Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey Guys,

A buddy of mine, his 16yr old son, and I went out to one of my spots over the weekend and filled up some five gallon buckets. Had 15 on the first run and 13 on the second. It was 3am by the time we finished that night (Fri), so we went to bed and ran the second batch on Sat. It was 12am by the time we finished the 13 buckets (had to do all this after I got off work, that's why it's so late), so came back on Sun to run the fines. A couple of the buckets looked really good. The first one we ran, I had to clean up the Gold Buddy four times. The other should have been cleaned up three times, but I pushed it and got some gold down in the box instead of on the first carpet. Other than those two and one other that wasn't too bad, had no clue what we would end up with. I was hoping for a couple of ounces since his son is looking for the down payment on his first car (we all remember how that was). The boy eyeballed a 1.5 gram nugget in one of the buckets while we were digging, believe it or not. Not bad considering we were only using a flashlight. That was his bonus for the weekend. We ended up with four nuggets in the 13 buckets, 1.5 grams, 3.9 grains, and two others totaling 2.4 grains. I'll post pics of those next weekend. After classifying the fines, we ended up with 290 grains (.60 ozt) of pickers. Anyone wanna guess the total for the run? Total fines came up to exactly 8 OUNCES!! All in all, not a bad reason to loose a little sleep...LOL. We'll run the other 15 buckets this coming weekend and keep you posted. This is a pic of the fines (-16 mesh) minus the pickers. :woohoo:

Randy

post-1098-1215510518_thumb.jpg

Don, you have to be the only other person up at the same time as me in the Western Hemisphere! Funny how they don't tell you how hard prospecting is on your body. That was on Fri and I'm still sore since I don't do physical labor any more. The other thing they don't tell you is what a great salve that much gold will do for you!

Randy:

If that is what you get out of the few buckets that you cleaned,I would be spending every waking moment there, looka likw you hit the spot. now if you could do that once a week, nice work

thanks for sharing

Allen in MT

Don, I'm from the other PV, Prescott Valley. That spot is on some private property that I have the mineral rights for on Lynx Creek. I'm in the process of trying to start my own placer mining operation there. Anyone know of some rich people that would like to invest?

Randy

Thats just GOT to be virgin ground you have I haven't heard story like that other then what i have read in gold rush storys.

PS you best keep this under your hat better and secure the area your going to have claim jumpers.....

Vini, you hit the nail on the head, it was virgin ground. The old man I got the mineral rights from sat down with me and explained just where all the good spots are there. I thought it had all been worked at one point or another, but this shows that it is still out there to be found. Can't wait to get a backhoe in there, sure will save my back.

Randy

Randy: It's been said that timing in life is everything. Your post tells me there is still a little time left for the rest of us. Its just the "space" part that needs to be stumbled upon. Congratulations on your Eureka moment and may your dreams be tickled by many more!!

I always hope i'll find a pocket area that got missed but HOSER JOHN got it all when he was living here :grrr01:

But i'll keep looking anyhow keeps me out of trouble and away from the old lady :woohoo:

wow, what a nice find, go get some more and hope that you post some pic's. good luck and be carefull out there.

Holy cow! That is some very rich dirt Randy. 8 ounces per ton is almost unheard of and I don't think you've run a ton yet. I hope that paystreak is long and wide!

Down payment he11.... he's gonna get the car paid for soon! WTG :whoopie:

Hi Randy,

That's Awesome :whoopie: I do have a question thou do you own the land? I know you stated that

it's private property and that you have the mineral rights but do you own the land? Just curious

Rich

I don't know.... doesn't sound to good to me. I think you need some help, I'm worried about your back! You just let me know where to meet you and I'll be there!