Nugget Shooter Forums

Nice herd of venison ... I can just taste that good meat!

Hope you had a night scope for the coyotes!! I hunt them at night in the open season Jan-Mar in Maine. Lot's of fun close up with a shotgun. No lights other than moonlight. They are a very curious creatures but very alert. We have to use electronic calls and sit very still until they are within range ... within 40 yards. I figure for every one I shoot I have saved about 4 -5 deer a year from their jaws.

Mike F

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helo Bill;

Saw the memorial outing and sounds like fun. I am new to shooting and looking forward to getting some tips from the pros. Just put in for vacation that weekend and looking forward to camping out and making bisquits for the chilie.

See you then: :chowtime:

Nugget Grubber

Nugget Grubber,

You will enjoy the outing and it is a given that there will be plenty of experienced prospectors present that will give you all the tips that you need to succeed at this hobby. Looking forward to one of your bisquits to sop up the chili.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have an old metal detector that they would be willing to rent or loan for this outing? My father-in-law and I want to get into metal detecting but we do not have metal detectors yet. I have convinced my wife into letting me go on the outing but I was unsuccessful convincing her to let me buy a medal detector. I am already going on another trip to southern Oregon the first week of October to gold prospect which blew my hobby allotment. I do not care what kind of medal detector it is and as far as I would know it wouldn’t even need to work. I just want to go and absorb some knowledge from the experts and not be the only one standing around like a fool. Either way I will be there and hope to get to meet some you and expand my knowledge from just using highbankers and dredges.

I hope to make the outing. Its been a few years since I have seen the old gang. Some might not want to see my dog. Remember Bill that outing where Buck grabbed a moose burger???? If I come I will bring some good mystery meat appetizers!!! Heres my latest toy, got rid of a Baja Bug and got ths. Its got cold AC!!! And will go anywhere!!

Img0081.jpg

BobinNv, Yes I bring my wife and she is a better prospector that I am by far , I don't attend funcition where she is not welcome.

Haderly, I will have an extra coin machine for anyone who wants to get into the coin shoot, let me know if we need more and I will borrow some more to bring.

I got a coin machine you can use for the coin hunt....won't find much gold but it is great on coins

Azdigger and Gilaoro,

I really appreciate the offer. My father-in-law and I thought we would share a metal detector but if there are two available then even better. I am really looking forward to getting out in the desert to meeting new people. I grew up in Washington State and this is a whole new experience for me. Up until now I have had a hard time finding anyone that shares my same interest...especially living in the city. I am now researching some of the clubs to join and hope to find one with people as nice as the ones on this forum.

Casey Haderly

Haderly, here are the websites of the clubs I belong to and I can recommend all of them highly, of then all the Phoenix RoadRunners is the biggest and there meeting is tonight, details on the web page, hope you can make it and I will see you there.

http://roadrunnergold.com/

http://home.att.net/~desert-gold-diggers/

http://www.havasugoldseekers.com/

These are the top clubs in AZ and the USA.

Max

Azdigger and Gilaoro,

I really appreciate the offer. My father-in-law and I thought we would share a metal detector but if there are two available then even better. I am really looking forward to getting out in the desert to meeting new people. I grew up in Washington State and this is a whole new experience for me. Up until now I have had a hard time finding anyone that shares my same interest...especially living in the city. I am now researching some of the clubs to join and hope to find one with people as nice as the ones on this forum.

Casey Haderly

Well my luck is not holding again.....Looks like I ain't going to be able to make the outing after all.

Got some other things that are going to take up my time on them dates......Hope everyone has a great time and finds lots of goodies

BobinNv, Yes I bring my wife and she is a better prospector that I am by far , I don't attend funcition where she is not welcome.

Haderly, I will have an extra coin machine for anyone who wants to get into the coin shoot, let me know if we need more and I will borrow some more to bring.

Sounds like we are in the same boat Gilaoro, my wife is loves prospecting too. Its a wonderful way to spend time with the family. My wife and family want to go, so I think we will be there. I look forward to meeting everyone in person.

BobinNv,

Yep ,its hell when your wife finds more nuggets with your old detector than you do with a new one !!

Mine is still not mobile after knee surgery and complications so she may just come and be camp watcher and my chaprone but we are working hard to arrange it, this moving from a house to a MH and rebuilding the MH at the same time takes a lot of 18 hour days and its been between trips back to Yuma, 175 miles and Del Webb hospital 22 miles,

I need the time off! I have not even turned my GP-4000 on since I got it from Shep!

Attached picture with a few nuggets on the edge of the pic is all wifes 3 weeks finds,

Hope it cools off a little for the outing.

Max

Sounds like we are in the same boat Gilaoro, my wife is loves prospecting too. Its a wonderful way to spend time with the family. My wife and family want to go, so I think we will be there. I look forward to meeting everyone in person.

post-7251-1222359103_thumb.jpg

BobinNv,

Yep ,its hell when your wife finds more nuggets with your old detector than you do with a new one !!

Mine is still not mobile after knee surgery and complications so she may just come and be camp watcher and my chaprone but we are working hard to arrange it, this moving from a house to a MH and rebuilding the MH at the same time takes a lot of 18 hour days and its been between trips back to Yuma, 175 miles and Del Webb hospital 22 miles,

I need the time off! I have not even turned my GP-4000 on since I got it from Shep!

Attached picture with a few nuggets on the edge of the pic is all wifes 3 weeks finds,

Hope it cools off a little for the outing.

Max

I know exactly what you mean!! :laught16:

I am sorry to hear about the wifes knee complications, I hope she is healed before the outing. Sounds like this outing is going to be a much needed break for the both of you. We look forward to meeting the both of ya.

Hi everyone, Sue and I are really looking forward to this outing. We, too, are counting the days until we leave South Dakota to prospect in Arizona for the winter, this being our first stop. We are bringing our 22' toyhauler back in there and hope there's enough room for us to camp, what with all of us coming for this outing!

Hopefully we won't get lost like we did last time and ended up on a roller coaster ride with the trailer up and down those hills and gullies! Last time we didn't have enough diesel so ended up making a special trip to Kingman. Does anyone know if there is diesel sold in Meadview or Dolan Springs? Looking forward to meeting all of you! Ron

I believe the gas station in dolan spgs. Someone from there may chime in to verify.

I've been to the basin 5 -6 times in the past few months and most the roads there have been graded well, they even knocked alot of the bearms down and widened the roads in the process.

Have fun an Hapy Huntn. :icon_mrgreen: