Nugget Shooter Forums

Any thoughts on these

A friend of mine found these 4 rocks?? in a field about a 50 ft area, they are magnetic. apperently no others found and are different to the area, the one he cleaned up to have a closser look, I'm going to tell hil to file an end to see what it looks like inside...any guesses

Allen in MT

post-227-1219693132_thumb.jpg

post-227-1219693153_thumb.jpg

post-227-1219693167_thumb.jpg

Hello Allen in MT

I just sent Randy an E on his finds with 2 pics of a rather interesting find in my yard. You can check out the first page on my web site for the rest of the story. They look like mill balls from the past. I can't be 100% but they all look like the same size even with different shapes. I asked for a size indication and hopefully he will or you can post as I am interested in that as well.

Hope you had a good summer. I have moved to Chloride but hope to see you this fall.

Here are 2 pics of mine specimen.

Wayne

Rubin!! Great articule nice job. :whoopie:

post-1528-1219707520_thumb.jpg

post-1528-1219707573_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine found these 4 rocks?? in a field about a 50 ft area, they are magnetic. apperently no others found and are different to the area, the one he cleaned up to have a closser look, I'm going to tell hil to file an end to see what it looks like inside...any guesses

Allen in MT

Hi Allen, The specimens look very interesting. Looking forward to some pictures of there interior. You might have something there.

Jim

Guest bedrock bob

Yup, looks like balls to me.

Mill balls dont stay round very long. Also, they threw a lot of other stuff into the drum to pulverize (nuts, bolts, etc.) and these are often worn down to hardly recogniable blobs. They could have started life as pieces of drill or rod. I have cut miles of old drill for the pulverizer and they all look semi-round like this after a few months going around and around. Add a few decades of corrosion and viola!

The size is too uniform. Four in a row all about the same size. Must have fallen through that big classifier in the sky.

Bedrock Bob