Nugget Shooter Forums

gas is really less than 20 cents a gallon.......

Hey everyone........

Since we're all bummed out about the economy, and the govt., and such........

Here's a little something to turn you into a "coin shooter".......

The words “one dollar” is inscribed on both the coin and the paper, yet the paper dollar will only pay for about one quart of gasoline at today’s prices, while the silver dollar will pay for well over five gallons. It makes no difference how high the price of gasoline goes, a silver dollar will continue to buy gas for 20 cents a gallon, exactly the price gas was during the Great Depression. Based on 1940 prices, a paper dollar is worth about two pennies.

Today in America, we are being systematically robbed of our property because we have allowed the Federal Reserve to flood our banks with fiat, worthless paper money. There is actually a law against paper money but nobody seems to know about it. The Supreme law of the land is the US Constitution, which stated in Article I Section 10: Individual states are “not allowed to make any things but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts.” The Constitution also states that “Congress has the power to COIN money and regulate the value thereof.” Our Founding Fathers knew how a central bank printing paper money would collapse our economy. Had we followed the US Constitution to the full letter of the law, gasoline would still be 20 cents a gallon. As the dollar continues to lose value we say our currency has lost its purchasing power. It should be more properly referred to as embezzlement by the banking industry.

I'm just sayin'.............................lots o' silver dollars out there folks..................... :twocents: ~wyld~

I also read that you can look back and historically one ounce of gold would buy approximately 10 barrels of oil for may years now. It has been somewhat inflated recently, but when gold hit $1000 an ounce the first time, very close to the same time oil was hitting $100 a barrel.

Hey everyone........

Since we're all bummed out about the economy, and the govt., and such........

The words “one dollar” is inscribed on both the coin and the paper, yet the paper dollar will only pay for about one quart of gasoline at today’s prices, while the silver dollar will pay for well over five gallons. It makes no difference how high the price of gasoline goes, a silver dollar will continue to buy gas for 20 cents a gallon, exactly the price gas was during the Great Depression. Based on 1940 prices, a paper dollar is worth about two pennies.

wyld...

Don't know if I'm agree'n with your thinking, but then when ya gets a little older, some things need more processing. I looked in my wallet and just happened to find a "one dollar bill." Then I went in the other room and picked up and old "silver dollar" They both say the same thing...One Dollar. Ya take either one to the bank for change and ya gonna get 4 quarters. No more. So's, by what you said, I can now go to the gas station and pay only 4 quarters for 5 gallons of gas. What the hell station you go to and get gas for .20

cents a gallon. Back in the 50's I was buying gas for $.15 to $.25 a gallon and usually with change since a dollar bill was hard to come by for a teenager with no job and lazy.

Just messing with ya about the silver dollar. But always remember, that if it says "one dollar", that's what it's worth.

bill

"stuck in deming"

Here's a thought I just had... I've heard in a few news stories about how the government wants to stop making the penny because the metal in them alone is worth more than a pennny and the labor costs too. So I figure if there losing money making us pennies then We are losing money when they are making us pennies. Wonder how many millions could be put into the economy by stopping the production and selling off the metal they are using... Just a random thought along the lines of the thread,.

Only if it's "coinage".............so say the "Constitution"...........NOT paper.......

Now Wyld, ya done went and made me disagree at ya again. After read'n what ya said, I went downtown and got me a handfull of change for a $10 bill (paper). Then I took it back home and commenced to count'n what they gave me. There was quarters, nickels and dimes and all that change (coinage)added up to exactly $10. I don't reckon I'm gett'n what ya mean. :grrr01:

bill

"stuck in deming'

Hey everyone........

Wyld,

I am trying to figure out how a silver dollar would pay for 5 gallons of gas at todays prices. The melt value of a silver dollar today is $13.38, the price of 5 gallons of gas at approximately $4.00 a gallon would be $25. This is all based on the intrinsic value of the coin, most all gas stations as well as banks would look at the silver dollar as $1, which would buy you 1 quart of gas. Now on the other hand, suppose that you have a silver dollar that has some numismatic value and you are successful at selling it for book or auction value, then you may have somewhere between $13.38 (melt value) and $1,815,000.00 (Highest price ever paid for a silver dollar) ...........$13.38 will buy you 3 and 1/3 gallons of gas. $1,815,000.00 will almost fill the tank on a Hummer... :laught16:

Pay no attention to Billy Bob, he probably didn`t even notice that the bank gave him several 90% silver coins in change and with the dime being worth $1.25 melt and a quarter being worth $3.13 melt value, this would really mess up his mind. Just joshin BB....... :laught16: :;):

Jim

Pay no attention to Billy Bob, he probably didn`t even notice that the bank gave him several 90% silver coins in change and with the dime being worth $1.25 melt and a quarter being worth $3.13 melt value, this would really mess up his mind. Just joshin BB....... laught16.gif ;).gif

Jim

Ok Jim, ya got me a thinking that maybe all that change I got from the bank could be worth a bunch more if'n I was to melt it down. When I was a young feller, I use'ta melt lead what I picked up from the tire shop to make fish'n sinkers. Now, if I recall, it cost something like $2 worth of propane to melt 5# of lead. If'n you are follow'n my drift, lead is a little softer than silver, so I suspect, it's gonna take a bunch more heat to melt them quarters and dimes. And if'f it takes more heat, I'm gonna be needing a freak'n blast furnace and a gazillion btu thingys. :tisc-tisc: I'm a think'n it would be to my advantage to take face value instead of paying for a gazillion btu's :Huh_anim]: to melt $10 worth a change.

It's been fun twisting words and count'n my change. :whoopie:

bill

"stuck in deming'

Hey there Jim and Billy Bob...........

Maybe this can help present what I'm trying to bring across............Its very much to our benefit, to understand what this could

all mean.....cause guaranteed paper money is on its way out.......................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :twocents:

~wyld~

http://www.liberty-watch.com/volume03/issue08/coverstory.php

Hey there Jim and Billy Bob...........

Maybe this can help present what I'm trying to bring across............Its very much to our benefit, to understand what this could

all mean.....cause guaranteed paper money is on its way out.......................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :twocents:

~wyld~

http://www.liberty-watch.com/volume03/issue08/coverstory.php

wyld....I understand what you are trying to bring across :confused0013: ....the value of precious metals, such as gold and silver coinage, is much more than the stamped value set by the FR. As a matter of fact, I think everyone knows that. But the issue is "what is the value of one dollar", whether paper or coinage. A silver dollar melted to 1 oz. precious metal, has a value of right around $14, but that same silver dollar still has a monetary value of exactly "one dollar" buying power. As far as paper being on it's way out....that will never happen. Paper was used before the United States was The United States. I has been used throughout our history in this "new world" in the forms of "promissory notes", printed paper from other countries, up to what we have today, Federal Reserve Notes. No, I don't agree that paper will ever be a thing of the past. That's my quarters worth, which ain't worth a dime. :twocents:

bill

Sorry I didn't pay more attention in English class.......I should have put "guaranteed" in quotes...

Apparently, BB, the IRS believed the buying power was more than "face" value....

Not sure if you got a chance to read the whole article....... :coffeetime:

Silver certificates stated on them that the "bearer could demand silver in payment" for the certificates....

They got rid of those when they couldn't afford to back them up too..........

~wyld~

There was a recent IRS case in Colorado I think, where a man was paying his workers in gold coins. When tax time came each $5 coin was written as $5 in taxable income... The IRS claimed that these coins were in fact worth lots more than $5 because of the material value of the metal... Which was all and good but how could a dollar be worth a dollar if the paper is only worth pennies, the IRS agent was at a loss for words, they had been busted by their own logic... (I just noticed it was the linked article above and it was in Nevada). http://www.liberty-watch.com/volume03/issue08/coverstory.php

Really the deal isn't high oil prices it is the low dollar and the price of oil finally catching up with the other natural valuable resources...

Hell two copper pennies are worth more in melt value than a modern nickel is worth at face value!!!

Expect plastic pennies soon! :laught16: