Nugget Shooter Forums

NS Memorial outing

Hi All,

Well I am planning to do the Nugget Shooter outing the 3rd week of October this year and as always all are welcome. It will be at Gold Basin and as long as I can get JB's blessing we will also have the coin shoot for cool peizes and this year we may just give away a detector as well, I am working on that part.

So mark your calender and as always it will be a hoot.

See you there and more to come soon....

Bill

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bill,

I would love to attend if I can.

Now just because I am a bit anal ... comes with old age :confused0013: ... bear with me now :innocent0009: ... that comes over the October 17 through October 19 weekend if it were to start Friday and end Sunday. Correct?

I would hate to fly out from NH and miss the date by a week before or after. :grrr01:

And Gold Basin is located where ... near what town? At this point I am only familiar with Wickenburg, Rich Hill, LSD areas.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

Well I am planning to do the Nugget Shooter outing the 3rd week of October this year and as always all are welcome. It will be at Gold Basin and as long as I can get JB's blessing we will also have the coin shoot for cool peizes and this year we may just give away a detector as well, I am working on that part.

So mark your calender and as always it will be a hoot.

See you there and more to come soon....

Bill

Bill,

Ya need to reschedule the Nugget Shooters outing to a different date. I made plans to be at your store that week end for coffee :coffeetime: and maybe purchase some gear. :icon_mrgreen:

If you have more information on the outing, I would appreciate it. I wouldn't attempt to locate anything with my detector, cepting for a coin, but surely would like to meet some of you folks. How long....all week? Parking for motorhomes??? Anything FREE??? :innocent0009: Post some more information. And where the heel is Gold Basin????

bill

"stuck in deming"

Hi Bill,

I would love to attend if I can.

Now just because I am a bit anal ... comes with old age :confused0013: ... bear with me now :innocent0009: ... that comes over the October 17 through October 19 weekend if it were to start Friday and end Sunday. Correct?

I would hate to fly out from NH and miss the date by a week before or after. :grrr01:

And Gold Basin is located where ... near what town? At this point I am only familiar with Wickenburg, Rich Hill, LSD areas.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike.....I'm a think'n maybe I better not be riding with you.

bill

"stuck in deming'

Ah Billy Bob ... it might be a little like the blind leading the blind. :innocent0009:

However give me a gps coordinate and I will go anywhere ... and get there and back again too!

Mike

Gold Basin is about 40 miles north by northwest-ish from Kingman Arizona or maybe it is just 40 miles west of Kingman...anyway, it is there and Bill always has some little angel post a map and directions...many very large motorhomes have been in there, not that I would take mine in there (if I had one)......

fred

Mike; if you can read it this is the location of my very first GB meteorite thanks to that famous Pointy Finger of Mr B's

post-378-1216328321_thumb.jpg

Gold Basin is about 40 miles north by northwest-ish from Kingman Arizona or maybe it is just 40 miles west of Kingman...anyway, it is there and Bill always has some little angel post a map and directions...many very large motorhomes have been in there, not that I would take mine in there (if I had one)......

fred

Mike; if you can read it this is the location of my very first GB meteorite thanks to that famous Pointy Finger of Mr B's

Fred, You have a way of putt'n a person on edge. .....many very large motorhomes have been in there, not that I would take mine in there (if I had one)......

Now what the heck did that mean??? :hmmmmmm: Sounds like it's ok for me to take mine, but there ain't no way you're gonna take a motorhome over them old washboard, two ruts, tree overhung, up down, bolder ridden county maintained roads. :Huh_anim]: I'm a think'n I needs to be talk'n to someone with a more positive outlook for a motorhome making it to the camp.

bill

"stuck in deming"

Unless there has been some serious erosion lately, the principle gravel roads that lead to the outing site are fairly flat, wide and moderately well graded. The trick is not to miss any of the turns at key forks in the road. Some of those wrong roads can wither down to sheer drop-offs that even a 4X4 might not wiggle out of, let alone turn around. But the roads are usually well flagged and many RVs have made it all the way to the site and out again without incident. The fact that I had a blowout last time I was there was primarily due to old tires. The good news is that Kingman has a LOT of tire stores. I'd still like a little clarification as to specific dates.

I am already making plans for my friday night CHILI......as far as a motor home goes I have had no problem taking one out there and will be taking my Dad's motor home out this time.

I hope to arrive early on the 17th and be able to stay until the 19th.

Quads are always a good thing to have also.

Mike, Gold Basin may be even closer to Vegas than Kingman. You should be able to get a pretty good deal on airfare.

These answers about the roads and motor homes remind me of a story about 3 guys who used to go on a fly-in moose hunt every year. A pilot would fly them in to their hunting camp and come back and get them a week later.

Well, one year they each shot a moose. The pilot who came to get them was afraid that the plane would not take off the the 3 guys, all their gear and 3 mooses. One of the hunters assure the pilot that it would take off. "We had 3 mooses last year and a plane just like this had no problem taking off." he said.

So they loaded up and taxied down to one end of the lake. The pilot gunned the engine and the plane crossed the lake and sure enough, the plane took off. They barely cleared the trees on the other side of the lake BUT they had to climb a high hill and just before reaching the top of the hill one of the pontoons caught a tree and they tumbled down into the forest.

"darn, we just about made it. said the pilot.

The guy who talked him into it sheepishly said, "Hey, don't feel bad. You made it further than the guy did last year."

Bill.....Count me in this year...maybe I can get to know the XT70 alil better while I am there??...and Meet all of you that I didn't get a Chance to meet on the Last outing??...I hope the wind Gods are good to us this year..lol jet521 aka jerry

Mike , Gold Basin is about 40 miles NE of Kingman . The closest junction you will find on a map is Antares Road and Pierce Ferry road . Then you will be going north from that junction and following the road . If I can see my way clear to make it I will be more than happy to lead you out there . I live by the junction of Antares Road and old RT. 66 . How are you planning on getting out here ? If you check the Road Atlas you will see RT.66 going east and north from Kingman . Just before it swings east again there will be a dirt road heading north . It will intersect a road that comes from US 93 . That is the intersection I referred to as the closest . I'm sure that any of the guys from Kingman area will be glad to help you out when you get here . As I said earlier I would be more than happy to help you find your way .

Thanks Tom. Haven't decided to fly and rent a vehicle or if I can take two weeks or more off I may drive out so I will have my own truck. Either way it gets more expensive by the day to make it the 2800 +/- miles.

Mike

Billy Bob

Maybe you should have had a longer stay in Port Aransas and got a push from winds coming off that storm in south Texas thats going on right now.It's been so hot here as you well know that the devil himself had to move out of Texas.

I hope I can make this outing this year it would be my first but the fuel price may say I do less.Unless the sky falls on me I will be out around Stanton when it cools down.

Well Bob maybe your stay won't be to much longer in Deming.

Chuck

Hello Mike and all...Mike if you decide to fly and ya come into Las Vegas...your more than welcome to stay at my place while your here..Meals included :laught16: ...Depending on what the Vacation Schedule looks like for Oct 16th to the 23rd...I will take off and will be headed out to Gold Basin around the 17th or 18th and come back on the 22nd or 23rd...Depending on weather...just letting you know you have this Option...I will know tonight if I have off or not for the above dates...Either way it will be nice to meet you....jet521akajerry

Thanks for the offer Jerry. Still trying to make the dates work as most, I guess, are at this time. I'm definitely going to be out that way in late Jan into Feb for at least 2 maybe 3 weeks. Taking this extra time in October might cut into that time if I don't plan it just right.

Thanks again for the hospitality. What other hobby can you get an offer like that from a perfect stranger. Nuggetshooting has caused me to meet a lot of great people that I would never have been able to reach out to without my love of the desert and swinging the magic wand.

Mike

YOU BET BILL.... :woohoo: CHILI... :woohoo: .

Planning on a big pot for Friday night.......anyone that wants to bring extras is welcome to add to this Friday "atmospheric" feast :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Ought to give that place one more shot. Last time, I put 45-60 (?) miles on my truck and brand new 16' toyhauler to go the 6 miles into camp. Was not lost!, just abit confused.

After getting there the company was great (John B and I were there), altho he didn't let me use his finger :hmmmmmm: and all the space rocks I found and packed around most of the day; Bill looked at and threw into the bushes (did he go back?)

I'll see what I can do-

Shep

Billy Bob

Maybe you should have had a longer stay in Port Aransas and got a push from winds coming off that storm in south Texas thats going on right now.It's been so hot here as you well know that the devil himself had to move out of Texas.

I hope I can make this outing this year it would be my first but the fuel price may say I do less.Unless the sky falls on me I will be out around Stanton when it cools down.

Well Bob maybe your stay won't be to much longer in Deming.

Chuck

Chuck,

I don't stay any longer than I has to in Port Aransas. Last trip was only a couple days on the island and 5 weeks on the mainland playing golf and soaking up the tornadoes, rain and wind. :Huh_anim]: But that was 3 months ago and now everything is back to normal....hurricanes.

Got a 2 month release from the doctor today and guess where this old fart is headed. Yep, Port Aransas. I'll be back in Deming by early Oct. and should have everything packed up and ready to head west into Az. and southern Ca. Grounds should all be cool and dry by then and if'n I can ever find that Bill fellow, I may be sporting a new 4500. That is if'n Bill is look'n to sell one to an old drywashing fool. Sure hope I can make the outing and maybe learn how to work one of them detector things. :icon_mrgreen:

bill

"stuck in deming"