Nugget Shooter Forums

24K GOLD NUGGETS

Earl

I have heard some rumors that some people are talking down the 24K Gold Hunters claims. These claims are still, and will be for years to come, some of the best producers of coarse placer gold in Arizona. The main reasons why I like the Devil’s Nest claims is that there are large nuggets all the way down the alluvial fan. There are some pockets as well as lone multi ouncers. I have concentrated my hunting to these claims for the past couple of months and have had a good run of nuggets lately. The more I hunt these claims the more I realize that there is a lot of gold left to be found. It takes work though. Don’t think that your detector is going to do all the work for you. A detector is just a tool, like your pick or shovel. More gold has been found with a shovel than with a detector. I do the opposite of most, I dig then detect. This has put some nice nuggets in my poke.

This last week I found a troy ounce of gold nuggets on the 24K Gold Hunters Claims. On Monday last week, I found a 6 pennyweight slug. Then on Wednesday I found a 3 pennyweight piece. On Friday I found a pocket with 6 nuggets in it 12 pennyweight total (one was another 6 pennyweight piece). It has been kind a lonely there lately though. I usually only see Charlie out there digging in his hole. I hope my run of luck lasts for a couple more weeks. I keep in mind that these claims might not be available for us to hunt someday, so I want to get what I can when I can. Hope to see some of you on the claims this fall. Here are some pictures of the nuggets I have found lately on the 24K claims.

http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp264/earl42564/

Way to go Earl. NICE nuggets! Most of the members wait for the bulldozer but I've done a little digging up there myself. I'm glad to hear that Charlie is back and digging in his mine. He doesn't talk much about it but you know he's finding something.

Earl,Nice nuggets.Glad to hear that Charlie is back. I don,t belong to the 24 k so tell Charlie to toss a few pieces of that yellow metal up the hill on the WSPA claim. I'll be there later this fall kookin for em. :laught16::laught16:

Harry

Nice Nugs!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anyone ever do any drywashing up on the 24K claims??? If so, are they drywashing the push material or in the washes??? Might try to get up that way during my Christmas break...........

rluckadoo,

You can dry wash on the pushes or off them if you are a 24K member...............as long as you haven't had rain to make the soil damp

wonderer

Thanks for all the attaboys. I have just touched the tip of the iceburg (so to speak) on those claims. A lot of folks that have come before me have found lots more gold up there than I. As long as there is dirt and boulders laying up there, then there will still be gold. I believe the nicest/biggest nuggets have yet to be uncovered up there. Hope to see some of you all on the claims this winter.