Nugget Shooter Forums

Metal Detecting along the Beeline

AZBO

I'm a newbie here and have been lurking and enjoying your posts !!! I bought my first metal detector just a few months ago. A used White's gold master II and I joined the GPAA... O>K> I'm hooked now! I just now have the time now to swing it in a few washes along the beeline near the Four Peaks area. There are hundreds of EXPIRED placer/lode claims going back to the 1980's, but no new ones according to the BLM/GEO communicator web-site. Does anyone know if anyone ever had any sucess years back in this area? or is it best to head on up higher and work a GPAA claim near RYE and oxbow estates . I love the scenery and enjoy just being outdoors. I'm so new that even finding a small bullet a foot underground is exciting!!!! but I'd really like to report back with my first nugget instead of old bullets and shell casings. Cheers ! AZBO

Welome aboard. I am not familiar with your area but: The Geocommunicator is not the best tool for researching claim info. Best to go to the county recorders office or BLM office to find out if there are any valid claims in your area