Nugget Shooter Forums
garimpo

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

17 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Now that's my kinda guy...a DIYer!!!

I'm good with all that except one issue !  You can't buy Beer here until after 12:00 on Sunday.

• Like 1

Interesting Stuff ...

- If you put a buzzard in a pen six or eight feet  square and  entirely open at the top,  the bird, in spite of its ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner.  The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of ten or twelve feet.   Without space to run,  as is his habit, he will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top enclosure. 

- The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble  creature in the air,  cannot take off from a level  place.  If it is placed on the floor or flat ground,  all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and no doubt painfully, until it reaches  some  slight  elevation  from which it can throw itself into the air.  Then at once,  it takes off like a flash.   

- A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler will be there until it dies unless it is taken out.  It never sees the means of escape at the top,  but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom.  It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself. 

Ever see what a Buzzard can do to a Truck Windshield ?    Seen it twice now.  

Not so sure about that bat thing.  I scooped one up in a coffee cup and while I was looking down at it in the cup it came flying up in my face like a Bat From Ell.  LOL

Edited by homefire

Teaching math...

1.  Teaching Math  In 1950s
A logger sells a truckload of timber for $100.
His cost of production is 4/5 of the  price.
What is his profit?

2.  Teaching Math In 1970s
A logger sells a truckload of timber for  $100.
His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80.
What is his  profit?

3.  Teaching  Math In 1990s
A logger sells a truckload of timber for  $100. 
His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?
Yes or No

4.  Teaching Math In 2015 
A logger sells a truckload of timber for $100.
His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. 
Your assignment :  
Underline the number  20.

5.  Teaching  Math In 2020
A logger cuts down a  beautiful forest  because he is selfish and inconsiderate and does not care  anything for the habitat of animals or the preservation of  our woodlands.  He does this so he can make a profit of $20.

What  do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class  participation after answering the question:

How did the  birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There  are no wrong answers, feel free to express your feelings  e.g,  anger, anxiety, inadequacy, helplessness etc.)

Should you require  debriefing at conclusion of exam there are counselors available  to assist you.

6. Teaching  Math In   2025
هاتشيرو   تبيع 
كارلواد   من   نهاب  100   دولار    تكلفة   الإنتاج   هو 80  دولاراً .   كيف 
الكثيرمن   المال    ولم

• Like 2

NOT ON MY WATCH! I plan to be here through 2025 and maybe even 2035 Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise!!!!

Mike F

• Like 1

SAD%20SAD%20SAD.jpg

Clean house!

This is sad, sad, sad.  Bad enough to see it with sports, but now it is in schools and congress….SICK!!!!

If they won't stand and recite the Pledge of Allegiance,
In my opinion...they have no place in our Congress.
  • Like 4

Loyalty ?  LOYALTY ?  Loyalty to the Country ?  We Don't Need no Stinking Loyalty !

A desperate looking woman stood poised on the edge of a high bridge, about to jump off.
Kenny was wandering by, stopped and said, "Look, since you'll be dead in a few minutes, and it won't matter to you, how about a quickie before you go?"
She screamed, "NO! Bug off you filthy old bastard!"
He shrugged and turned away saying, "Okay then, I'll just go and wait at the bottom."
She didn't jump.

Object lesson: Suicide counseling really does work!
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

LOL, Talked her right out of that one.

I had a picture of Kenny but now photo bucket has shut me down for posting to third parties. 

After looking at Kenny I tend to believe the story!

Photo Bucket Upset me when they made all the changes.  Pull everything I had and never went back.

LOL, Look what I just got from PHOTO Bucket.  They say I been using them for third party hosting and going to loose features unless I Pay up.  LOL  I deleted every thing I had on there years ago.  WTH ?

PHOTOBUCKETBS.PNG

Same threat I received homefire. 

Now I just hope that Whatsapp don't follow suit. 

Don't know how I'm going to get  pics on here anymore. 

On other news: yesterday someone went detecting in a ravine about 25 km from here and dug down about six inches to pull out a 200 grams beauty. 

• Like 2

Don, check out Imgur to use as you have used Photobucket, it's free and I just signed up and here my first attempt to use it to post photos.

Link to Imgur.

https://imgur.com/

My test photo.

Edit: Don, everything works almost just like Photobucket except you need to copy the "Direct" link and post it instead of the "Image" link used on Photobucket.

If you need any help getting started let me know and I'll walk you through it.

6MnL0Pw.jpg

• Like 2

Holy cow, I wouldn't even want to dream of that. Talk about a stress test!!

3 hours ago, SanDomingoJim said:

Holy cow, I wouldn't even want to dream of that. Talk about a stress test!!

No, No Jim it's not a stress test, it's a photo hosting/posting test using Imgur....oooooh you mean to photo of the Jeep, that was just a casual Sunday drive a while back trying to find Hoser John's house!!:ROFL:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LOL I would think twice hitting that one on a motor Cycle.

• Haha 1

On the Merced right above Briceburg,below Yosemite I had a road very close to that. Sold claims as way to dangerous and never knew if /how long it'd take  to you get back out. BUT good gold. John

14 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Don, check out Imgur to use as you have used Photobucket, it's free and I just signed up and here my first attempt to use it to post photos.

Link to Imgur.

https://imgur.com/

Imgur and all the other "free" image hosting sites have essentially the same terms. That being "we own your pictures when you upload them" and "you don't have a right to link to our images". That last one is why Photobucket won't let you use their pictures (used to be yours) without paying them for the privilege.

From the Imgur terms you agreed to:

you grant Imgur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to Imgur pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content Imgur has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense.

don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network

That's lawyer speak for "We own your stuff now and you can't use our stuff for forums, eBay, websites or anything else without paying us".

There is no such thing as a free lunch folks. That's particularly true on the internet. Photobucket, Imgur, Facebook, Google and all the rest offer the same flavor of "free" as Photobucket does. The only real question is how long before they send you the bill. The longer they wait the less likely you are to have a backup copy and the more likely you will be willing to pay up to get "your" stuff back. Photobucket couldn't wait any longer.

Read the small print before you eat the free lunch. :tisk-tisk:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What Clay said :112:

The "F" Word

When is @#$%Acceptable?

There are only 11 times in history where the "F" word has been considered acceptable for use.
They are as follows:
11. "What the @#$% do you mean, we are sinking?"

-- Capt. E.J. Smith of RMS Titanic, 1912

10. "What the @#$% was that?"

-- Mayor Of Hiroshima, 1945
9. "Where did all those @#$%ing Indians come from?"

-- George Custer, 1877

8. "Any @#$%ing idiot could understand that."

-- Albert Einstein, 1938
7. "It does so @#$%ing look like her!"

-- Picasso, 1926

6. "How the @#$% did you work that out?"

-- Pythagoras, 126 BC

5. "You want WHAT on the @#$%ing ceiling?"

-- Michelangelo, 1566

4. "Where the @#$% are we?"

-- Amelia Earhart, 1937

3. "Scattered @#$%ing showers, my ass!"

-- Noah, 4314 BC

2. "Aw c’mon Monica. Who the @#$% is going to find out?"

-- Bill Clinton, 1998

1. "There is no @#$%ing way Trump will ever become President"

-- Hilary Clinton 2016
--
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2017 at 0:12 PM, clay said:

Imgur and all the other "free" image hosting sites have essentially the same terms...

Any photo hosting site suggestions, Clay..? Anyone..??

Swamp

Photo Bucket left a bad taste.  Don't think I plan on using another one.  Too Dodgy. 

NEW PREAMBLE TO THE CONSTITUTION 

"We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal bed-wetter's.

We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights."

ARTICLE I:   You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.

ARTICLE II:   You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III:   You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful, do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.

ARTICLE IV:   You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.

ARTICLE V:   You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.

ARTICLE VI:  You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

ARTICLE VII:  You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.

ARTICLE VIII:  You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.

ARTICLE IX:  You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.

ARTICLE X:  This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came from! (lastly  ....)

ARTICLE XI:  You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. 

The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1