Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
John B.

Needing Bait

Hi All

Bunk and Wife are headed down to Greaterville friday for the weekend hunt and some chigger bites :confused0013: !! I just hope they last the weekend and don't slip into comas from blood loss :tisc-tisc: !! I plan on spending saterday for sure with him and will probably spend sunday diggin chiggers outa his ass :Huh_anim]: . We hope to snag a nugget or 2 and hope the cows are on top of the new vegitation growth down there :hmmmmmm: . Doug , Mike and Gary might also show up to help feed the poor chiggars :laught16: . Gary is some of the best chiggar bait I ever had and hope he can make it :shrug: !! That will leave the rest of us with our blood levels up :unsure: !! Happy Huntin John B

John, I been taking vitiams all week that are garentied to build your blood up. Also been main lining Deep Woods Off with extra deet, should be all right!

Does it look like any rain out that way? See you Sat.

Bunk

Is there room for one more? :winking0011: Hi Bunk that area has been and is getting pounded by rain almost every

day for the past week or so but Friday and Saturday are looking pretty good so far.

Rich

Hi Rich

Yep !! I'll be down at Bunks camp off the gardiner canyon road around 7:00 I just hope he'll be awake :confused0013: !! But still waitnig to here from a few others who thought they might want to be bait :innocent0009: ?? Happy Huntin John B.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi John,

Maybe Scott and I could be the bait, besides why would any chiggers want somone with no meat on their skinny bones when they could have prime cut grade A beef cakes, they could starve to death if your using Mike and Gary as chigger bait!!! :laught16: I sent both my 4000 and my 2100 in for repairs last week, the 2100 had some problems and the 4000 had the on/off switch problem, so they should hopefully be back in a few days. I didn't want to get caught on a long trip somewhere and have 2 broken detectors! :PO3: I got a new pick I'm wanting to try and can't think of a better place to try it. :postdigger:

Guest Nuggethunting

Hey Goldstudmuffin,

You mean I don't get an invite? :confused0013: The last couple of times down there the rain has driven us off. The weather forcast showed rain this weekend, but maybe not down there.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Howdy All, last winter I was in the Greaterville area and woke up in the morning to 5 inches of that white stuff on the ground. Being from Mt. i didn't let it bother Me much as it melted real fast.When that red dirt gets wet it apply's itself to your ATV from end to end. When i got back to Mt. this spring I chiped the rock hard mud from My ATV and crushed it up and panned out 1/4 oz. of gold. Can't wait to get back to the Greaterville area again.

Harry :laught16::laught16::laught16:

JB and Crew

Cow manure works real well to keep the chiggers off of ya. Find a fresh cowpie (the fresher the better) and wipe it all over up to your waist. The draw back is that flies will be attracted to you. Pick your poison. :laught16: :laught16:

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi All,

I have trouble getting up for a hunt at Greaterville. I'm not sure why but when I spend 30 minutes digging a 2 foot hole I expect to see a big nugget at the bottom of the hole, :innocent0009: not a horseshoe or a rusty can! Somewhere along the line I got spoiled because where I usally hunt when I dig a 2 foot hole it's usally a nugget and I just haven't learned how to deal with the trash yet.

Hi Rob, if you'll leave your headphones at home and stake yourself to a chigger hill in your Fruit Of The Looms your invited!!! :brows: UPS came by today to deliver the detectors but I was out of town. They sould be here tomorrow!

Guest Nuggethunting

Hey Russ,

Not sure I can make it down there. I have a couple of GPX-4500 customers that I need to take out for field instructions. I might be able to take one of them down there with me.

Are you going to use your pointy finger? :WOW:

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Guest goldstudmuffin

Rob, the only patch I knew of now has a locked gate, John has it all cleaned up anyway! :innocent0002:

Anyone know of a Frys or Safeway on the e. side of town that I won't have to much trouble getting the great pumpkin and trailer into? [ 52' ]

I will be stoping at triple T to get water. Thanks,

Bunk

Hope youall have a great time and find some good gold that those chiggers are guarding...............wonderer

Anyone know of a Frys or Safeway on the e. side of town that I won't have to much trouble getting the great pumpkin and trailer into? [ 52' ]

I will be stoping at triple T to get water. Thanks,

Bunk

Help me out here guys, thanks.

Bunk

Hi Bunk,

There is a Fry's or Safeway on Irvington about 2 miles west of I-10. I think you have to take

the Palo Verde north exit once on Palo Verde get into the Left lane fairly quickly the first light is

Irvington.

Rich