Nugget Shooter Forums
wyldkatt7

Gold-eating Plants............

Hey People.........

Hope you're having a good day...............

If not, maybe some reading might help...

Personally I've been doing some checking up on "Geobotanical and Geochemical Prospecting" for a little while now,

so I thought I'd share this tidbit of info, because we ALL could use some extra help lookin' fer th' yeller...........

This is a TIME article from 1941.............about gold-eating plants..................................cool huh?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,851097,00.html

This link will show you the counties in your state where it grows........USA anyway....................sorry Garimpo.

for us here in AZ., it clearly shows that it grows along our gold-belt.............that amazes me........personally.

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=EQAR

keep those eyes on the ground ya'll................................enjoy!!

~wyld~

4 1/2 ozs. to the T.

are you in?

Yep pretty neat. I have seen a more detailed or extensive article before and will try to locate it and post it.

~wyld~...your the forum example of what happens when you stay out in the sun to long without

your hat or ball cap...save yourself by doing this....find a shade (hard to do in the desert)...drink

a couple of bottles of Gatoraid...listen to some soothing music and relax....when the double

vision clears up....the legs function without "wabbleing".....and you suddenly remember your still

sitting in your recliner in front of the TV....go to bed....everything will be better in the morning...

I can see it all now... The forest service pulls me over with a load of horse tail in my Rhino and says whats up.. I tell them I figure I have about 1oz. of gold in this 500# of horse tail...

I just hope JohnB will bring me some cigs while I am weaving baskets in the looney bin.. Oh never mind, they don't allow smoking in the looney bin any more!

Bunk

I think its cool-- :innocent0002: some of the other fellows can't see it :hmmmmmm:

I thought it was cool also, and I know the old timers looked for vegatation anomaleys to make some good strikes in days gone passed and I have heard of horse tail being something to look for when you are looking for gold.

I was just trying to be funny. The new age forest service treats you like you commited murder if one blade of grass is harmed in the presuit of mining activities up here around Prescott.

I found a spot last year that the scrub oak had been pruned a long time ago so it could be metel detected and I am sure if the forest service found this spot there would be an investagation as to who did it. I did find 3 small nuggets at this spot.

Bunk

Bunk ... That is called accessory after the fact! :tisc-tisc: The FS will be calling on you soon! :laught16:

:coffeetime:

Mike F

Hey People.........

Hope you're having a good day...............

If not, maybe some reading might help...

Personally I've been doing some checking up on "Geobotanical and Geochemical Prospecting" for a little while now,

so I thought I'd share this tidbit of info, because we ALL could use some extra help lookin' fer th' yeller...........

This is a TIME article from 1941.............about gold-eating plants..................................cool huh?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,851097,00.html

This link will show you the counties in your state where it grows........USA anyway....................sorry Garimpo.

for us here in AZ., it clearly shows that it grows along our gold-belt.............that amazes me........personally.

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=EQAR

keep those eyes on the ground ya'll................................enjoy!!

~wyld~

4 1/2 ozs. to the T.

are you in?

Hi All, I thought that was an interesting article! I also have heard pitcher plants were a good indicator of gold. Has anyone else heard this or is it bunk?

Milo

Very interesting article and I've seen similar ones in the past but it makes me wonder how you would process large quantities to recover the gold. Probably have to reduce it to ashes - then what? Mercury? Cyanide? Aqua Regia? You'd probably have to develop your own method since they probably used only a spectrograph to detect it in the plant itself. Trying to refine it would be a whole different ballgame.

Steve

Hi All, I thought that was an interesting article! I also have heard pitcher plants were a good indicator of gold. Has anyone else heard this or is it bunk?

Milo

Milo,

Alot of the old-timers used plants as an indicator for gold. Each area is different and the pitcher plants were used alot in my area.

Ol'29er

I was taught a long time ago to look for gold in areas that have horsetail plants growing. Never though they could absorb gold, but I know where much is growing and will collect some next year to give this a try.