Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

NS Memorial outing

hey. glad to here of the outing. we were just talking about it.

we will be there again!!!!!

Can't wait for the chili, It's great!!!

we just bought a toy hauler , forget the tent trailer after the wind last year. :laught16:

As long as ya follow directions good ya can get in with a motorhome, follow me and ya can't get there with a donkey!!! ha ha. :innocent0009:

Shep, I could be wrong but I think I did see a pile of space rocks in Bill's office.

One of my fishing buddies is from Squaw Valley and he told me about a stunt his buddy pulled on him. His buddy's kid was over at this guy's house and he showed him some "fool's gold" he had supposedly found on his dad's property down by Mojave. It was actually a really nice specimen with real gold from Alaska. My friend looked and it and told the kid it was real gold. "No way," said the kid, "we have piles and piles of the stuff at the ranch. Ask my Dad."

So, my friend called the kid's father and was told that there were indeed piles of the stuff at the ranch and he was welcome to all of it if he liked. He fell for it hook, line and sinker. He made a beeline down toward Mojave and when he was just about there he got a call from his buddy... APRIL FOOL!!!!

:whoopie: :wubu: :innocent0009: :happy0045: :whoopie: Yo all will be glad when oct. gets here just like billbe glad to get out with all you great b/s`er. Also if you can stay in the area the AMDA will be having it annual hunt in Laughlin ,Nv. on Friday 24, 3pm early bird hunt Sat.25 9am 10am 12.30pm 1pm and2pmfour hunts on sat.Sunday 26 10am AMDA big money hunt. Hope to see all you great fellas at both outings. Both are a great deal of emjoyment. Gold Basin yea yea. Mumbo 24

Hello Mike and all....Mike its not like I was a Perfect Stranger....some are Stranger than others...lol Just letting ya know that the offer still stands either way you play it....I have off from the 16th to the 30th of Oct so time is not a Issue for me...Heck I could even throw in a Tour of Las Vegas for ya...lol...We have been in this forum long enough....and I think of everyone like Family....Hope to see you all out there.... jerry

Hi Jerry,

It's looking more and more like I may have to pass once again. Work and personal life always seems to get in the way of the best laid plans. :grrr01: A few more years and the work won't be a problem ... personal either come to think about it. :hmmmmmm: :coffeetime: I am definitely coming the AZ in the winter 2009 for at least 2 weeks. I should know about October by the middle of this month.

I thank you again for the offer. It is very generous of you. :whoopie: :whoopie:

Mike

Hey All

Don't forget if you have a big motorhome, you can camp where you turn off the blacktop. It's a nice flat area, but then you have the daily 5 or so miles to camp. The only problem was last year we were sand blasted there.

Jim B

sounds like fun

is this outing open to everyone ? or just wspa members?

it would be nice to meet some of ya all from the forum

havnt been out there in awhile, last trip was a big skunk

and way to hot

This outting is open to all forum members.

Open to All and a lot of fun. We have the big Pot Luck dinner on Saturday and bring your own steak (grill provided) Lots of BS and good fun as well as prizes for the penny hunt.

Bill

Hi, Drywashdave here. I live in Meadview and plan on being out there to meet you all. If I can get one of my sisters to watch my elderly Mother I can camp. If not I`ll be out for Friday night chili and a cold one. I can bring 500 gallons of water, for after chili, panning, fire, or watever. Hope to make the steak cook. If I can`t stay I can unhook the water trailer and pic it up later. Dave cell 702-277-5715

Hey mapping Mikey, could ya post a map please.... And I'll chip in one some of those Cosco fillets again......

Thanks, Bill

Here's the GPS coordinates for the campsite (if it's the same as last year)-

N35 52.913

W114 13.798

Del

Well I have just re-retired at 73, bought a motor home, getting out from under a house in Yuma.AZ, bought Sheps old Minelab, and going up to around Morristown,Az to find a central place to full time R/V and prospect from!

I trying my best to make it to the nugget shoot in October. I am looking forward to meeting Bill, Shep,Grubstake, rick.ther in person and all the others that I have watched on the forums for years. I know I have a long way to go to catch up with you guys who have been nugget shooting with Minelabs for years but the fun is just in the getting out under the sky and with good companions! Save me a warm spot by the camp fire!

Max in Yuma

Is it Oct. yet? Come on cool weather.

Bunk

:icon_mrgreen: :laught16: Every time I walk into my Kitchen I have an URGE to make a BIG

pot of Chili.....Oct. won't get here fast enough

What more can a Prospector ask for...GREAT FRIENDS, GREAT FOOD AND a FANTASTIC COIN HUNT

and this is all at the same place....Stories to be told, info to be shared.....and maybe even the wave

Of Mr. John B. 's " MAGIC FINGER " Whoo hoooooo

:ROFL::ROFL: :chowtime: :whoopie: :smrt1:

Gold Basin nuggets from last year...

Bunk

post-1609-1218764724_thumb.jpg

Hi Jerry(Jet521)

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it out this Fall. I will be out this winter however. that one is in the books.

Thanks again for the very generous offer for the room and board.

Mike F

Hello Mike and all...Mike not a Problem here...So sorry that you will not be able to make it to the outting....But when you do your always more than Welcome to stay here...I have never been to Gold Basin with such a Mass of souls before...but can only Imagine alot more fun...Heck I might even have to tip the ole Brown water jug just to take the chill out of the bones from that Cool Oct Breeze :tisc-tisc: and to help with all the BS aka Knowledge floatin around the camp fire :innocent0009: Another time Mike and I undrstand...Pointy Fingers and all :laught16: jet521akajerry

Well, All this talk about homemade CHILI finally got to me :chowtime: Sooo at breakfast I strarted a pot just happenning to buy fresh chilies yesterday and diced up a good steak and got it all going :whoopie: .

Now its 104 degreees out side but the chili is ready, well not quite but I can't wait any longer, :yikes: This pot might last me until Oct. :outtahere:

:icon_mrgreen: :laught16: Every time I walk into my Kitchen I have an URGE to make a BIG

pot of Chili.....Oct. won't get here fast enough

What more can a Prospector ask for...GREAT FRIENDS, GREAT FOOD AND a FANTASTIC COIN HUNT

and this is all at the same place....Stories to be told, info to be shared.....and maybe even the wave

Of Mr. John B. 's " MAGIC FINGER " Whoo hoooooo

:ROFL::ROFL: :chowtime: :whoopie: :smrt1:

Should be able to make it. It will be good to see old friends and meet new ones.

Will bring my two tables. :coffeetime: --Perry--

Hi Rick, I was going to enter the chili cookoff at Mohave Drums next month, but they told me all the stuff you put in it has to have a traceable store lable if someome gets sick. so my venison and fresh roasted peppers or a nono. Question is will you have plenty of chili? or mabe I bring some to. We should start a head count?

There is never too much chili......IF YOU MAKE IT, THEY WILL EAT IT..... :laught16:

John B. has been known to show up with a "large" bowl for chili......

The more chili the better . :chowtime: :chowtime: :chowtime:

I found out that my son and 2 nepheas got deer tags for nevada. up by Elko, my old hunting spot. going for a week starting the 9th. The boyes realy arn`t into the meat, (city girl wives) so I`m invited to cook. I voluntered for that job. mountains are steep, boy`s are young, say there going to the top for the big ones. If we get meat, you know what I`ll be bringing to dinner. And may`be liver and onions for breakfast if anyone is interested? if not, chili and 500 gallons of water.

Dave, I am an avid deer hunter and love the venison I harvest but I wouldn't take the gift of the organ meat especially the liver. Too much junk like heavy metal and other polutants. Don't forget the liver is the filter for the body! And I probably have a small issue with liver knowing that my dad died of liver cancer. Used to love calve's liver and onions ... can't do it any more!

Good thing is that I have yet to have any organ meats go to waste ... I can always find someone who will take and use it.

Good luck to your boys on their high mountain hunt! The big one is waiting just below the top ... on the other side! :innocent0009:

Mike F

Hey Mike, this is a Nevada hunt. most were shot right close to the truck. the biggest problem is you have to take turns watching them at night, Coyotes.

post-14661-1220492379_thumb.jpg