Nugget Shooter Forums

falcon md 20

diggitdawg

hello all, i was wondering if anyone on forum has ever used the md 20 at 300khz i thought it would be a great backpack detector (14 oz.) for checking gravel benches etc.while locating material for the sluice. any thoughts or comments ? thank u all. p.s. ol 29er if u read this, im so stoked that u will be the speaker at the pcsc meeting again. really looking forward to it. diggitdawg

Ol 29r speaking ?? awesome where do I learn more about this!?!

Ol 29r speaking ?? awesome where do I learn more about this!?!

just got my news letter from pcsc, bob will be there at the sept. meeting wich is held on the last fri. of the month. at the downey womens center in downey ca.9813 paramount blv. and guests are allways wellcome. & yes bob is an awsome speaker & verry intertaining as well as informative. 8:00 pm you should make it u wont reget it. diggitdawg.

Bob's talk is on September 19th in Downey, 8PM. His subject is a particular portion of the Dale Mining District called the Pinto Placers, from the earliest times down to the present. He has written up an article which will be distributed at the talk, in color with a map. He is one of the best speakers around and when he gets going, everyone listens. It ought to be a memorable night.

Diggitdawg: I've used the Falcon (and still have it). This detector has its virtues and vices and is a specialty item meant only to supplement other equipment. Its virtues are undeniable, but are applicable only to a very narrow spectrum. Its vices can be exasperating, as with any highly specialized tool, and require much patience to overcome. VIRTUES: Probe-like smallness; ultra sensitivity to the smallest gold; ability to distinguish certain types of common materials. VICES: Extremely finicky and difficult to maintain proper balance; sudden, annoying screeches that seem to blow my eardrums out; so sensitive that moving the probe is very awkward if only because of the falsing induced by the wire leading from the probe to the unit. In sum, it is one of those items I could live without, but I keep it because from time to time it is just the right thing for checking samples -- especially hard rock ore samples or suspicious small stones that a standard detector can't quite figure out.

Diggitdawg: I've used the Falcon (and still have it). This detector has its virtues and vices and is a specialty item meant only to supplement other equipment. Its virtues are undeniable, but are applicable only to a very narrow spectrum. Its vices can be exasperating, as with any highly specialized tool, and require much patience to overcome. VIRTUES: Probe-like smallness; ultra sensitivity to the smallest gold; ability to distinguish certain types of common materials. VICES: Extremely finicky and difficult to maintain proper balance; sudden, annoying screeches that seem to blow my eardrums out; so sensitive that moving the probe is very awkward if only because of the falsing induced by the wire leading from the probe to the unit. In sum, it is one of those items I could live without, but I keep it because from time to time it is just the right thing for checking samples -- especially hard rock ore samples or suspicious small stones that a standard detector can't quite figure out.

i,m married, have kids, 2 cats now i just have to decide if i need another finicky item in my life :Huh_anim]: :confused0013: thanks martin really appriciate your input.