Nugget Shooter Forums

Summer of Gold!

Paseclipse

Boy I don't get to post on this part of the forum very often since I'm usually out hunting for Space Rocks. Unfortunately I'm in a slump right now and I needed a little break so I decided to go hunting for a little bit of the yellow stuff this summer and I'm glad I did!

After getting the crap beat out of me by the sun and profusely sweating my butt off in 100+ degree heat, I managed to earn myself six nuggets this summer. Here's a pic of them on the scale after clean up-

Gold.jpg

The weights- 0.010oz (0.2dwt), 0.030oz (0.6dwt), 0.12oz, 0.17oz, 0.45oz, 1.5 Oz's; 6 nuggets totaling 2.27 Oz's

The 1/8 Ozer started this all last June, and the other five I found the last three weekends. My best day ever was yesterday (Sunday) when I almost popped out 2 oz's (1.95oz) with the 0.45 and 1.5 Oz nuggets. :woohoo:

Of course I had to throw in a picture of the hole I dug for the 1.5 Ozer. :postdigger:

Second_Hole.jpg

16"-18" deep! Don't worry... I filled it in.

Everything was found with an old Army green ML SD2100 equipped with an 11" mono coil that I scored from a guy off of Craigslist for 400 bucks (minus the coil). My 4000 is at Minelab right now for a minor repair, so I've been using the SD2100 as a backup. I have to say I'm looking forward to covering everything again when I get my 4000 back though that old SD definitely earned my respect!

This was a lot of hard work and effort! After a couple years of putting my time in out in the field I finally earned some good sized nuggets! :cool:

Del

Those are amazing finds, Del...Way to go...It's amazing when you get locked down and into a good patch...That happened to me earlier this year where everything I found was a 1/4 ozt. or bigger...Spoils a guy bigtime...The SD2100 is a machine that achieved the apex of minelab's technology....The latest and greatest has only some small improvements, when you get right down to it, and has a big performance hole at an important spot...Congratulations...Cheers, Unc

Del, I'd take a closer look at those suspect rocks. I don't see any of the usual signs of ablation, or fusion crust. I'm guessing they are probably not magnetic either. You might want to grind a window or even better yet, let me classify them for you. :innocent0009: :laught16: That is one amazing haul!!!! :Huh_anim]: I have yet to find one piece of gold with my machine, and you found it with a back-up SD. Great for you!!!! I hope to do some detecting one of these days, it's been too many months now and not sure my schedule will cooperate in the future. Congrats!!!!

Jason :;):

WTG Del, :whoopie: :wubu: .......... Bet that put a big grin on your face. Those will go along way in paying for all those space rock trips. You want to be careful though, you will give your detectors a split personality if hunting for both space rocks and gold with them. Might want to use one for meteorites and the other for gold. :laught16:

Jim

DUDE!

What can I say but WOW!

Nice finds.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Ron I gotta thank you for the suggestions you gave me over on Robs forum for the Pocket Rocket System and signal enhancer combo, it's a deadly combination. I also read some suggestions you made to Couger Jim (I'm really hoping he sees this post) for setting up his SD2100 and I followed them. What you see above is the results of following your advice! Thanks!

Jim- I think I've got "perma-grin" after finding these, the muscles in my face are starting to feel fatiqued. :laught16: There's also the loss of sleep and appetite that goes with gold fever! I can't imagine how much money I've spent in my quest for space rocks but the thrill and excitment of finding gold AND meteorites is the greatest and can never be put that into a dollar value. Your another person I need to thank also, you turning me onto hunting the small Franconia irons really trained my ears to listen for faint signals. I think I just might have to take your advice and keep the 4000 for hunting space rocks and the SD2100 for hunting gold. I'm gonna try and figure out the equivalent settings on my 4000 for the SD2100 though.

Frank- Yeah I think it may be iron/red stained quartz on the larger one. The quartz in it appears to be mostly on the outside because feeling the density you can tell there's a lot of gold in it. I have to figure out how to calculate exactly how much gold is in it then I'll know.

Jason- your a funny guy! I have to admit, it's a little different finding non-black/magnetic rocks!

Everyone Else- Thanks for the responses guys a lot of hard work, effort, and patience is finally starting to pay off! I'm really gratefull for my finds and I'm going to ride this streak for as long as I can.

Del

Ben, Birddog, Harry, and Mike, thanks for the repsonses guys. I still can't believe I popped out nuggets like this! Boy I can't wait until it cools down so I can put in full day in swingin out there. :icon_mrgreen:

Del