Nugget Shooter Forums

How hot is the ground at Rye patch

I have bought a SD 2100 and am planning a trip to Rye Patch. What I would like to know is how hot the ground is there because I am going to buy a new coil.

I have a 8" and 11", I am going to buy a 14" Nugget Finder DD or Mono, round or elliptical.? depending on how hot the ground is and if the obstructions warrant an elliptical.

I am not going until the weather cools off some. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim

I never remember any noise there except some burnt bush stubbs. Vlf or minelab Mono coils are pretty quiet !! It's reasonably open ground and you can easily swing larger coils. I really like my 16 inch mono !! Happy Huntin John B.

Thanks John

That made up my mind. I think I will buy the round Mono.

By the way did you ever figure out how to post on my forum? You are on the member list and I PM ed you from the site.

Thanks again for the info on Rye Patch. I will probably go in September.

Right now the ground is about 100 :unsure: but it won't be long and it will be frozen. :yikes:

September should be just right for :icon_mrgreen: .

John B hit it right on the head. The ground is very quite compared to some places but be advised that not all the gold in that region sounds off under a Minelab. Some guys that hunt there won't use anything but a VLF.

Right now the ground is about 100 :unsure: but it won't be long and it will be frozen. :yikes:

September should be just right for :icon_mrgreen: .

John B hit it right on the head. The ground is very quite compared to some places but be advised that not all the gold in that region sounds off under a Minelab. Some guys that hunt there won't use anything but a VLF.

Hi Dakota Slim

I will have my trusty GM3 and MXT along with my SD2100. I figure if I tape em all together with some duct tape and use them all at the same time, maybe I can find something. :laught16:

Yea I think about September will be cool enough to be comfortable. Maybe some of you guy's will be there. I would like to meat some people from the forums. I plan on staying for a few weeks. I am retired and can stay as long as I please. :headphones:

Jim