Nugget Shooter Forums

A couple of buckets

Allen in MT

Pulled a couple of buckets of material in this limestone bedrock. Took it home to run in my little 3 bucket circulating sluice and what is in the pan is what came out of 2-5 gallon buckets. One photo shows cleaning off a point and the other is cleaning out a pocket in the bedrock, another picture shows the general area we were sampeling. Now I have 2 more buckets to pan out to see if it is worth taking the highbanker up to run.

enjoy

Allen in MT Gh.D

post-227-1219969520_thumb.jpg

post-227-1219969537_thumb.jpg

post-227-1219969564_thumb.jpg

post-227-1219969580_thumb.jpg

post-227-1219969592_thumb.jpg

Great pictures and that looks like a decent bit of gold too.

Nice find! Not sure how far you got to haul all your stuff but it sure looks like a nice spot! Did you try running a small coil over some of those pockets before scooping it out?

The gold showen in the pan all came from the rock outcrop in the 1st picture, we went back to clean it up and got 2 more buckets to run. We then took some sample to run from the hole in the 2nd pic.

No we didn't run a small coil over this at this time.

There is a dam about 300 yards up hill where we will set up highbanker and haul buckets of material in the truck or 4-wheeler. This area has been mined up to these rocks and around them. There used to be a ground sluice 100 years ago up on top of the bank and is still some remnents of the wood. It is just good to get out now and then to play around.

Allen in MT Gh.D

Allen would it be possible to make a catch basin below the area where you found the gold...then

pump water from the dam above to wash out the cons and set up your highbanker in the catch

basin below?....a good way for big boys to play...thanks for sharing the pics...

Guest Potholes Bob-NM

Very nice Allen!

I kind of miss my dry washing , slucing, and panning, sure was exciting to see what was under that black sand in my pan!

Still have my trusty old Keene 150...one of these days! LOL!

Potholes

Guest Potholes Bob-NM

I wonder, do they still make the "Micro Sluice" ? This was a very nifty sluice that had wooden slotted legs that allowed you to position it over your pail( I used a 10 gallon horse watering pail). I t operated of of 12VDC and really made quick work of your dry washer fines! I went through two of them in the 80s!

Potholes Bob