Nugget Shooter Forums

RoadRunners meeting

Gilaoro

The young man, Mr Haderly who had posted yesterday on the Gold basin get togather attended the RR meeting last nite at my invite and will be joining and making for sure the GoldBasin trip. I assured him that he will never meet a more sharing/caring group than a bunch of crazy gold prospectors and that if it was not a totaly enjoyable experince then he was brain dead!

I had a couple of oldtimers with me and we all told him Lies,, I mean stories. i am not sure he didn't take some of them with a grain of salt but some of you may remember the story printed in the Birdtailings news letter in the 1990,s written by long time member and board member of the RRs Paul Yelton of a trip that he and I made to old Mexico to search for some old spanish mines, this trip was the result of an outing where the idle talk around the campfire and L-stories led to us taking the plunge and a 3 day burro trip into the back side of the Serria Nevadas at the back side of the Copper Canyon country after traveling 1000 miles.

I have always had high hopes that someday someone would find and return all the 35mm film in canisters that we lost when the pack train ran away and scattered all of our gear through the jungle on a 45 degree slope in a thorn thicket on a mountain side, I can swear the truth to one thing, dry goat cheese on stale tortillias is damm good food when you are 1000 highway miles and 60 goat trail miles from the Golden Arches and have nothing else!

We arrived back in AZ at 3AM after 10 days and hit the GA for a Big Mack and fries, guess what ?? Both of us got sick!!

Looking forward to the Gold Basin outing and meeting old and new friends a hearing those super came fire tales!!

It was the first RR meeting I had been able to attend in 13 years and I was a little surprised that there was a lot of old foggies like me still around!

The pictures are some that we did save and I will have the copy of the book at the outing, it was never published other than an abreviated form in the Birdtailings if anyone wants to read a comedy.

See YA There!

Max in Morristown

post-7251-1221861488_thumb.jpg

post-7251-1221861520_thumb.jpg

post-7251-1221861540_thumb.jpg

post-7251-1221861581_thumb.jpg

post-7251-1221861615_thumb.jpg

The young man, Mr Haderly who had posted yesterday on the Gold basin get togather attended the RR meeting last nite at my invite and will be joining and making for sure the GoldBasin trip.

Max

I appreciated you inviting me to the meeting and it was very interesting. I hope to join soon and I am looking forward to the Gold Basin outing.

My dad’s side of the family are commercial fisherman so I have heard my far share of fish stories. I have learned that when an old fisherman or prospector is talking you best keep your mouth shut and listen. Some of the things you hear may be tall tales but the information interwoven into the stories can be invaluable. Based on what I have read on this forum I would bet that if someone starts talking nonsense there will be someone their to kindly set the record straight.

Max,

I was at the meeting also. What was your take on what the Sheriff Deputies had to say about us not being able to use trails that do not have posted signs?

OldSalt,

I posted the subject over on Rods site and no one beleived me at first, Rod posted some links to the actual ordances and cleared it up somewhat! But the guy we lisenend too was pretty plain that he at least would agressively enforce it even on mining claims, I understood him to say that if the state law passed this year you would NOT be able use roads or trails that where not designated by the owner/agency. Someone wanted to know my politcal affilation and PO me! I have been very busy with DRs and not able to go check those roads at LSD that where mentioned.

The links are posted on Rods site and seem to be very clear, the sheriff did not mention the announcement about supending all ORV activity at certain times. The sheriff also as I understood it said " A MC endorsement is required to ride a QUAD." & "A RV lisence plate is no good to prove ownership" & "ORV,s must be street legal and lisensed as such when operated on anything but private property" This is what I heard him say!!

The one guy who wanted to argue with him had already got his Quad put into 30 day impound & another one seated near me had his inpounded at White Tanks for being off trail in to State Land.

We will see what we will see!

Max

Max,

I was at the meeting also. What was your take on what the Sheriff Deputies had to say about us not being able to use trails that do not have posted signs?

OldSalt,

I posted the subject over on Rods site and no one beleived me at first, Rod posted some links to the actual ordances and cleared it up somewhat! But the guy we lisenend too was pretty plain that he at least would agressively enforce it even on mining claims, I understood him to say that if the state law passed this year you would NOT be able use roads or trails that where not designated by the owner/agency. Someone wanted to know my politcal affilation and PO me! I have been very busy with DRs and not able to go check those roads at LSD that where mentioned.

The links are posted on Rods site and seem to be very clear, the sheriff did not mention the announcement about supending all ORV activity at certain times. The sheriff also as I understood it said " A MC endorsement is required to ride a QUAD." & "A RV lisence plate is no good to prove ownership" & "ORV,s must be street legal and lisensed as such when operated on anything but private property" This is what I heard him say!!

The one guy who wanted to argue with him had already got his Quad put into 30 day impound & another one seated near me had his inpounded at White Tanks for being off trail in to State Land.

We will see what we will see!

Max

I still can't get over that they can pass these new laws without the public knowing about it. However, if you do some digging you can see new proposed legislation, etc. I guess I will need to start checking that weekly. I already write my rep at least once per month. I will check out the info on Rod's site. Thanks.