Nugget Shooter Forums

Local Mother Lode Spots?

Hi all

I'm new to this forum, nugget shooting in general and I just acquired a GPX-4500. I've spent the last few days starting to get comfortable with the machine, digging up old bullets, rusty nails, bits of wire, screws and an old watch!

I was wondering if anyone on here lives in the Mother Lode/Grass Valley area and would be willing to share a couple of local potential nugget baring spots (ofcourse I wouldn't ask for Grade A spots, B or C would do very nicely) with a newbie? :hmmmmmm:

*Toothy

Gold Tooth: Don't hold your breath for a positive response---nobody is going to give away their gold nugget locations for

free..Just like learning your $5000.00 detector you will have join a Club that has some claims in the area or do

background checking to find a place to use it..its out there--you just have to find it. good luck to you

Gold Tooth: Don't hold your breath for a positive response.....nobody is going to give away their gold nugget locations for free.....Just like learning your $5000.00 detector you will have join a Club that has some claims in the area or do background checking to find a place to use it..its out there--you just have to find it. good luck to you.

I have to agree with hammer in all that was said. That would be like the "old timers" of many years back saying "come on over to where I'm working hard", I'll show 'ya where it's et'.

Their are many seasoned prospectors that participate to this forum, review all posts and you will get to know "who is who" and what they have accomplished as real miners and prospectors!

Respectfully, the 'latest and greatest' metal detector is worthless unless you take the time to learn it's capabilities, to include doing some reasearch on your own. 'Ain't no one I know', willing to give up their patch after spending the time to find it.....Not ment to be cute, just fact!

Gary

Easy one. Right out of Nevada City is the South Fork Yuba River Rec Area-BLM has killed dredging there this year . Go to Purdone Crossing --parking lot is noted for theft so leave ZILCH in your vehicle. Go upstream about a 1/4 mile or so and work the hi/low water line. The river was up and ripping this winter and you WILL find good gold by looking for landslides too. The anchient river channel(YUBA) cuts right through. We dredged/detected many pounds a few years ago a mile and a half in.Tons a au 2 u 2-Cherokee Bar and Drivers Flats in the Auburn rec area are good(Yuba better). ICMJ just had a great article on Drivers flats and the Auburn Goldhounds have claims and GREAT folks too. Call Frank at Pioneer MIning and off you go!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Thanks, JOHN! Exactly what I was hoping to get. Somewhere I could sorta get my chops where I knew there was gold around.

I figured the probability of folks offering up their personal spots was nil but some general 'public' or well known spots might be available to share.

Hammer and Gotgold, thanks for the tips, too.

*Toothy

You really should join the GoldHounds --- I am a member but don't have much free time these days, and with the cost of gas I only get out just a few times a year --- they have lots of information to share and many experts, and the yearly cost is very low.

Their website is http://www.goldhounds.com/

If you are planning a day trip on the weekend and need a buddy, then PM me and I will see if I can join you. I have a GP3000 and Eureka Gold and live in Sacramento...also very interested in how well the 4500 does as it may be in my future.

Good luck out there!

nug