Nugget Shooter Forums

Free 24K Arizona Topo for Garmin GPS

DolanDave

Thanks Dave,

In General I like this map, I have the original version, but could not remember where it came from, I wanted to email the people that made it a screen shot and show them what was happening, but now wondering if the new version will fix it, but it seems to be just a little bit off, I have found many of the mines or similar landmarks shown on it and when I set it as a waypoint on my gps and then sync everything back on my computer, there always seem to be about the same distance off to the right and slightly down from the location shown on the map. Sometimes it can amount to being the next wash over though... A couple times from my paper maps I thought I should be on BLM land and this map is still showing me on State Trust land. Considering it is a free map, this is a very minimal problem and overall, much better to use than the maps that came with my Garmin! Seems like he is continually updating it as he finds problems too! This is also my first GPS unit and is an older model Garmin (Nuvi 200), it could be all with my unit too, That is part of what I wanted to ask them about...