Nugget Shooter Forums

SoCal Hunting 8-2/8-3

MrLuckey

I'm planning on going near Randsburg for some detecting if any other GPAA members want to join me. I'll probably be there before noon on Saturday and will probably spend the night and hunt Sunday also.

That's in the general area where I'll be. I'm hoping to hunt "first chance" and "Close One". I'm used to riding/racing dirt bikes out there so it'll feel nice and cool to me haha. I'll be in a silver tundra most likely pulling a small enclosed black trailer.

Howdy guys... just wondering about what happened... your adventures?

tailgate

Musta been good if thier not talkin!

jagdoctor1... Good thought... Positive thinking. We can only wish them well...

Hey guys, I wish we were being quiet about our trip because our big finds lol but MrLuckey canceled so I never went out. I will be going this Sunday (8-10-08). If anyone else wants to join me- just send me a PM. :icon_mrgreen:

Well DigDeep... My Best Wishes... Let us know how Ya' did.

As a point of information, there is a club who has a claim in

the general area where you will be... Antelope Valley group

who meet monthly in Lancaster.

Thanks Jim, I will check that group out, and I will see you at the next GPAA meeting in Highland. Also plans got changed again and my partner canceled so I won't be going out to the Randsburg area. I will be going out to Rattlesnake Canyon instead, It's quite a bit cooler anyways should be in the high 80's.

If anyone wants to meet up with me send me a PM...

Yeah I'm glad I got ahold of you before you went up there, I went out there on Saturday and intended to spend the night but being alone and in a 2wd truck I didn't want to try driving up the wash, I crossed it but once the road and the wash became one and the same I decided it wasn't best to attempt it alone. It was well over 100 deg. I ended hiking quite a ways and just exploring the area but didn't even end up hiking all the way to the claims. Once I get a jeep, quad or can hitch a ride the last few miles I definitely want to get up there.

Jack Leuf and I as members were at an association claim in Rattlesnake a year ago

last July... we went over a weekend... Jack was driving and suddenly we bogged

down... We needed to put my ol 79 F-150 in 4-wheel drive. Jack walked into the

wilderness area and found a small nugget with his Gold Bug-2.