you were able to make it.

Ol'29er

Del,

That is one nice piece of gold. It was good meeting you Friday night and was glad you were able to make it.

Ol'29er

Hi Bob it was an honor meeting you at the meeting on Friday. You did a really good job informing the club about the Dale district and I thank you for that. Your speech must have motivated me to find this specie and I thank you for that. I read your post in the Gold Prospecting forum, take it easy and heal up so I can learn something from you at the If I Can outing.

What camera ?

Hey Max, I use a Canon SD1000 and touch my pictures up with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Ben- Lookin forward to seeing you and Erik at the NS outing!

Others- greybeard Sorry buddy, I'm a little hessitant to loan out a 4000 dollar detector. Martin, thats actually an 11" coil.

Thanks for the post guys, I hope you all enjoyed! I got a three day weekend coming up and I'm hoping to find some more. I'll keep you all posted.

Del