Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab detectors

Since I had recent heart surgery, my dirt digging days may be over. But, I will be able to do detecting as long as I take my time and don't pick up any nuggets over 5 pounds.

My question has to do with Minelab detectors. From all I have read on this forum, I am leaning toward Minelab as my detector of choice. After some internet look'n, I noticed that the prices and the model numbers are about the same. SD2200, right at $2195, GPX 4000, right at $4000 and now the GPX4500 for just under $5000. Since the recent crash of the stock market, I'm looking more into the $2000 to $2500 price range for a great detector, but don't know what to buy. My Whites DFX "junk" detector is of no use to me for detecting gold. Shoot me some advice, recommendations and opinions. Gold Bug II???? The new Whites TDI???

Thanks

bill

"stuck in deming'

Since I had recent heart surgery, my dirt digging days may be over. But, I will be able to do detecting as long as I take my time and don't pick up any nuggets over 5 pounds.

My question has to do with Minelab detectors. From all I have read on this forum, I am leaning toward Minelab as my detector of choice. After some internet look'n, I noticed that the prices and the model numbers are about the same. SD2200, right at $2195, GPX 4000, right at $4000 and now the GPX4500 for just under $5000. Since the recent crash of the stock market, I'm looking more into the $2000 to $2500 price range for a great detector, but don't know what to buy. My Whites DFX "junk" detector is of no use to me for detecting gold. Shoot me some advice, recommendations and opinions. Gold Bug II???? The new Whites TDI???

Thanks

bill

"stuck in deming'

hi billy if you look around you can pick a nice used 4000 around 2800 2900 just because they are buying the 4500 so right now is the time to pick up one before they are gone happy finding

LON