Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab 2100 question?

I just bought my first Minelab detector, the 2100 old green box and I outfitted it with a Coiltek Pocket Rocket and with Doc's Gold Screamer. Also got the Black Widow head phones.

The problem is, it seems less stable than it was without the Gold Screamer enhancer. Is it so much more sensitive that it picks up more interference? or I just don't know how to adjust it?

Should I turn the volume on the enhancer all the way up or what? The only way I have tried it is with the volume wide open.

I would appreciate any advice from you Minelab pros. :confused0013:

Jim

Yo Jim...I have found that turning the enhancer down about 15% or so, just below the static sound, then turning my BW's one click off of the highest works best for me...Also, turn your threshold down to where it is just barely hearable, or a tad less...It goes deep and is sensitive, while drowning out the ground noise alot... Also, make extra certain that all your connections are super tight on all cables, including the coil, and all the connections between battery, enhancer and control box...And I mean really tight!!! ... You'll be beatin' sox off these newby expensive boxess.... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: Cheers, Unc

Right on the connections Unc, and if lose you'll get a lot of noise... Let me know when you want to let me and my fancy box into that patch I caught you in a couple months back...um...so you can beat the pants off me. For experimental purposes only don't ya know.... :innocent0009:

Bill

Hi Ron, thanks for the reply.

I am testing at home but I live way out of town. There is power lines with a transformer about 100 ft from where I was testing. Maybe that was the problem, I will have to take it further away and try it.

Thanks for the reply. I will try your suggestions.

Jim

Hi Bill glad to see you postin again and I know you never beep around the "V" so where did you see Ron :idea: :ziplip: --I keep buggin Ron to let me try his patch for any crumbs he missed and no invites yet :innocent0009: I think he's scared :yikes: Heck Ron I'll I have is an old obsolete 4000 :headphones: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hey Billy & Mike...I'm waitin' for someone to loan me a 4500 for a day to go in and pull the other 5 OZ. I'm sure my ol' decrepitated 2100 missed...Below's a portion of what it found, so far...All deep around 15" or so except for the first 1 dwt that turned me on to the patch.... :laught16::laught16: :icon_mrgreen: ...Cheers, Unc

post-9-1217471032_thumb.jpg

post-9-1217471226_thumb.jpg