Nugget Shooter Forums
garimpo

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Worth your time, makes a lot of sense to me.

DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP
Bob Lonsberry © 2016

The account of two U. S. Navy vessels being seized by the Iranian navy earlier this week seems completely implausible.

No part of it makes any sense.

The story is that two river patrol boats – bristling modern-day incarnations of the Vietnam swift boats – were navigating south from Kuwait to Bahrain. At some point, via some means, the two boats, with their contingent of five sailors each, surrendered to the Iranians.

Two accounts have been offered as to how that happened. The first was that one of the vessels lost its engine and that they both then drifted into Iranian waters. The other was that the two boats had been operating fine, but inadvertently navigated into Iranian territory.

If one of the vessels was disabled, as is claimed, and hostile craft are approaching, bringing with them the prospect of capture and captivity, don’t you put all 10 sailors on the able boat, sink the disabled boat, and race the bad guys back to international waters?

From the Iranian video, it looks like two or three bass boats and four guys in mismatched uniforms, with a couple of AK's, captured two far-larger and better-armed American boats, both of which were bristling with mounted machine guns.

And all of that presumes that these two boats were operating alone in the open seas, which they presumably were not. There is, in fact, a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier battle group operating in the Persian Gulf. The USS Harry S Truman owns the Persian Gulf these days, and the significant American military presence in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait – lands immediately proximate to the waters where our sailors were operating – makes us the biggest dog on the block.

And we’ve got radar and helicopters and airplanes and stuff like that. And if an American vessel breaks down at sea, or strays from course, under those operational conditions, there are a lot of American assets that would both notice the problem and be able to offer relief. Yet no one did.

We’re supposed to believe nobody radioed a couple of inexplicably lost boats to ask where they were going? When one of them supposedly broke down, a carrier battle group had no means to come to their assistance?

That makes no sense. It’s completely unbelievable. So is the apparent conduct of the sailors in the face of a supposed challenge by the Iranian military.

If one of the vessels was disabled, as is claimed, and hostile craft are approaching, bringing with them the prospect of capture and captivity, don’t you put all 10 sailors on the able boat, sink the disabled boat, and race the bad guys back to international waters?

From the Iranian video, it looks like two or three bass boats and four guys in mismatched uniforms, with a couple of AK's, captured two far-larger and better-armed American boats, both of which were bristling with mounted machine guns.

Here’s a fact: When you're kneeling on the deck of your own boat, with your hands clasped behind your head, and some guy’s shouting at you in terrorist language, things didn't go right.

And yet, that’s exactly what supposedly happened here. Ten American sailors, successors to Captain James Lawrence, are on their knees next to their unfired guns, in the face of a smaller and less well-armed opponent – with little American flags snapping in the breeze.

This is not the stuff of Commodore Perry and Admiral Farragut. And you wonder whose call it was. How far up the chain of command did they have to go to find the cowardly lion who ordered this genuflection before a bunch of savages? Did this get bounced all the way to the Pentagon, or the Situation Room? Which secretary of what made the decision not to put a squadron of naval aviators above those two boats to keep the camel jockeys at bay?

It is shameful, a worldwide embarrassment for the nation and the Navy. And it is topped off by an obsequious videotaped apology, and pictures of our sailors, captive in hostile hands, the female with a towel over her head.

The President can ignore this. But we can’t. We got pantsed. We got humiliated. We showed either weakness or incompetence. And unfortunately either one only invites aggression against us.

It is inconceivable that you could find 10 Americans willing to surrender themselves and their equipment without a fight. It is not plausible that any young man or woman entering into the naval service would willingly kneel on the deck of a combat-capable ship.

Somebody told them to give up. And that somebody, and the philosophy he represents, will be the death of us.

• Like 5

ya just know in your heart that he has his stir-stick in the pot

and is mixing up everything he can think of before his demise in 2017.

He promised to "fundamentally change" the U.S.A. in his re-election

campaign.....that's one promise he seems to be bent on keeping.

Let's hope that another stuxnet or similar virus was in the equipment they stole and this was a giant disinformation ploy to screw the Iranians

THE OLD PHONE ON THE WALL

When I was a young boy, my father had one of the first telephones in our neighborhood. I remember the polished, old case fastened to the wall. The shiny receiver hung on the side of the box. I was too little to reach the telephone, but used to listen with fascination when my mother talked to it.Then I discovered that somewhere inside the wonderful device lived an amazing person. Her name was

"Information Please" and there was nothing she did not know. Information Please could supply anyone's number and the correct time.

My personal experience with the genie-in-a-bottle came one day while my mother was visiting a neighbor. Amusing myself
at the tool bench in the basement, I whacked my finger with a hammer, the pain was terrible, but there seemed no point
in crying because there was no one home to give sympathy. I walked around the house sucking my throbbing finger, finally arriving at the stairway. The telephone! Quickly, I ran for the footstool in the parlor and dragged it to the landing. Climbing up, I unhooked the receiver in the parlor and held it to my ear.

"Information, please" I said into the mouthpiece just above my head.A click or two and a small clear voice spoke into my ear.

"Information."

"I hurt my finger..." I wailed into the phone, the tears came readily enough now that I had an audience.

"Isn't your mother home?" came the question.

"Nobody's home but me," I blubbered.

"Are you bleeding?" the voice asked.

"No," I replied. "I hit my finger with the hammer and it hurts."

"Can you open the icebox?" she asked.

I said I could. "Then chip off a little bit of ice and hold it to your

finger," said the voice.

After that, I called "Information Please" for everything. I asked her for help with my geography, and she told me where Philadelphia was. She helped me with my math. She told me my pet chipmunk that I had caught in the park just the day before, would eat fruit and nuts.

Then, there was the time Petey, our pet canary, died. I called, "Information Please," and told her the sad story. She listened, and then said things grown-ups say to soothe a child. But I was not consoled. I asked her, "Why is it that birds should sing so beautifully and bring joy to all families, only to end up as a heap of feathers on the bottom of a cage?"

She must have sensed my deep concern, for she said quietly, " Wayne, always remember that there are other worlds to sing in."Somehow I felt better.

Another day I was on the telephone, "Information Please." "Information," said in the now familiar voice.

"How do I spell fix?", I asked. All this took place in a small town in the Pacific Northwest.

When I was nine years old, we moved across the country to Boston. I missed my friend very much.

"Information Please" belonged in that old wooden box back home and I somehow never thought of trying the
shiny new phone that sat on the table in the hall. As I grew into my teens, the memories of those childhood conversations never really left me.

Often, in moments of doubt and perplexity I would recall the serene sense of security I had then. I appreciated now how patient, understanding, and kind she was to have spent her time on a little boy.

A few years later, on my way west to college, my plane put down in Seattle. I had about a half-hour or so
between planes. I spent 15 minutes or so on the phone with my sister, who lived there now. Then with out thinking what I was doing, I dialed my hometown operator and said, "Information Please." Miraculously, I heard the small, clear voice I knew so well. "Information."

I hadn't planned this, but I heard myself saying, "Could you please tell me how to spell fix?" There was a long pause. Then came the soft spoken answer, "I guess your finger must have healed by

now." I laughed, "So it's really you," I said. "I wonder if you have any idea how much you meant to me

during that time?" I wonder," she said, "if you know how much your call meant to me.

I never had any children and I used to look forward to your calls." I told her how often I had thought of her over the years and I asked if I could call her again when I came back to visit my sister. "Please do", she said. "Just ask for Sally."

Three months later I was back in Seattle. A different voice answered, "Information." I asked for Sally. "Are you a friend?" she said. "Yes, a very old friend," I answered. "I'm sorry to have to tell you this,"She said. "Sally had been working part time the last few years because she was sick. She died five weeks ago."

Before I could hang up, she said, "Wait a minute, did you say your name was Wayne?" "Yes." I answered.

"Well, Sally left a message for you. She wrote it down in case you called. Let me read it to you." The note said, "Tell him there are other worlds to sing in. He'll know what I mean." I thanked her and hung up. I knew what Sally meant. Never underestimate the impression you may make on others..

• Like 4

What a beautiful story! :thumbsupanim

Six trivia questions to see how much history you really know. Be honest; it's kind of fun and revealing. If you don't know the answer, make your best guess. Answer all of the questions (no cheating) before looking at the answers. And, no, the answers to these questions aren't all Barack Obama.

1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

A. Karl Marx B. Adolph Hitler C. Joseph Stalin
D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few... and to replace it with shared responsibility, for shared prosperity."

A. Lenin B. Mussolini C. Idi Amin

3) "(We).... can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

A. Nikita Khrushchev B. Joseph Goebbels C. Boris Yeltsin

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ...
in order to create this common ground."

A. Mao Tse Tung B.Hugo Chavez C. Kim Jong II

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

A. Karl Marx B. Lenin C. Molotov

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy, that they are being watched."

A. Pinochet B. Milosevic C. Saddam Hussein

Scroll down for answers...

... and the answers are:

(1) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004

(2) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007

(3) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(4) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(5) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(6) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

• Like 6

I thought she said 3 + 4 but was not aware of the others ... wow ... what a dangerous woman!

I thought she said 3 + 4 but was not aware of the others ... wow ... what a dangerous woman!

She is more than dangerous, she's a freekin criminal who's immune to prosecution. The way I see it.

• Like 3

Not disputing that Rock ... She is very dangerous outside of prison ... we need to make sure the sheeple don't get her elected to the White House!

• Like 1

Congress needs to do there job as the DOJ is Criminal.

Child Support Requests

The following are all replies that Dallas women have written on Child Support Agency forms in the section for listing father's details. These are genuine excerpts from the forms. Be sure to check number 11; it takes the prize. Scary to think these women are breeding...

1. Regarding the identity of the father of my twins, child A was fathered by Jim Munson. I am unsure as to the identity of the father of child B, but I believe that he was conceived on the same night.

2. I am unsure as to the identity of the father of my child as I was being sick out of a window when taken unexpectedly from behind. I can provide you with a list of names of men that I think were at the party if this helps.

3. I do not know the name of the father of my little girl. She was conceived at a party at 3600 Grand Avenue where I had unprotected sex with a man I met that night. I do remember that the sex was so good that I fainted. If you do manage to track down the father, can you send me his phone number? Thanks.

4. I don't know the identity of the father of my daughter. He drives a BMW that now has a hole made by my stiletto in one of the door panels. Perhaps you can contact BMW service stations in this area and see if he's had it replaced.

5. I have never had sex with a man. I am awaiting a letter from the Pope confirming that my son's conception was immaculate and that he is Christ risen again.

6. I cannot tell you the name of child A's dad as he informs me that to do so would blow his cover and that would have cataclysmic implications for the economy. I am torn between doing right by you and right by the country. Please advise.

8. Peter Smith is the father of child A. If you do catch up with him, can you ask him what he did with my AC/DC CDs?

9. From the dates it seems that my daughter was conceived at Disney World; maybe it really is the Magic Kingdom.

10. So much about that night is a blur. The only thing that I remember for sure is Delia Smith did a program about eggs earlier in the evening. If I'd have stayed in and watched more TV rather than going to the party at 146 Miller Drive, mine might have remained unfertilized.

11. I am unsure as to the identity of the father of my baby, after all, when you eat a can of beans you can't be sure which one made you fart.

• Like 4

hahahaha but who cleans up my keyboard mess-thanx as much needed laugh today. John

Time for a BUndy Rumble.

READ S-L-O-W-L-Y
I have never heard this said as simply or as well.

The folks who are getting the free stuff don't like

The folks who are paying for the free stuff, because

The folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer

Afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff.

And the folks who are paying for the free stuff

Want the free stuff to stop.

And the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more Free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!

Now... The people who are forcing the people who pay

For the free stuff have told the people who are RECEIVING

The free stuff that the people who are PAYING for the

Free stuff are being mean, prejudiced, and racist.

So... The people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the Free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free stuff in the first place.

We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more people getting free stuff than paying for the Free stuff .

Now understand this.
All great democracies have committed financial suicide somewhere between 200 and 250 years after being founded.
The reason?

The voters figured out they could vote themselves money

From the treasury by electing people who promised to give

Them money from the treasury in exchange for electing them.

The United States officially became a Republic in 1776 ,

239 years ago.

The number of people now getting free stuff

outnumbers the people paying for the free stuff .

Failure to change that spells the end of the United States

As we know it.

ELECTION 2016 IS COMING

A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I'M 100% for PASSING THIS ON !!!
For all our sake PLEASE Take a Stand!!!
Borders: Closed!

Language: English only

Culture: God, Constitution, and the Bill of Rights!

Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before Welfare!

NO freebies to: Non-Citizens!

Only 86% will send this on. Should be 100%

• Like 2

Does anyone read the Constitution any more ?

Does anyone read the Constitution any more ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PxdDvgQks

I think they try to avoid reading it but when forced to, attempt to perceive it to fit their self serving agenda...just my 2 cents of copper coated zinc pennies.

Does anyone read the Constitution any more ?

So, according to this video there is absolutely no way Ted Cruz should have even been allowed to be presented as a potential nominee for President of the USA..? Correct..?

As for Rubio I'm a bit more 'fuzzy', but it seems the same holds true for him, correct..?

Assuming Rubio's wife meets certain standards his children could be considered..

Ditto for Cruz's offspring, assuming Ted was naturalized at some point (which isn't noted / mentioned in this vid) and when he gave up his Canadian citizenship he gave up a portion of dual citizenship -- making him a (naturalized) citizen of the USA only..

Bottom line: According to our DofI & Constitution neither of these guys should even be up for consideration as Prez of USA..? Correct..? Incorrect..? Thoughts..? Discussion..? Or is there no need, since it appears to be stated they can't..

Swamp

It seems to me that Cruz and Rubio are both in the same class as Obama.

So, according to this video there is absolutely no way Ted Cruz should have even been allowed to be presented as a potential nominee for President of the USA..? Correct..?

As for Rubio I'm a bit more 'fuzzy', but it seems the same holds true for him, correct..?

Assuming Rubio's wife meets certain standards his children could be considered..

Ditto for Cruz's offspring, assuming Ted was naturalized at some point (which isn't noted / mentioned in this vid) and when he gave up his Canadian citizenship he gave up a portion of dual citizenship -- making him a (naturalized) citizen of the USA only..

Bottom line: According to our DofI & Constitution neither of these guys should even be up for consideration as Prez of USA..? Correct..? Incorrect..? Thoughts..? Discussion..? Or is there no need, since it appears to be stated they can't..

Swamp

Technically, George Washington and many of the first half dozen presidents were ineligible.

Mittens Romney and John McLame were both born on foreign soil. Killary most likely is a rejected alien turf born in some dark reached of the galaxy.

• Like 1

Technically, George Washington and many of the first half dozen presidents were ineligible.

Mittens Romney and John McLame were both born on foreign soil. Killary most likely is a rejected alien turf born in some dark reached of the galaxy.

No they was Born Before the Constitution was enacted. The Constitution Has that covered.

• Like 2

No they was Born Before the Constitution was enacted. The Constitution Has that covered.

Looking at her, I can believe Hillary was born before the Constitution was enacted.

• Like 1

You or I would be locked up buy now.