Nugget Shooter Forums

New Nevada find 16.5 kilos

Aloha,

Nice Stoney find there dude! :laught16: Are you going to slice off a chunk and send it in for classification? :Huh_anim]:

Me, I would rather just let sleeping dogs lie! :innocent0009: If he/she keeps on staring at that cube at that range you might have a crossed eyed specimen.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha,

Nice Stoney find there dude! :laught16: Are you going to slice off a chunk and send it in for classification? :Huh_anim]:

Me, I would rather just let sleeping dogs lie! :innocent0009: If he/she keeps on staring at that cube at that range you might have a crossed eyed specimen.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi All,

The first time he tried to eat the cube. I could have found it with the new detector a couple days later. :icon_mrgreen:

Sonny

Hi Sonny,

Careful not to step on any of those "SOFT" meteorites left in your back yard! :icon_mrgreen: :laught16:

Hi Roger,

I have already started to find the new meteorites. It will be tough to find anyone to classify them! :laught16:

Sonny

Guest bedrock bob

Wow! What a find! I also have one quite similar. He is an achrondite (we had his chrondules removed) and he has a nice black fusion crust. When riding in the back of the pickup he is definitely oriented!

Bedrock Bob

Hi Sonny, some great spooky finds :tisc-tisc:

I've noticed in a lot of your photo's the dog's are sleeping, hummm :innocent0009:

Also, great video..... at least the kitty was alive and moving, See, not all the ladies give you the silent treatment :laught16:

I just came back from Nevada, Carson City area. My Son, Christopher, was married on Friday, Aug. 1st, I passed a lot of nice areas I'd like to hunt. Have you ever hunted the Death Valley area ???

best wishes and happy hunting, jim "bones" :coffeetime:

Hi Sonny, some great spooky finds :tisc-tisc:

I've noticed in a lot of your photo's the dog's are sleeping, hummm :innocent0009:

Also, great video..... at least the kitty was alive and moving, See, not all the ladies give you the silent treatment :laught16:

I just came back from Nevada, Carson City area. My Son, Christopher, was married on Friday, Aug. 1st, I passed a lot of nice areas I'd like to hunt. Have you ever hunted the Death Valley area ???

best wishes and happy hunting, jim "bones" :coffeetime:

Hi Jim,

I have spent a lot of time through this area. I have hunted on the Northern Nevada side of Death Valley down to the southern tip into California. The area is untouched and should hold many meteorites. I would stay off the park! All the lake beds through Southern California, Nevada, and Arizona should still have meteorites on them. I have a story that I'm currently working on from this area that should be out later this year, with pictures and everything. Many of the areas have been hunted before. A friend and I were hunting an area for years and made numerous finds and thought we picked up most of the meteorites. We told a good friend about the area and he was lucky enough to find a large meteorite, 19 + pounds that was broken into many pieces. But wait it gets better, he called and told us the good news . We went out to the area and he found another smaller complete meteorite before I could unload my equipment. From the classification work, the meteorites are paired to our previous finds. It just shows you that many areas that have been hunted before still have meteorites waiting to be found.

Sonny

Thanks for the info Sonny. I'll check some of the areas this Fall. I'll let you know how it goes.

My buddy and I are planing on flying in to the areas. I'll do a photo shoot and small story on it as well. We're first going to check out New Mexico's dry lake's.... :coffeetime:

happy hunting, jim "bones" :outtahere:

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the info Sonny. I'll check some of the areas this Fall. I'll let you know how it goes.

My buddy and I are planing on flying in to the areas. I'll do a photo shoot and small story on it as well. We're first going to check out New Mexico's dry lake's.... :coffeetime:

happy hunting, jim "bones" :outtahere:

I'd check if I lived closer that's for sure!

darn Sonny, i just checked out your page, and all i gotta say is, :bowdown: .

You're the man! I need to come hunt with you! I don't have any dry lakes near me, but they sure do seem to make excellent hunting grounds.

Rocco